Is anyone else worried about Cyberpunk on the base PS4?

Jake-TheGreat97

17 minutes ago, And98s said:

I think a delay that close to the release is really concerning. The devs have been crunching hard for months and there is no end in sight and the management apparently picked an unrealistic release date which is getting pushed further and further away. There must be something really wrong with the game when it get's delayed that often, alway close to the advertised release date.

I think a bit of perspective is in order there, I don't think there is a conspiracy or something secret going on like you allude to. And if there is, it's 100% on the company to be transparent. Don't forget the conditions the game is being released under and the physical and psychological conditions that the human beings who are behind the game are under including:

• The global health crisis that has fundamentally changed how their staff work for the last 7 or so months
  • Major civil unrest in Poland that undoubtedly is a stress factor
  • A game that needs to release on 4 separate consoles, across two generations and PC

It's really crappy that folks who specifically took time off from work to play are upset, especially if you can't rearrange the time out again. But these aren't exactly 'normal' times and circumstances by any means.

I understand that folks are annoyed that the game is being pushed a few times, but you kinda just have to roll with it or you will go insane. The game will come out. People have played it. There is a trophy list. The devs and company reps are actually way more communicative than other companies would be in this situation. Even in the face of death threats.

If there was ever any time to cut a game company some slack - it's now.

• Like 3

Honestly feel like they're holding themselves back by trying to make such an ambitious project work well on consoles that aren't powerful enough for it. Im not expecting it to be the greatest thing I've ever played but I'm pretty sure they'll make something worth playing which I'm fine with. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

I’ve been “worried” since the first gameplays.

I was going to play it on the PS4 while the April’s window release was there, but after delaying it until November it was a no-brain decision to play this game on the PS5. 

Honestly, good luck to anybody who’s thinking to play this on the PS4.

• Like 3

Honestly, I expect it to run horribly. Something like dynamic 900p with frame drops or potato quality graphics. Do not forget the loading times and asset streaming. Witcher 3 had problems in both departments.

They announced a while back that PS5 version will work fine, but I will wait for a proper next gen version that will be available in 2021. The game looks gorgeous on PC and I don't want to spoil my experience with this game.

3 hours ago, xh117 said:

Yes, that's why I'll save it for PS5 and not ruin the experience. Can't believe they even bothered with a stadia version. 

They bothered because Google sent over a dump truck filled with suitcases of millions of dollars.

Or, I suppose, a blank check. Google can afford to overspend. But I don't know anybody that's getting the game on Stadia. Rightfully so.

• Like 1

If you have any other option, I'd say go for it.

I'm afraid the PS4 version will not run well...

Of course, we're talking about CD PROJEKT RED, which are excellent developers, imo.

So all the delays and focus might just be a plus for the PS4 version.

I'm going for the PC version myself, and later for the PS5 edition... for trophies. ^_^

• 1 month later...

Of course there is reason to worry. Only PC reviews out, not a single one for console? No own gameplay from any critic, from what I have seen in reviews they can only show the developers own gameplay. 

This is very concerning in my world.

We will see, Im in no rush to play this

1 hour ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Of course there is reason to worry. Only PC reviews out, not a single one for console? No own gameplay from any critic, from what I have seen in reviews they can only show the developers own gameplay. 

This is very concerning in my world.

We will see, Im in no rush to play this

I agree. Very troubling.

The game and setup is probably awesome but why rush things?

Edited by Stedde

This will probably be the last big game I buy for PS4, seeing as I have a giant backlog and I'm in no rush to buy a PS5. I'm going to err on the side of caution and patience; there's no need for me to buy this day one so I'm going to sit back, continue playing through my backlog and then see how the PS4 version is shaping up before I decide to buy it.

I personally always decided to wait for the PS5 version because in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe this won't perform great on the PS4 because I mean we had exactly the same thing with certain games that were cross gen between PS3 and PS4 and cyberpunk just seemed like to me it was always going to be a game with problems on PS4.

• Like 1

I got my pre order on the pc version. Am I worried? No. Why? The Witcher 3 was very, very buggy at launch ( no excuses I know ) and people seem to forget that. I remember Roach flying, fps drops, stores not loading in correctly, characters in scenes having seizures, walking on water and so, so much more. Yet its still one of the best games I played and many agree.

Yes it shouldn't be broken at all and the standard from the entire industry is release first, patch later but people going omg its buggy? But its CDPR... Well sorry but they always released buggy games. Also 8yrs or however long means nothing seen as they 100% remade it or added a crap ton to the engine so they likely sat a bunch re doing things. Andddd they can't really afford more delays.

If its anything like The Witcher 3 story telling, quests and world then its going to be a great RPG. And looking through reviews it seems its outstanding in all of the above but buggy. 

• Like 4