February 2023's PS+ Essential games announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate February 2023 PS+ Essential's lineup   

286 members have voted

1. 1. Rate February 2023 PS+ Essential's lineup

2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• OlliOlli World
    • Mafia Definitive Edition
    • Evil Dead The Game
    • Destiny 2 Beyond Light (DLC)

Well I don't even have a slight interest in any game on the list aside from OlliOlli, but I would have bought the complete edition during the Holiday Sale if I wanted it. The trophy list and time commitment to plat turned me off the game before I even played it. Oh well.

I have PSVR2 pre-ordered plus a few backlogged games so it's not like I need a game this month anyway 

6 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Absolute garbage imo. Mafia looks great but I deleted it after 60sec due to input lag. No interest in Olli, Evil Dead no thanks sick of getting dead online only games. And a 2+yr old Destiny 2 DLC wtf. Essentials is more like an advertising service now. 

I'm someone that seems to be really sensitive to input lag and I must say I didn't feel any on Mafia. What console did you play on? I played the digital version on ps5 maybe that made a difference

Seems like a solid month, if true. 

Nothing jumps out personally as a "Download and play as soon as they're available!!!" type of game but they're all ones I'll add to the library. Evil Dead was free on the EPG a while back and a few of my mates picked it up then. Given it's got crossplay, it's the sort of game a bunch of us can play, regardless of platform.

Olli Olli and Mafia will definitely be added to the library in case I get the hankering to ever play them. Destiny 2 stuff means nothing to me but I'm glad that those that do enjoy it get the content.

meh. Beat Mafia way back when it originally released. Its good but I'm not going to play it again. Its on my shelf. No interest in Olli or Evil Dead. Havent touched Destiny 2 but ill take the free DLC i guess just in case.

Either way, i normally add everything to my account but yeah nothing special for me this month. At least LiS: BTS was last month. 

On 1/29/2023 at 9:17 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

It surely is unusual, if nothing else. They must really need fresh blood on those servers.

FnqmnLuXkAMEELA?format=jpg&name=small

I doubt it. It has more to do with Sony owning Bungie now and the upcoming DLC at the end of February. I know people wish this game to fail for some reason but that does not seem to be happening any time soon.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

From blog post:

We also wanted to provide an update on the PlayStation Plus Collection that has been offered as a benefit to PlayStation Plus members on PS5 since 2020. On May 9 the PlayStation Plus Collection will no longer be offered.

?

Gotta make time to play Crash Bandicoot while I can.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

From blog post:

We also wanted to provide an update on the PlayStation Plus Collection that has been offered as a benefit to PlayStation Plus members on PS5 since 2020. On May 9 the PlayStation Plus Collection will no longer be offered.

?

Gotta make time to play Crash Bandicoot while I can.

Play? You won't lose it, just go and redeem it xD

Anyway, not a big loss for me, i'll probably miss only BF1 and Fallout 4. Bought some games, obtained others from Essentials, and others were obtained thanks to glitches. Hopefully they'll offer at least the latter on Essentials someday.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1