Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: Platinum # Five | J-Stars Victory VS+

0_240.png&f=1&nofb=1

Difficulty - 4/10  Enjoyment - 7/10

I know a lot of people hate arena fighting games. Aside from the tedium I had to go through in getting this plat I do believe this was a step in the right direction into making a legitimate arena fighter. The characters are fun as hell, the combos are easy but has some bit of depth to them just some of the assists not just for support characters but battle characters as well seem a lil unbalanced. I do think this was close to making a legit arena fighter that could be popular one that has the budget and attention to character balancing the genre as far as I know. With stuff like the arena fighters for for One Piece, Naruto, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Black Clover, etc. I do believe that the storm games did something good for arena fighters but the systems at play only could work in the realm of Naruto and with One Piece after grand battle back in the day the modern arena fighter in this case Burning Blood has felt more like a cash crab to capitalize on the hype of the anime like the games for My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Black Clover and I believe Demon Slayer as well is getting an arena fighter. Regardless my point stands, I haven't played those arena fighters but with public perception and/or with how fast they are forgotten about once they drop there has to be a patterns. I could be wrong if anyone has played those games let me know how they are. I only own Burning Blood out of this list so if I also didn't give that enough of a shot let me know and I'll try playing it again. Overall the game isn't difficult just prepare for a tedious grind especially to get the 2 golds before the Plat but if you do love the combat like I did with enough patience you can get through it all. I think a great arena could be made that is popular, there just hasn't been enough of an effort to pull it off in my opinion I'm open to being wrong though. Also I just started trophy hunting so don't judge me for only having 5 plats at the moment XD.

Edited by xPhrance
  • Like 4

#105 American Ninja Warrior Challenge

L5da796.png

1Ldcece7.png

Enjoyment: 6/10

Difficulty: 5/10

Platinum Rarity: 17.92%

If you are familiar with the American version of TV reality game show, this game holds true down to having the same obstacles and announcers, which you can unlock and play with as contestants (ninjas) - in quick play anyway  This game is fairly bare bones and does not have much polish but I largely enjoyed it.  Learning and improving at the obstacles gives a sense of satisfaction, especially completing Vegas Stage 3 in Under 2 minutes, which is probably the toughest trophy.  You are best served to do this in a later season once you level up your ninja.  Once you get there, it will come naturally.

On the other hand, this game can be a little aggravating if you don’t conquer the hold-and-release type obstacles (not really explained, more trial and error until it clicks).  Other times, your inputs on QTE events did not seem to register right.  But the worst part were the occasional glitches where your ninja would crumble like he was hitting an invisible wall coming off the rope swing for example.  And always at inopportune times.  Also, way too many blue screen shut downs.

So while this game has some issues, it is still fun for what it is.  And improving and winning all challenges/trophies feels like an accomplishment as the platinum rate is surprisingly lower than 20%.  The game itself is short and more worthy a rental than a purchase..  Verdict: Slight Recommendation (if you are a fan of the show or know what you are getting into).

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 4

Tekken 7

Enjoyment: 4/10

Difficulty: 3/10

A huge letdown to former installments of the series. No bowling, no Alex/Roger, and some of the most forgettable characters. Dlc included Negan from The Walking Dead, Geese Howard from KoF/Fatal Fury, and FF XIV's Noctis. Add SF's Akuma to the bunch and you see how much they ran out of ideas long ago.

• Like 4