Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Destroy All Humans! on Steam

Enjoyment: 9/10

Difficulty: 5/10

One of my all time favorite B-movie types of games. Not a full fledged triple A game, but not quite an indie game. Just pure arcade, nonsensical fun. It's goofy as hell and never shies away. I desperately wish there were more games like this nowadays where the game doesn't try to be aggressively realistic and is just a video game with fun shit to do. The only thing that knocked it down for me from a 10/10 was simply because some of the challenges are brutally hard. As an example, a couple of the races in the later levels need a near-perfect run for a 3-star score. I wouldn't mind this if the rest of the game was like this, but the rest of the game (at least in the story) is relatively pain free and fun. It's an unneeded difficulty spike. Adding to this, the final boss is also a massive difficulty spike. Again, if there were bosses leading up to the final boss(es) that could tighten your skills that would be necessary for the fight, then that's fine, but because there's really only one boss before this, and it's quite easy, then it comes across as needlessly hard because the game doesn't force you to play at a high level until the absolute end. Besides these small gripes, the game is unbelievably fun otherwise. The 1950's or whenever aesthetic is so fun and goofy, and there are so many jabs at the politics and society at the time, that it comes across as so charming.

TL;DR: Besides some of the brutal challenges and the overly difficult final boss(es), the game is an absolute joy.

Edited by ChunkyKong64