Most Recent Platinum

Muff

15 hours ago, Revvie said:

:platinum:#244

Lae1292.png

1L75c775.png

Just another day at the office
Earn all available trophies for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Remastered.

nNwoQMu.jpg

Two shot, two kill... Do I still need to play the sequel? :awesome:

I am only 1 trophy from getting the Platinum for this game.

And it is the time under 15.1 seconds.

• Like 1

I just finished Saints Row The Third Remastered. It's been awhile but I thought that it was a lot better than what it was. The game was fun at times, but it did start to feel like a chore during the grinding part of the platinum. The challenge's were a real headache and I almost had to do a second playthrough for the STAG vehicle during the auto thefts. I actually was so ready to be done playing it that I didn't even bother to finish all the DLC.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

The Last of Us Part II

1Lc53719.png

:platinum: #175 - Also a milestone!

Time to Platinum: 50 Hours | Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 10/10

So for this game, since it's still new and all that jazz. I will be posting all my thoughts in a spoiler tag. Mainly because it's kinda impossible to talk about this game without giving away any spoilers. I'll try and keep it spoiler free as possible.

Hide contents

Overview

Set 4 years after the events of The Last of Us. You play as Ellie who embarks on a journey full of gut wrenching revenge. An act she witnesses sets in motion one of hell of a story of revenge, loss and pure hatred. This is not a game that has any happy feelings, Bar one section that is literally right near the end and is rather short lived. Don't go into this game expecting a tale of coming together like the first game. It's the absolute opposite of that. I cant say I've played a more depressing game in my entire life and that doesn't make it a bad thing. It makes it more realistic given the circumstances. It's the kind of stuff I'd fully expect to see in an apocalypse.

Gameplay

Gameplay, honestly isn't that much different than the first game. What's that old saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it? There literally was nothing wrong with the first game in terms of gameplay. It's a lot smoother in the sequel and has a few new additions that are actually really handy. You can prone now which makes sneaking in some sections much easier. The game feels a lot more open now I guess you could say although still very linear. There's multiple ways to approach stuff and you can either choose to go loud and crazy or stealth and ninja. There's freedom there but not a whole lot but that's okay. More weapons to work with, you can add new attachments to guns and stuff. Like silencers on pistols, range finder on the bow. A whole lot of goodies. Customisation is great and you even see the animations where they tweak that part of the weapon as well which I thought was a really nice feautre. All in all, gameplay isn't much different but expanded on in a good way.

Characters

Okay this might take a little while but I'll probably just stick to the big characters since there is so many. So you have Ellie. If you've played the first you know Ellie. Much older now and a lot different than you know. She's not the quick, charming, sarcastic teenager she was back in the first. She's angry and I mean so much so that it consumes her very being. You see her snap easily, no mercy to anyone, wants to keep moving forward. She has to set things right. I understand that she wasn't going to be like she was in the first game it's understandable but that is the Ellie I prefer. Okay now Abby, she was consumed with rage before the events of this game. It was because what happened in the first game as to why she does what she did and why this epic sequel came around. I've seen so many people constantly judge the way she looks and she seems to be really muscly blah blah. It's annoying now. So what if she is. You set a goal, you want to get strong even if that goal is revenge you get it done and that's what she does. You can take the piss out of her all you like but she is a powerhouse and there's not denying it. They are the most important characters to the story honestly. Dina, Ellies love interest. A lot of people tried to throw the "Ellie is a lesbian because the company tried to be woke or this and that" blah blah. She was a lesbian in 2013 when Left Behind was released. People are so quick to give shit about things they don't understand. Anyway, Dina is a great character. She's sarcastic, loveable and she's got a great attitude towards everything from what I noticed. She accompanies Ellie on her journey and is there all the way to the end. There isn't much to say because the emphasis isn't on her really. She plays a huge part but you kinda don't really go deeper than the relationship when it comes to her. Owen and Mel. I'll be straight up honest about Mel. I didn't like her, she constantly blames Abby for everything. Owens actions, she hated what she did at the start of the game but she was there through it all and she just tried to point fingers all the time. Owen though. He was the positive one. I really liked Owen's character. He was always making jokes, trying to be the cool head of the group and literally was a great character. Shame you barely see him in it.

There's a few more to talk about but I feel they are the more important ones. There are other important ones too but I really don't want to go into ridiculous spoiler territory as I'll be here all night seriously..

Trophies

Trophies are really simple. I think 90% of them are collectable related. I did my first play through without a guide then I followed a guide on my play through clean up. If you want a great guide. Follow my friends nicely done one. It's @Bushido_Cypher on you tube. He pinpoints where everything is and when to exactly get them. He likes to keep it entertaining as well which he does a great job of. The other trophies just consist of beating the game. Upgrading the weapons. It really is a simple trophy list.

Conclusion

So initially I was on the fence of buying this game. I saw a couple of the leaks especially the huge one related to why Ellie goes on this epic journey. I then was told by @Mayellie that I should get it regardless and make my own opinion of the game as that's the only opinion that matters. I'm so glad I took her advice because it ended up being one of my favourite games. The leaks just before the game don't even justify half of the story that goes on in the game. I honestly had so much more to say on the game and it's characters but I literally don't feel like writing a full game review. It's such a long game and there's so much going on, on top of the the main story arc. I don't think the team at ND deserved a lot of the hate they got. There were some sections I didn't really like but that's to be expected. The pacing is a little funny in some places as well but overall it's a great game. I think people try and bring politics into the games more often because of characters like Lev, the size of Abbys arms, Ellie being a lesbian. This that the other and honestly. Those kind of things are what make this game great. Honestly by the end of this game I felt sick. Not because it bored me or because of how gruesome it was. Literally because there is no good ending. There is no happy story, It's just one big pile of revenge and unleashed on us all.

So @MayellieIm really grateful you gave me the push to play this game. I think i'd probably still be on the fence otherwise. I liked it so much I ended up making it a milestone as well. 

I've tried to keep what I've said as spoiler free as possible and only emphasised on a few things but there is so much more to see, know and do in the game that it really would take a long time write everything. From now on, I'm not listening to anyones opinions on games bar my own because if I did I would of missed out on this masterpiece.

Congrats legend! :D Appreciate the shout out as well

• Like 1