PS+ October 2017

Platinum_Vice

I considered buying MGS V few times recently but never actually did that mostly because I have that strange disease. I can't start a sequel of series I'm new to, I just have to play all previous games from part 1. And as far as I know MGS plot isn't simple one. 

But screw it, if it's free, I'm gonna be all over that game in october. 

• Like 1

Great month, Amnesia is the perfect game for October. Glad The Evil Within didn't get a spot in this month, since it was bundled with a lot of PS4s, like Infamous. Not too interested in the MGS franchise, but The Phantom Pain has a huge open world, and the combat seems fun. Heard very little about Hue, and nothing at all about Sky Force

You'd be stupid if you had PS+ and didn't pick up MGSV:TPP if you never played it.

One of the best games of this generation imo, despite it's weak narrative in comparison with previous MGS titles. However if this is your first Metal Gear, this won't be an issue for you.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1

The last two months have been pretty gkod! Hopefully this continues and offers a AAA game that I don't already have like mgs xD

1 hour ago, maniek515 said:

I considered buying MGS V few times recently but never actually did that mostly because I have that strange disease. I can't start a sequel of series I'm new to, I just have to play all previous games from part 1. And as far as I know MGS plot isn't simple one. 

But screw it, if it's free, I'm gonna be all over that game in october. 

If you want to play in chronological order, it's the following:

Mgs 3

Peace walker

Ground zeroes

Phantom pain

Mgs 1

Mgs 2

Mgs 4

Revengeance (if you count it)

• Like 4

Great lineup. Too bad I bought MGS back in June when it was 9.99. Havent even played it yet....lol. Maybe I needa stop buying stuffs and just wait for plus games now.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

ROFL, I'm just going right in man. Don't have time whatsoever to play all of the previous installments and learn a new story.. I'm going to commit a sin and play it regardless! In fact I'm planning to go the extra mile and skip the cutscenes if I'm confused!! 

Lol. Well, I'm not sure if I want to do that or not, but who knows? I'll wait and see what you have to say, since I'll be busy boosting Far Cry 2 next month(and possibly beyond) with Cr1s. xD

Edited by DamagingRob
How do I get rid of these damn extra quote boxes?...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. Well, I'm not sure if I want to do that or not, but who knows? I'll wait and see what you have to say, since I'll be busy boosting Far Cry 2 next month(and possibly beyond) with Cr1s. xD

Lmao at the rate I'm playing games atm I wont get to it anytime soon. Have fun boosting with cr1s. Really cool and funny guy :)

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, if you've already got MGS this is probably a dodgy month.

But, I don't have MGS, and I've lost count of how many times I've nearly bought it, so it's good for me. Cheapest I've seen it hit was around 15 bucks, so with that in mind, I'm happy. Everything else is kind of eh though, like, I'm interested in Amnesia, but it also looks like it could be complete horseshit.

However, I've said this before and I will definitely stand by it this month, give us a AAA game every month (or two months even) and sprinkle in whatever other shit you want and I'll be happy. MGS can be found dirt cheap anywhere, retail copies are 20 odd in most stores new for example, and that's the definitive edition too. Buuuut, it's still a huge AAA game and having it on Plus adds immense value in my mind. So to close, I mean, overall it's an eh month if you take out MGS, but leave in MGS and it's enough to boost it to a legit dope month. Ultimately, all I'll remember from this month is MGS anyways, and maybe Amnesia, there's usually only one or two games worth remembering even in Plus's heyday.

Aaaaanyway. I'm glad to see the heavy hitters keep coming.

I guess you could say this month is.... Solid? ;)

8 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Trophy breakdown, courtesy of PSNTrophyWiki:

Game   Platform   Trophies (B/S/G/P)      DLC       Time (hrs)      Plays      Difficulty      Guides
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain   PS4   43 (27/13/2/plat) 0     150+     1      hard      ps3t
Amnesia Collection   PS4   22 (6/7/8/plat) 0     15     ?      easy  
Monster Jam: Battlegrounds   PS3   31 (22/0/8/plat) 0     4 - 6     1      very easy      ps3t
Hustle Kings   PS3   11 (5/5/1) 1     15 - 50     1      hard      psnp, ps3t
Hue   PS4/Vita   12 (9/2/1) 0     7     1      very easy      psnp, ps3t
Sky Force Anniversary   PS4/Vita   14 (11/2/1) 0     8 - 15     1      medium      ps3t

Already got Metal Gear Solid V unfortunately.

Amnesia Collection looks tempting, but then I haven't played SOMA, Outlast, Slender the Arrival or Layers of Fear. May play it on Halloween.

The rest are a bit meh.

It's a good month. My backlog won't be happy. :lol:

MGS V: I've still yet to play all others from HD collection and GZ (I played original 1 and 2 and dabbled into PW).

Amnesia Collection: Never played but quite curious

Hue: I like puzzle games, should be good

Sky Force: Might try it

Monster Jam: Already own it

Hustle King: Don't care

Great month! I almost bought MGSV twice while it was on sale, because I loved Ground Zeroes, but since I knew it was a time-consuming plat and I have other games that I haven't even started, I decided to hold off and, now, I'm glad I did, although I wasn't really expecting that it would be part of PS Plus. The other games seem good too. It's definitely worthwhile to have PS Plus right now.

Wondering if this will push some MGS:V trophies to Ultra Rare. I have the Platinum for it, and it was not easy or short to do!

Great game though very rarely can a game that passes the 100 hour mark still be fun and engaging for me by that point, and the gameplay / systems of MGS:V I enjoyed all the way up until I got the Plat, brilliant game.

And for those who have never played an MGS game just go for it, this one is the least plot heavy of them all and it will give you a feel for what a Kojima game is - If your interested in Death Stranding.

Edited by tpepper1985