Good Games for Couples?

SamS7398

Knack 2 has a good coop system. You both have a button to teleport to each other so if she has trouble keeping up on some of the platforming you can complete it and she can teleport to you and skip it. It also has some cool quick-time scenes where you both press the same button at the same time. The story is awful, though.

Octodad lets you map the controls on two controllers. The feet are the easiest and she can just mash the buttons to walk and you can do the harder part with the hand and holding things. It's a fun physics/rag-doll type of game that's super silly. Highly recommend.

I think Tropico 5 has local coop? It has a steep learning curve so maybe not the best, but it's a city building simulator.

Terraria. Gucamelee. Castle Crashers. Those are all very fun games to play together. Gucamelee would be a bit hit or miss if she likes it though. Terraria is super fun and you guys can get as into it as you want or just build a house with wood and try to survive. Castle Crashers is basically button mashing and also quite silly, but it's PS3 only.

I've played Magicka 2, Gauntlet, Helldivers, Skulls of Shogun, Stardust Vanguards, and Dungeon Punks coop as well, but those may not interest her as much so I'm wary recommending them. Maybe look through some videos on youtube and see if the gameplay is of any interest. I found Magicka 2 hard, myself, and the other ones can get a bit boring really quickly. 

Thank you all for the suggestions so far! A lot of really good games here. I forgot to mention that I don't think my girlfriend is very fond of the lego games as she finds them boring. Knack seems like a good suggestion, I have got it downloaded free from PS Plus so we could give that a go. Still a bit weary about Overcooked because of how it may cause arguments but still seems like a good one to play together. Quiplash seems like fun that @phantomfear9494 suggested, as we have cards against humanity and that's hilarious. I might pick up The Sims 4 one day when it goes on offer and let her play it, which wouldn't bother me as long as she's having fun (and earning me trophies). I'll definitely take in consideration to all the suggestions, so thank you all!

• Like 2

My wife isn't too much into video games but she likes trying something every now and then.

Plus, anything requiring the right analog stick (e.g. FPS/FPS) is too much of a hassle for her ?

So far, she liked the following games:

• The Walking Dead (Season 1 & Season 2)
  • A Wolf Among Us
  • Until Dawn
  • Never Alone
  • Valiant Hearts
  • Rayman Legends
  • Unravel

I know that almost all of the games in my list are single-player games, but we had fun in a lot of them. Especially the Telltale ones and Until Dawn, where he had to decide what our characters would do.

I hope this can help!

This is literally the perfect co-op game. It was free on PS Plus a while ago. Basically 1-4 players, couch co-op. You control one ship, and you walk around to different stations on it. Like one person controls the thrusters, other person shoots, controls shields, etc... And the game is gorgeous and really fucking cute. I haven't played it myself because I don't have irl friends or anything, but watch these guys play it and you'll see what it's about.

Edited by aZombieDictator

No one has mentioned Portal 2 :o  My husband and I had great fun playing co-op on that.

Another suggestion I have is Don't Starve Together, it's a bit tough but a lot of fun.  Also good call on all the people who said Magicka 2, it's such a fun game and one of those experiences where I laughed a lot - if you picked it up on PS+ then I recommend definitely giving it a try.

I believe Stardew Valley might be getting a multiplayer patch this year, that would be an awesome game to play co-op on too.  

Things like the Artifex Mundi games; the Witness; Talos Principle etc. they are essentially single player games but you could solve the puzzles together

There really aren’t that many great couch coop games anymore, compared to the NES and SNES days. Everything is online now.

Helldivers is a good coop game, but may be too hard for her, it’s a mid to high difficulty, and friendly fire is always on.

Resogun supports a few good multiplayer modes as well, but again, semi tough and you may find she dies too quickly making it a solo experience more often than coop one.

32 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

I am envious of everyone here with like-minded partners!

My girlfriend isn't a gamer at all (apart from the odd mobile game) but she absolutely loved Overcooked and Until Dawn to the point where she was asking me to play it. Ask them if they'll play with you and they might end up enjoying it!

These games are great for couples!. Me and my wife had a lot of fun with:

Army of two: 40th day- ps3

Army of two: the devil´s cartel- ps3

Diablo 3

Oceanhorn

castles

Lovers in a Dangerous Space time

Valiant Hearts

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2

Super Dungeon Bros annnd....

PATAPON AND LOCOROCO!!! EVERYBODY LOVES THESE TWO GAMES!!!

Listen to me, these are grat choices! My wife isn´t even good with games.

fabiansc83.png

Overcooked is a good choice and it can be a hilarious and very satisfying experience with your partner as you cook up the best strategies to beat the levels together. The controls are very simple but require some finesse in the more challenging levels. If you're into puzzle games Puyo Puyo Tetris has local multiplayer.

Beach Buggy Racing, it's kart racing it supports up to 4 couch coop. I brought it for the family for 2.49 from the PlayStation store. My nieces and nephews love it. My girlfriend and I love it. The AI is pretty wicked so be careful for that. I saw you did mention something about trophies. If you do buy this game and would like to get the plat. Buy the EU version because the NA version trophy list is ridiculous and the EU version was patched and they lowered the requirements.

My wife very rarely plays proper video games with me. She's mostly into little mobile games like Word Chums and Trivia Crack etc. There are a few Playlink games out now for PS4 like Hidden Agenda, Knowledge is Power, That's You etc. I've got them all because they've all been on sale for $5 or less at some point. My wife enjoyed playing all of those with me so far. We haven't opened up Singstar yet though. These games are all very casual, but the trophies can be a pain because there are many that have requirements about number of players. So if you care about completion, use an alt account. For those games, you control things with your individual cellphones or tablets. She liked that she could use the phone instead of a dual shock. Also, for my daughters science project, we were measuring the impact of video games on hand-to-eye coordination. So my wife was kind of forced into playing video games by her. During the experiments, we played Rocket League together and she seemed to really like that game. We played a bunch of private matches and then started and finished a season. However, she hasn't picked it up again since.

Here's a list of a games that i played with my bride, by the order that she most had fun:

1. Puppeteer
  2. Beyond: Two Souls (We finished this game twice!)
  3. LEGO games. We've played a lot of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. And since this franchise has a lot of options, pick one that is a little familiar for her. Like Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Harry Potter... and i think that this is good for new people coming into gaming, because the games are quite simple and very funny too play.
  4. LittleBigPlanet
  5. Diablo III
  6. Fighting Games (We've played SkullGirls and J-Star Victory VS+)

Just don't get to close of games with a lot of mechanics or something that you think that can be "too much" for her right now. I've tried to play Borderlands with my bride, and she doesn't liked, because In her worlds: "I don't think that this is the kind of game that i can play right now. A lot of information and texts, and since i've never played so much on a console, i confused myself with the controls sometimes, it's hard."

Let's see.. will mention some of the games I played with my bf. :dance:
Did a description in some of them, but mostly I just enjoyed them cause it was coop or also good games. People also suggested some good games tbh.

- Nom nom galaxy
- Overcooked (They are right, it could cause arguments if you care for trophies but also tons of fun)

- Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time (Really cute to play, I just got excited for being able to dance together)

- Portal 2 (Didnt play it with him yet but I know it would be fun)

- Dont Starve Together

- PVZ Garden Warfare

- Resogun 

- Minecraft

- Dark Souls 2 (Online and also could be hard)
- Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One 
- Trine

- Battlfield 4 (If you will play online)
- Disc Jam (We had a blast playing this)

- Saints Row

- Dead Island

- Dead Nation

- Dragons Crown
- Diablo III

- Borderlands

- Burnout Paradise (Not sure if this has local I played it online tho)

- Need For Speed (^)

- Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

- Guacamelee
- Mercenary Kings (Just mentioning cause is coop, not everyone seems to enjoy it)
- Goat Simulator (Its just a stupid-fun game you might play for abit if you like to mess around tho)

This thread will prolly help us too knowing good coop games we havent played lol.

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 1

The most conflict-free gaming I've done with my GF was House of the Dead Overkill on the Wii. We haven't tried the ps3 version since I've only got one move controller & dunno if it's worth setting up the guncon 4 as well when I don't know if it'll work with it & the amount of cables are so excessive. Any of the Sengoku Basara games are great, split screen coop is a lot of fun in those. Tons of them out there for importers & even one in english.

Edited by readytofuky

Coop is the key!

Me and my wife play a lot of Pang Adventures, left, right, shoot, easy to control. Cute graphics and the whole of tour mode you just select each level one by one, no fear of losing progress, needing to save etc.

Another good one if you can get it in your region is Puyo Puyo Tetris, you can play VS, coop against 1 or 2 CPU opponents. Me and my wife have been playing these two games for a long while now. Puyo Puyo Tetris for nearly 2 years.