I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

• 3 months later...

Its a shame they never did/will do a Drakes Collection 2 with Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy as the second collection that features the SP only. I'd happily pay £30-40 for that bad boy. 

Currently going through the trilogy and its an incredible series, and thankfully not of the horrid MP requirements. I just hate MP gaming, and even got the original 100% on Uncharted 2 back on PS3, but wow did it destroy the game fun that the SP gave, 

As it stands I will probably just try to borrow the 4th game just to experience the story on an alternate account. 

But I agree with others on what a completionist resembles. Its not about just getting 100%, its about going for it on any game you attempt. But its easy to label yourself as one. Even I call myself a completionist incorrectly, but the truth is I just happen to have a profile in which I aim to get 100% on a particular set of games I am willing to go for. If I know I cannot do it due to skill or the game having MP requirements, I will just play it on my alt account. Sucks that games have MP trophies lol, but thats the way it is. Never hold of playing a video game just because you think you can't 100% it though. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 2

I actually got those two trophies not long ago and tbh, it was nowhere near as hard as I thought and the people here made it sound.

Get to lvl 50, your weapons to at least lvl 3+, have a good team and at least 1 of you to know the exploits for later levels. 

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 5:07 AM, GunnerZeus said:

Lol what a sad way to play games. Too scared to start a game on main account because a trophy is too hard. 

No idiot boy. 

Difficult trophies are the best single player trophies you can ask for as they offer the best challenge, even better if the game is actually good. 

But I do refuse to play online gaming. Too many kids, and more repetitive than a dog s**t job. Must be your cup o' tea huh? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

No idiot boy. 

Difficult trophies are the best single player trophies you can ask for as they offer the best challenge, even better if the game is actually good. 

But I do refuse to play online gaming. Too many kids, and more repetitive than a dog s**t job. Must be your cup o' tea huh? 

If you’re not too scared to put certain single player games on your profile because of difficulty trophies then why not try Wolfenstein II? I noticed you have the New Order and the Old Blood already on your profile. 

But to the point of this thread. No the Uncharted 4 Survival trophies aren’t too bad. You do need to be high-level and grind out stronger guns but with good teamwork anyone can accomplish it. 

• Like 4

If you are avoiding this game because you might get stuck at 96% instead of 100%, I feel bad for you because of your gaming habits.  Everything except 2 trophies is pretty straight-forward.

Just play the game already - and thank me later

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Highly recommend playing this game. It's fantastic, it's fun and it's not too hard but a good challenge though. Also don't worry about the online dlc trophies. Yes they seem hard but there is a community out there that will help you getting those trophies. The guys I played with were gods in this game, the blew my mind! It was just crazy how they nailed down the enemies and bosses. 

Edited by Solid-Fisch

To be brutally honest with you, I enjoyed the game a lot and the story was incredibly good. The Survival mode I admit was a challenge and I did a long time after the DLC dropped. It's doable and the game is not unobtainable so there is no rush in completing it. I see you have 1,2,3 and Lost Legacy so you seem to be familiar with the concept. Don't worry about your 100% completion, just play the game, enjoy it and don't think too hard about the Survival. It's a grind, but it's a great game to have 100% :-)

• 6 months later...

I guess the OP never went for it in the end..

I’ll be attempting this after I’ve made my way through the remastered trilogy. Thanks to those that have linked video guides and mentioned communities, they’ll be very helpful. New to Uncharted and looking forward to it!

6 hours ago, Eqill5 said:

I’ll be attempting this after I’ve made my way through the remastered trilogy. Thanks to those that have linked video guides and mentioned communities, they’ll be very helpful. New to Uncharted and looking forward to it!

Same for me, though I dread what the survival shit will be like because I am already tired of playing this game despite not even being done with the first run on crushing. I like the story, but damn me if they haven't somehow made the gameplay worse than even UC3. At this rate I am almost tempted to just play on easy and then blitz through crushing with tweaks if I have to put up with the supposedly atrocious survival maps as well. Something tells me I would have been better off just watching a let's play of the series, massively overrated and these trophy lists deserve a kick in the face of the dev responsible?

• Like 1

For this series it most definitely is. Can't recall how many times I wanted to throw the controller into the tv during brutal difficulty playthroughs on UC1-3, absolutely atrocious experience, the base game trophies are not nearly as bad in UC1-3, and it seems to be the same for UC4 if I look at some of the replies of this thread, and how rare the survival trophies are.

On 2018-08-18 at 1:35 AM, Spaz said:

That is nothing compared to what you have to do with Uncharted 3 on the PS3.

Over 200+ hours of boosting, which may possibly take months depending on how good your fellow boosters are.

No thanks.

Boosting uncharted multiplayer is the worst idea I never heard.

You have to take your time and play for fun. Find friends and stick together. When you find a very good player, add him and let him show you how to play. Play some team death match, plunder, coop adventure and you’ll see you will enjoy a lot this game. That’s a beauty of multiplayer. 

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

For this series it most definitely is. Can't recall how many times I wanted to throw the controller into the tv during brutal difficulty playthroughs on UC1-3, absolutely atrocious experience, the base game trophies are not nearly as bad in UC1-3, and it seems to be the same for UC4 if I look at some of the replies of this thread, and how rare the survival trophies are.

Actuallly survival and coop adventure in UC2 multiplayer was really harder than UC4, in my opinion. But after some times and with good teammates, it was doable and really fun.

I think the trophies in UC4 bare rare because people are afraid, or don’t want to work hard enough. Look I work 12h a day in 4 days, found friends and we beat the 30 stars. It’s pretty easy in fact. Just have to work your ass off

Hi people i go to the 100% i begin the dlc.

Have a question i see there are a exp plus with 300 gold coins  i want to buy because rest time of the dlc.

But i see a update of this to get more 

How do I get it??

Unlock in level -1.

Whath it this??

On 5/5/2020 at 0:40 AM, Eqill5 said:

I guess the OP never went for it in the end..

Lord help you. The survival on the game is as unfar as it gets. Uness you're willing to rop real life $$$ on it and spend time grinding your weapons, forget about the 100%.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, bunshing said:

Actuallly survival and coop adventure in UC2 multiplayer was really harder than UC4, in my opinion. But after some times and with good teammates, it was doable and really fun.

I think the trophies in UC4 bare rare because people are afraid, or don’t want to work hard enough. Look I work 12h a day in 4 days, found friends and we beat the 30 stars. It’s pretty easy in fact. Just have to work your ass off

I don't know if you're trolling or nah. I managed to do most of the Crushing maps with mates myself too, but there are a few levels which are just beyond broken though.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Lord help you. The survival on the game is as unfar as it gets. Uness you're willing to rop real life $$$ on it and spend time grinding your weapons, forget about the 100%.

I don't know if you're trolling or nah. I managed to do most of the Crushing maps with mates myself too, but there are a few levels which are just beyond broken though.

I’m not trolling (can’t see why you had this illsion). You can see in my stats that I got the 100% in UC4 in only a week. 

I had a lot of experience in both multiplayer, and in my opinion UC2 was harder (even if it’s easy in fact). I will let you know why : in UC4, you can stand at a spot and just shoot. You have booster and mystical weapons. You can buy ammos anytime you want. Furthermore, if hunters grab you, you can get away by yourself!!

in UC2? You had nothing. You had to take your time. If your teammates were down and you were at the other side of the map, it was practically over.

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bunshing said:

I’m not trolling (can’t see why you had this illsion). You can see in my stats that I got the 100% in UC4 in only a week. 

I had a lot of experience in both multiplayer, and in my opinion UC2 was harder (even if it’s easy in fact). I will let you know why : in UC4, you can stand at a spot and just shoot. You have booster and mystical weapons. You can buy ammos anytime you want. Furthermore, if hunters grab you, you can get away by yourself!!

in UC2? You had nothing. You had to take your time. If your teammates were down and you were at the other side of the map, it was practically over.

Yeah. I checked out your profile... Insane time. Congrats.

Easier? I thought in order of difficulty it went UC2, UC3 then UC4. Ended up having to get a speedrunner to help me and a friend out with it because we couldn't beat a couple of Stages with 3 stars.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 2