TellTale Closure Update

PSXtreme_

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Usually doesn’t happen.

that's not good :( hopefully they don't delist the complete series i'm still missing that for ps4.

edit: it's gone but not forgotten. available in physical form.

edit 2: think i'm completely safe, walking dead season 3 is also in physical form.

Edited by lordguwa

17 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

that's not good :( hopefully they don't delist the complete series i'm still missing that for ps4.

edit: it's gone but not forgotten. available in physical form.

Yeah, but even so, been hearing season passes aren’t working now.

I just purchased TWD: The Final Season,and TWD: Season 2 (PSVita),

downloaded and installed ALL episodes.

They were the only 2 games left which I needed and had been on my

PSN store wishlist for a good number of months.

So, best for me to be safe now than sorry later.

What does this mean for those season pass discs, where the disc was just a physical copy of a season pass?  Think there will still be a download page like there is for delisted games you already own and can therefore redownload, or are you just SOL on those?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

What does this mean for those season pass discs, where the disc was just a physical copy of a season pass?  Think there will still be a download page like there is for delisted games you already own and can therefore redownload, or are you just SOL on those?

I was wondering that to, I have pretty much every Telltale game avaible on Disc in my collection, mostly season pass disks.

i'm sure we'll still be able to get them. can still download just can't buy em (except under those rare circumstances).

unless those episodes happen to be locked behind DLC voucher.

Edited by lordguwa

I recently bought a physical copy of minecraft story mode and it seems you can still download the episodes from the store if you have the disc. Digitallly they are unavailable to download but with the disc it sends you to a page where you can download the missing episodes.

My only concern is if i should download the walking dead series now because theyre owned by skybound games so they might stay on the ps store and theyre quite expensive to buy all in one go.

But if they do get delisted im screwed because i kinda want them digital.

4 hours ago, blake__306 said:

Just downloaded The Walking Dead: A New Frontier and am tempted to download the final season just in case. 

The final season is fine. It was relaunched as a Skybound game, so that one won’t leave the store. 

Wouldnt be surprised if someone swoops in and gains gains the rights to resist them all as a buyout for the lawyers. 

Regarding those asking about season disks, you’ll always be able to download the extra episodes as it doesn’t download them from the store as new purchases, the disc has a license for them so picking ‘download’ just goes to a hidden download for the episodes.  

• Like 4

The EU PSN was behaving strangely last night, it looks like it's already happening on the EU store based on this:

• I could access the game page of all of the Telltale titles available on PS4, but there was no option to either download the ones I owned, or buy the ones I didn't.
  • I went into my library to download the ones i'd bought but hadn't started yet:
    • The Wolf Among Us & Tales from the Borderlands was downloadable.
    • The Walking Dead collection had the download button, when i pressed it, it took me to a download list for each individual episode of Tales from the Borderlands.

I'm gonna have a look again tonight, because it could just be the store dying as loads of people are rushing to buy and download the titles in response to the news.

8 hours ago, turniplord said:

The final season is fine. It was relaunched as a Skybound game, so that one won’t leave the store. 

Wouldnt be surprised if someone swoops in and gains gains the rights to resist them all as a buyout for the lawyers. 

Regarding those asking about season disks, you’ll always be able to download the extra episodes as it doesn’t download them from the store as new purchases, the disc has a license for them so picking ‘download’ just goes to a hidden download for the episodes.  

Thanks for the heads up. Good to know I don't have to rush to get it. I'll maybe just download The Wolf Among Us on PS4 and I'll be set. 

16 hours ago, blake__306 said:

I hope we get a bit of a warning if they're getting delisted from PSN. 

I would consider this a warning. Their delisting is inevitable and all the signs are there that it will happen sooner rather then later. They are a defunct company that sold licensed games.

From my own experience there are already some differences between GER and US PSN store:

- In the GER store I can still see and buy some PS3 Telltale games like Strong Bad, Puzzle Agent and both Sam & Max games.

- In the US store I can't find those games.

Also I found out when searching in the GER store...

- I can download episide 1 of Minecraft Story Mode season 1 and 2 but the download links for the other episodes have no target anymore >> You just get a message like saying content is gone.

- Game of Thrones seems removed, too >> You can find episode 2 and onwards but episode 1 is delisted. This way it can't be bought anymore.

==> Perhaps this is true for US and other stores also?

I also have some good news for PS4 Discs:

- The Wolf Among Us, Tales of the Borderlands, Walking Dead Season 1 and 2, also Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 Disc which has 3 bonus episodes included are complete and need no extra download.

- Batman Season 1, Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and The Walking Dead Season 3 content can still be downloaded.

- The Walking Dead Collection can still download stuff.

- The Walking Dead Final Season episode 4 can be downloaded.

Conclusion:

- Yes, games are delisted on PSN (Perhaps more will follow).

- Season Pass Discs really seem to have their own licenses, also download still works.

- I would consider The Walking Dead Final Season rescued (Thank you Skybound for finishing it!).

What I would do to secure the last Telltale games I like to play:

- Start digging on Amazon and such sides on the web.

- Visit stores which resell used games (like Gamestop).

Also you could buy some USB harddrives to store the downloaded Telltale games to be secure just in case.

On 24.5.2019 at 10:37 AM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

So game of thrones episode 1 has gone, I can’t install the other episodes I needed to complete it without episode 1! Shit

@Gefro-On-Defro I would say you can't complete the game or even play it because episode 1 is also the game launcher.

Or you prove this to be false. I am interested :).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Might have to go do  a telltale platinum spree just to be safe before getting into a few backlog games.. 

Me too brother, as soon as I'm done with Friday the 13th, I'll be getting on top of it before more shit hits the fan.

I bought all telltale digital only games now (licensed or not).

If all this stuff gets delisted tommorow, I would love to hear if downloading on disc is still a possibility!

If so I can go and buy some physical copies of the "not all included on the disc" games.

[now I hope they aren't going to do a sudden 'garage sale']

Well time to download the rest i haven't done on PS4 and to buy both walking dead Michonne lists whilst they still available, it would be nice if they had one last sale for all the telltale games

6 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I bought all telltale digital only games now (licensed or not).

If all this stuff gets delisted tommorow, I would love to hear if downloading on disc is still a possibility!

If so I can go and buy some physical copies of the "not all included on the disc" games.

[now I hope they aren't going to do a sudden 'garage sale']

Which ones are digital only?

On 5/24/2019 at 0:56 AM, themindisacity said:

While you never know, I think it will be OK. De-listed games from PS3 can still be downloaded if you have the license.