What is the most effort you've put into a single trophy only to not earn it?

I am about to try for this trophy, which is game spanning for the third time and I want to know your stories of putting in a ton of effort or time into a trophy only to not succeed.

46S36341b.png I'LL BE BACK
Connor died and returned at every opportunity before reaching the end

20.14%
Uncommon
Silver

The first time I attempted this trophy was without a guide. Not the best idea I know but I thought how hard can it be? I had already earned the rest of the trophies over several runs and felt like I knew the game inside out. Well, I failed mid way through the run so that answers that question. Not a big deal I thought, there is a walkthrough after all on this site so I loaded my original run from the end of the first chapter where Connor fell off the building and followed it step by excruciating step to the end. It didn't pop, presumably because you have to do it on a clean save so I deleted the game at 97% and haven't touched it since last year.

• Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5613-space-overlords/6-overdrive-overlord

Terrible game, terrible trophy. Requires about 30 hours of grinding, where you spend ~28 hours looking at loading screen. My save has been deleted when I was around 200/250k.

Albeit not so painful because I do it at work. It requires no skill, just selecting "restart" from menu over and over.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5304-mafia-iii/65-danger-close

Shorter, but more painful for me. The only trophy that was bugged for me. I've wasted about 10 hours replaying the game/reverting save from USB to try different approach with no luck.

• Like 2

Without a doubt it's this trophy from Persona 4: Arena Ultimax:

y0iHWLq.png

I'm a total noob when it comes to fighting games; I can count the number of times I've played one on a single hand. It's just not a genre I typically enjoy. So why did I get this game then? Because it's Persona of course! :P Somehow I managed to earn every other trophy in the base list except this one which is honestly quite impressive for me considering my low skill level. I remember attempting this trophy for hours a day, every day, for at least a couple of weeks. I got into 20's with Margaret, Shadow Labrys, and Marie's challenges I believe, but I just couldn't pull off those last few challenges with any of them no matter how hard I tried. I just really sucked at pulling off the "rolling" motion you need to do on the d-pad - I couldn't do it consistently at all.

Despite wasting all this time attempting a trophy I never got, I don't actually feel that bad about it. I gave it a damn good try. :)

• Like 4

68S4d43a4.png

...It
Earn three stars on all Survival stages on the Crushing setting

I was playing through all of the levels, grinding out my weapons to level 5 so that I would be strong enough to take on Crushing in Survival Mode. It started to get a little dry for me, and my schedule got busier, so I ended up dropping it. I'm sure I'll go back when I get in the mood to play Uncharted 4 again.

• Like 2

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3833-super-time-force-ultra/31-decked-out

I was almost done with this game’s trophy list and I just had to give up on this platinum, because of this trophy. I gave up midway through the HellaDeck levels. They were becoming too hard and too frustrating.

This was a pretty rare situation, for me. Usually, I keep trying and I end up with the trophy I want.

There are many I'm sure but most recently are the trophies for killing bounties for each district and playing each stage on hard for the Division 2. All was well til I finished the final mission with a team to make the game faster and thanks to me not paying attention one of my team mates activated the cutscene rather than staying put when completing the final mission. This put me behind so far because I had to fight through tiers to open the stages on hard and I basically played the game almost entirely to tier 5 just so I can get the last few trophies. Psh.

Of all of them the Bloody Palace trophies from DMC2 and DMC4 are the top contenders for me and they both feel like hitting your head against the wall for different reasons. In DMC4's case the constant annoying enemies they throw at you just turn playing the game into a big chore, whereas DMC2 was already a big chore but at least people outside of North America can use cheats to get it done in 30 or so minutes.

The Lost Child, it's a niche JRPG dungeon crawler without the sex appeal so barely anyone played it. You have to clear a 100 floor dungeon with some puzzles that are absurdly complicated to solve and since it's super-niche there's almost no help online. Got stuck on floor 68 I believe for something that felt really obvious but it wouldn't unlock. That plus at the time two trophies were glitched and coudn't be obtained on non-Japanese versions of the game so I just gave up. Stuck at 69% so if you find that funny then haha, nice.

• Like 1

Kentinator's Challenge in Action Henk. Love the game. I made it through the majority of the levels until I got to this stage. I can't even make it over the first jump consistently, let alone beat the guy. I once made it over halfway through the level only to realize I have no fucking idea how to make it around the looping track without losing all of my momentum. It's a shame, but I gave up on that game. I wanted to at least finish all the levels; I knew I was never going to get rainbow medals. Just getting bronze on everything would have sufficed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Unfortunately I don't have any way to open up the pkg to try and disect the PS4 version.

Is there any way to do that? I just checked out the forums for that game and am super impressed by your dedication to this game.

To answer the question of the thread though, I'm going to echo above and say 100% for Yakuza 0. I can't fucking figure out mahjong. I've watched a ton of videos on how to play it, and I'm just complete dogshit and have no idea what I'm doing despite understanding the rules. I've never even won a hand despite playing dozens of them, and it's so frustrating.

Mirror’s Edge: Chapter 2 speedrun.

I think I spent almost a solid week trying to do it (that’s weak compared to trophies I’ve grinded for since, but I wasn’t a big trophy hunter then). It made me so pissed off that I never went back to the game, and it’s why I don’t think I’d have the patience for something like Wolfenstein II where all your effort might be for nothing. I also never attempted the other levels cause I wanted to do them in order.

• Like 4

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2333-drakengard-3/6-ending-d

Don't let that rarity fool you or listen to anyone who says they got it without the outside video(s) lol. I spent weeks trying to get this and half the time spent was mainly just trying to get the outside video to sync with the fucking game. I haven't gone back to this game since I last tried it almost 4 years ago.

Nice little runner up is this bastard.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3559-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition/65-the-hunt-is-my-mistress

53Le82de2.png

Surgical Precision 
Perform a perfect combo in Ken's Clinic for all songs.

Just... no. I can't do this shitty trophy. Tried more than a week and I just gave up out of frustration. Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise is one awesome game that I will never platinum just because of rhythm games. Not only you need " surgical precision" for this shitty ass trophy, when you get past a certain point the screen starts to flash and try to give you some sort of weirdass epilepsy. 

Here's a gameplay sample :

Whoever did this trophy , you are my hero. Rhythm games are my worst enemy in any videogame ever.

• Like 3