Ps Plus October  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Rate October 2023's PS+ lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• The Callisto Protocol
    • Farming Simulator 22
    • Weird West

what a great lineup makes me really shit myself with excitement. This really justifies the price increase. 

Joke aside this seems weak so far, they could easily give out better games like RE2 remake or even give out Martha is Dead or something on them lines or even another of the dark pictures anthology games for free. this is pitiful. 

• Like 1

Well, Callisto is a pretty good game but the 100% is a bitch. I think most of the negative opinions come from being forced to play over and over on hard difficulties that make you have to melee everything, which is very repetitive and boring. Of course, it's a game I'm interested in so I've already bought and played it.

I don't and will never give a flying fuck about farm simulator, so that can suck it. 

I doubt the third game will be good just based on Plus' track record. 

13 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Can I assume that your guide has been updated? :D

The old guide is still up, the guide I linked though is my new updated guide.

The text guide is all updated as well ;).

Most the collectibles have moved a few seconds from their original spot, though a few are in quite different places and could easily be missed

• Like 4

Pretty fitting to offer up a horror game in October, eh? The Callisto Protocol certainly isn't my cup of tea, and I have heard mixed things about it, but it doesn't seem like an outright bad game from what I've seen, just a flawed one, and it's a perfect fit for a Plus freebie. Maybe my sister would play it, because she likes horror games.

Farming Simulator 22... eh. It'll appeal to a specific subset of members, but it's definitely not a crowd pleaser. Looking forward to see what the third game is.

I'll probably check out both of these at some point, and at least it's actually a somewhat spooky lineup, unlike last year's. I played Farming Sim 15 years ago and while it wasn't exactly gripping gameplay it was a nice one to chill out to, and I'm guessing a lot more features have been added since then.

25 minutes ago, ZanFear said:

I’m hoping the third game is Miles Morales.

No way in hell.

The digital release of Across the Spider-Verse and the anticipation of Spider-Man 2 drives the game's sales up.

They've even put the game on sale on the PS Store to take advantage of the Spidey craze.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

Calisto Medicore? As if anyone in the business could make something better than Capcom. Why make new survival horror games when none of them can beat Capcom remakes of games made 20 years ago?

Good luck with that god awful trophy list. 

I won't even comment on the second game. Do i look like a german to you? I'm farming 100 000 kills in Gears 5 for few years already. Give me a break. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Why is it that over the past 2 years I've only ever seen one (or was it two?) PSVR games offered (The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners and I think The Persistence)? I understand that the VR community isn't the largest but the community DOES exist so what the hell, Sony, how about throwing some VR titles our way for a change! Anyway, another month's worth of "free" games I'll never download. Totally worth the price hike. 

2 hours ago, Maxine said:

For real, us PSVR & PSVR 2 owners get left behind too easily. 

You got me curious so I compiled all the VR games (or games with VR modes) they have given away in the monthly games. Putting it in the spoiler below but the last time they gave a VR1 game was in November 2021. No VR2 games so far.

Spoiler

• RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
  • Bound
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

• Starblood Arena
  • TrackMania Turbo
  • Here They Lie

• WipEout Omega Collection

• Firewall: Zero Hour
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Concrete Genie
  • Farpoint
  • Star Wars: Squadrons
  • The Persistence
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
  • Until You Fall

And then they also gave out some VR1 games for free in 2021 with the play at home promotion. No plus required:

Spoiler

Play at Home 2021

• Rez Infinite
  • Moss
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  • Paper Beast
  • Thumper

So a pretty sad output overall aside from 2021.

• Like 1

Only two games but not three. The only game I would play is Callisto Protocol, which is by Krafton (originally Bluehole Stuidos), a company that developed the MMORPG game, TERA. And as for Farming Simulator, I'm not the biggest fan of farming games in general so it's a big pass.