Most Recent Platinum

Muff

On 3/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, madbuk said:

#246 - The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

1L000c38.png

This game definitely shows its age. A lot of slowdown and some very ugly textures may end up ruining this for certain people, but I could put up with that. The controls are also archaic, tank controls on a PS3 game? Why? It controls perfectly fine in first person but god help you if you try and do this entirely in third person. I did really like the story. Of the three Sherlock Holmes games I've played, this Sherlock felt the most arrogant, but that aided the plot and made him more unique than the other two, keeping the story fresh and unpredictable. It felt like it slogged towards the end, especially in the funfair chapter I just wanted to see what happened next in the story instead of running around trying to find an interactable object to progress with. I did end up resorting to a guide at points, mainly in the last two areas or so because the puzzles started getting too hard for someone as dumb as me. This was definitely worth playing but I do wish I hadn't played the two newest entries before it, because that probably hindered my enjoyment a little. The other games were good at pointing you in the right direction if you need it without outright giving you the solution, in this game you get no help.

This game isn’t even that old, but I felt it wasn’t half bad. 

The case where you discover an Ice Dagger killed the victim was pretty clever. Some sections of the game were unnecessary, such as Sherlock and Watson working together to pull a bunch of levers to obtain a certain item. 

I see Sherlock Holmes as a poor mans LA Noire but it doesn’t stray away from the detective crime solving it should be. 

Crimes and Punishments in my opinion was a much better game than The Devils Daughter. That was a shitshow of poorly made QTEs and focused on a whiny illegitimate daughter, of which you have to take down a woman with a dark past. 

Point and clicks at their core are supposed to make you think and solve puzzles, but 99 percent of everybody just uses a guide to bypass the puzzles anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This game isn’t even that old, but I felt it wasn’t half bad. 

The case where you discover an Ice Dagger killed the victim was pretty clever. Some sections of the game were unnecessary, such as Sherlock and Watson working together to pull a bunch of levers to obtain a certain item. 

I see Sherlock Holmes as a poor mans LA Noire but it doesn’t stray away from the detective crime solving it should be. 

Crimes and Punishments in my opinion was a much better game than The Devils Daughter. That was a shitshow of poorly made QTEs and focused on a whiny illegitimate daughter, of which you have to take down a woman with a dark past. 

Point and clicks at their core are supposed to make you think and solve puzzles, but 99 percent of everybody just uses a guide to bypass the puzzles anyway.

I think you're thinking of the wrong game, the lever puzzle was Devil's Daughter and the ice dagger... was Crimes & Punishments I think? This game wasnt split up into cases like the others :P

• Like 1

Just now, madbuk said:

I think you're thinking of the wrong game, the lever puzzle was Devil's Daughter and the ice dagger... was Crimes & Punishments I think? This game wasnt split up into cases like the others :P

Both games are one story arc that is split up by going after potential suspects and looking at evidence. 

Devils Daughter was easy because you can outright skip the puzzles. Crimes and Punishments forced you to solve puzzles or else you were locked out of a trophy. 

Seems that Frogwares feels they have to change up a bunch of things with every game. I got the Testament of Sherlock Holmes via rental but I hear that game has bugs and glitches that are rather annoying.

#16 - Dungeon Punks (PS4/Vita)

1L3de625.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 3/10

Well, I needed a game where I needed to smash everything that was in front of me, and Dungeon Punks is a cool game for that, especially on the Vita. Had to do 2.5 playtroughs to get all the trophies needed. A really basic game and mediocre one to be honext, but can be addicting, just by going trough the pleasure of spamming attacks and spells and kill lots of different creatures. The characters I used the most were the Viking and the Hierophant. The game is very linear and simple and a little grindy. Basically when you get to a new map you get crushed almost immediatly, meaning you have to grind and farm weapons so you can one-shot the map and defeat the boss to proceed. Of course, I would never have bought this game, but since it was a PS Plus freebie, why not?

• Like 4