2: (4172) Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star

3: (7533) Devious Dungeon

4: (5564) Demetrios

5: (8115) Jack n Jill DX

6: (4976) South Park The Stick of Truth

7: (6487) Undertale 

8: (2348) Broken Sword 5 Ep 1

9:

I have managed to get two games completed today before the deadline, 7 and 8. The last might not make it. I am just over halfway done with the puzzles in word searches to get it completed. To be done in just under nine hours may be a stretch too much. If not then it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by kingofbattle8174

Happy New Year everyone! Finished #6 just before midnight hit in my time zone.

0 - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory [7030]

1 - Word Sudoku by POWGI (Vita) [8371]

2 - XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3) [3762]

3 - Doodle God (Vita) [2043]

5 - Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version [3685]

6 - Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight [8506]

7 - Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight [8507]

8 - MUSYNX (Vita) [7788]

9 - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) [1699]

I guess I have 2 hours left (approximately) so let's see if I can find one that I can finish within that timeframe.

• Like 2

By the very, very, VERY skin of my teeth, I did it! Steins;Gate is all done, with 40 minutes to spare. The credits were rolling for the true ending as midnight crossed for my time zone.

0) AER: Memories of Old (NA) [6840]

1) Watch_Dogs (PS4) [2621]

2) Late Shift [6042]
3) Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) [2163]
4) Kholat [4414]

5) Steins;Gate (NA) (PS3) [3775]

6) Virginia [5316]

7) Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (NA) [6447]

8) The Bunker [5308]

9) The Last of Us (PS3) [1989]

This was a fun challenge. Thanks for putting it up! :D

• Like 4

Final Update:

0 - Burly Men at Sea (6490) :platinum:

1 - God of War (241) :platinum:

2 - Back to the Future - Episode 1: It's About Time (772) ✅

3 - Valiant Hearts: The Great War (2663) ✅

4 - Grow Home (3834) 2705.png

5 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (175) :platinum:

6 - Resident Evil 7 (5776) :platinum:

7 - Another World (2677) ✅

8 - Sleeping Dogs (1558) :platinum:

9 - Astro Tripper (49) ✅

Managed to finish all of the numbers just before the deadline. This event was a lot of fun and happy New Year to everyone!

• Like 3

So, I was totally planning on doing an update this morning, but woke up to a dead laptop. Took it apart to see what was wrong, and the part that takes the charger cable was hanging on by a tiny little wire (out of maybe 10 wires), which broke off as soon as I removed the piece. So my laptop literally can't get power. Yay!

Not even going to bother trying to repair that myself as last time I tried to repair a laptop's power supply, it literally caught on fire ? :giggle:

Regardless, updating on my phone is a pain, so I'm going to see how it goes on my tablet... if it manages no better than my phone, I'll pull my ancient desktop computer out of storage later today xD

Please sync your games if you haven't done so already!

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

So, I was totally planning on doing an update this morning, but woke up to a dead laptop. Took it apart to see what was wrong, and the part that takes the charger cable was hanging on by a tiny little wire (out of maybe 10 wires), which broke off as soon as I removed the piece. So my laptop literally can't get power. Yay!

Not even going to bother trying to repair that myself as last time I tried to repair a laptop's power supply, it literally caught on fire 1f525.png :giggle:

Regardless, updating on my phone is a pain, so I'm going to see how it goes on my tablet... if it manages no better than my phone, I'll pull my ancient desktop computer out of storage later today xD

I just hope the repairs for your laptop don't take as long as they did for mine, but definitely good to avoid fires.  Over two months of waiting on the warranty service to be finished.  Seemed like a power issue, turned out to be a bad motherboard.  In a computer that is currently almost 4 months old and spent more of that being repaired than actually used.  I've only been able to actually use it a month now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Not even going to bother trying to repair that myself as last time I tried to repair a laptop's power supply, it literally caught on fire 1f525.png :giggle:

That's not exactly the best way to start the year... 

And Happy New Year to everyone! 

8 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I just hope the repairs for your laptop don't take as long as they did for mine, but definitely good to avoid fires.  Over two months of waiting on the warranty service to be finished.  Seemed like a power issue, turned out to be a bad motherboard.  In a computer that is currently almost 4 months old and spent more of that being repaired than actually used.  I've only been able to actually use it a month now.

I'm actually opting to replace rather than repair. It would be an inexpensive repair if I did it myself (about $25 for the part), but who knows what a repair shop would charge... and I'm not messing with repairing that part of a laptop ever again haha. But the laptop is also like 3-4 years old... not under any warranty I know about, and I probably voided the warranty when I opened it up myself :giggle: 

It's definitely not end-of-life, but there's been enough advances in laptop tech from my understanding that I can justify getting a new one.

Sucks that yours spent so long in a repair shop... I find that dealing with warranties makes everything take 4x as long...

Edited by eigen-space

Just now, eigen-space said:

I'm actually opting to replace rather than repair. It would be an inexpensive repair if I did it myself (about $25 for the part), but who knows what a repair shop would charge... and I'm not messing with repairing that part of a laptop ever again haha. But the laptop is also like 3-4 years old... not under any warranty I know about, and I probably voided the warranty when I opened it up myself :giggle: 

It's definitely not end-of-life, but there's been enough advances in laptop tech from my understanding that I can justify getting a new one.

Depends on the repair shop, from my experience about $75-$100 per hour of work they need to put into it.  But if you can afford a new one, then a replacement isn't a bad idea since 3--4 years is pretty old for a laptop.  My old one is over 5 years old and definitely is showing it since the hinge is going out again and the keyboard is nearly dead too.

My current one went out three weeks after I bought it.  So yeah, had to get it fixed from the warranty, especially when motherboard replacement out of pocket would be about the cost of a new laptop anyhow.  My issue was them taking over two months to fix that.  I'll give a heads up to avoid MSI because I've never had worse warranty support for a computer than what they gave me.  Next time I get a laptop I'll be going with ASUS or Sager.

Just now, ladynadiad said:

I'll give a heads up to avoid MSI because I've never had worse warranty support for a computer than what they gave me.  Next time I get a laptop I'll be going with ASUS or Sager.

Never even heard of MSI or Sager haha

The one that just died was ASUS, and the cause of its demise is definitely on me and not the laptop itself (my dog knocked it off the bed onto a tile floor several months ago and it cracked the area around where the charger cable plugs in, making it very vulnerable to what eventually happened). I liked this laptop overall... no issues with it otherwise.

Just now, eigen-space said:

Never even heard of MSI or Sager haha

The one that just died was ASUS, and the cause of its demise is definitely on me and not the laptop itself (my dog knocked it off the bed onto a tile floor several months ago and it cracked the area around where the charger cable plugs in, making it very vulnerable to what eventually happened). I liked this laptop overall... no issues with it otherwise.

MSI is a brand of gaming laptops, and typically you're going to find them online, but I have seen them in stores before.  Sager is a brand of custom built laptops, so you'll only find those online.  My last laptop that lasted for 5 years is a Sager.  They are brands you'll only see in gaming laptops, so you're looking at a price range of $700 minimum, but more like $1000+ for a good one.  I paid just over $1100 for my current one.

Now I'll say my current laptop runs great, when it's actually worked.  All my games run smooth and it takes next to no time to restart.  If you can afford it, definitely consider getting a model with a SSD because you'll see a huge difference in how well it runs.

• Like 1

My game numbers are correct on the spreadsheet ^_^

Thanks for running an awesome event @eigen-space :D  It was extremely well organized and I can definitely appreciate the use of a spreadsheet to track what everyone has done.  Really looking forward to seeing the badges, thank you @BigHonkingOne for the time and effort it takes to create them

• Like 2