PS+ November 2019

DEI2EK

Been hoping for Nioh since late last year during those "leaks". Back then I really doubted it, seeing a discount store Geralt looking guy on the cover quite turned me off.

Gave it a chance from sale around June. Somehow I'm sold since watching the cheesy Koei-style opening movie. 

Platted it late July. Struggled for a few months until I 100% a few weeks ago.

No regret at all it will become free for PS+. I rarely go for 100% after plat so my doubt's been cleared. It became one of my favorite games of current generation. You will have my money, Nioh 2 (along with season pass and whatev). 

1 hour ago, g-bake_1986 said:

And this why, whatever games Sony choose, they’ll never please everyone.

Awesome month, been waiting for Nioh

Yeah, I felt that way when people were bagging on The Last of Us: Remastered and MLB The Show 19.  Two masterful games, universally praised between critics and the gaming community. 

Wow, Nioh is a game I already own completely with all dlc and Outlast 2 is the game that killed my goal to be a completionist due to its atrocious ironman run that has lots of unskippable cutscenes and a ton of rng. Honestly a solid month, but I just seem to be shit out of luck this year with psplus, and for it to be Outlast 2 of all games really makes me feel mocked. Well the month definitely does not do anything for me since I have both games already so, just another month I skip. Also, Outlast was on sale for like 5$ recently, Nioh is also regularly very cheap on sale, so actual game value is kinda low once again even if the games are solid, definitely a noticeable trend this year.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 3

Really great month! 

I already have Nioh and the Complete edition of it so nothing for me there but i'm loving it, such a great game, more people will try it out with this now! And it means Plat rarity to go down too :awesome: 

Outlast 2 i don't have it! It's a game i was always curious about but never actually cared enough to get it so now that i have with the PSPlus maybe i'll play it :) But no hurry, i'm not a big fan of horror with the Camera Type of Visual; still nice to have it in the Backlog :D

Edited by Sora9427

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah, however it feels like poor marketing to some degree as well. It's clear wer're getting Nioh due to the imminent release of Nioh 2, so that there's a boost in sales of the new installmentt. It being co-published by Sony probably facilitates it being part of Plus. I think that series like Atelier would benefit in doing the same. Instead of having a stagnant audience that continuously buys the products, they could opt for putting one of the older games on Plus to potentially increase the market for the series.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation. Although it would be great to know how some publishers thought process is on those things. People keep blaming Sony for the selection of games, when in reality there are more factors behind the hows and whys.

That's exactly what happened with yakuza kiwami, the people who got introduced to the yakuza franchise and loved kiwami will probably buy all the other 6 games.

39 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Wow, Nioh is a game I already own completely with all dlc and Outlast 2 is the game that killed my goal to be a completionist due to its atrocious ironman run that has lots of unskippable cutscenes and a ton of rng. Honestly a solid month, but I just seem to be shit out of luck this year with psplus, and for it to be Outlast 2 of all games really makes me feel mocked. Well the month definitely does not do anything for me since I have both games already so, just another month I skip. Also, Outlast was on sale for like 5$ recently, Nioh is also regularly very cheap on sale, so actual game value is kinda low once again even if the games are solid, definitely a noticeable trend this year.

Darksiders 3 never got below 45 euros before ps+ so that makes it an exception

Great games, Outlast Trinity would have been better, the collection is so cheap around here. Maybe I'll get that too. The bad part is: next month is gonna be bad. I hope I'm wrong.