PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

Definitely WITH a disc drive.

Although I’m absolutely confident the disc-based version will be more expensive...I don’t want to rush a future of no trading/reselling of Blu-ray Disc games, no lending/trading/playback of Blu-ray Disc/DVD movies, sales/deals being nearly non-existent, games are more of a digital ‘lending’ of license ownership...all of these scenarios will eventually come; I just don’t want to hurry that future along.

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Punctuation
  • Like 1

I used to love physical copies of everything, but PS has made it more tedious to be a disc lover in this day and age. For instance, it took me hours to start up FF7R the other day because I had to download the whole game (which I thought the point of physical copies was to not have to do that?!?!?!) and then start it. Combined with disc reading difficulties in the past, I think I'll just save some money and go with the digital. 

2 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

I mean why would you want the console to have LESS features?

It's supposed to be cheaper and I never used disk drive in my PS4 anyway. 50 USD less for something I don't want would be a nice deal. Disk drives are prone to stop functioning properly if not used in a long time anyway. Less things to worry about.

Other than that, the console looks better without the drive and maybe cools a tiny bit better too.

29 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

It's supposed to be cheaper and I never used disk drive in my PS4 anyway. 50 USD less for something I don't want would be a nice deal. Disk drives are prone to stop functioning properly if not used in a long time anyway. Less things to worry about.

Other than that, the console looks better without the drive and maybe cools a tiny bit better too.

30 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

the console looks better without the drive

I NEVER care what a console looks like... I care about the games. There has never been a console that I bought or didn't buy because of what it looked like. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

I will certainly buy the version with disc but only to play the ps4 discs I currently have.  In the future I will buy all games digital because I can see the writing on the wall disc drives will be phased out making us buy older generation consoles if we want to continue to use our old games on disc.  I own most games digital anyways but I always buy the biggest game like  TLOU2 or Ghost from tsushima etc. steel book editions.

Without. 
But i think it's cool that everyone who enjoys physicals is still buying them.

There's no harm done for what people prefer.

Also, I usually buy my digitals once they are on sale so the cost doesn't matter anyway. (Only buy truly wanted games day one and most day ones are the same price as Physical)

Disc definitely.

While my digital library has grown exponentially this generation...I still like the physical media, especially in certain franchise that I have all/most of on disc.. Even if the discs are nothing more than physical unlock keys for digital games these days...it's nice having a collection on my shelf I can look at and touch...it's something that digital gaming will never be able to achieve. 

So, while I won't be getting a PS5 right away, due in large part to money issues...even if the disc version is more expensive, I'll be going with that when the time comes.