February's Playstation Plus games

Abby_TheLastofUs

Wow. Very good month.

Concrete genie is a great game and the vr part is a nice touch. 

Very nearly bought control again after buying it a year ago then selling it without playing it but heard amazing things from it. 

Kudos to remedy to give it including the dlc. Dont they normally release just the base games on plus to make money from the dlc? So fair play to them

• Like 1

Wow, this is maybe one of the first times I have seen universal positive consensus for a PS+ monthly release. I think it really speaks to the strength of this months offerings. I myself looked at Concrete Genie when I got my VR last year and I am glad I held off. Control does look interesting as well. I do not have a PS5 so no destruction fun for me this month which is ok, I have plenty to keep me busy. A report I read asked how would PlayStation respond to Xbox releasing five games for their gold pass but now we know. In 2021, so far PlayStation has really upped its game. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Control...That's one way to dodge the upgrade debacle. Nicely done 1f44d.pngit might be a while but I'll definitely play it again. I can imagine it plays spectacularly well on the 5

I hadn't thought about that, but you are right - it's actually a stroke of genius on 505 / Remedy's part.

They wanted to sell the Ultimate Edition to people who already bought the standard edition, in order to get the PS5 upgrade.

Those consumers thought that was bogus, and they got negative press, fewer sales, grumbling, and I guess less incentives to buy a PS5 ASAP.

Remedy - Unhappy

Consumer - Unhappy

Sony - Unhappy

So the go to Sony, get them to include it in PS+.

Remedy get their money, direct from Sony, Sony gets a bunch of good feeling for their service, as Control Ultimate is a 'big' and well reviewed game. Consumers stop complaining, as they get their upgrade without paying directly.

Remedy - Happy

Consumer - Happy

Sony - Happy

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Great month for me. I played Control back in August from PS Now, so it will be nice to see what improvements they did on PS5. Glad I held off on Concrete Genie when I seen the discounts.

Destruction All-Stars looks like a fun game to play with friends, similar to Rocket League.

Same I played it on PSNow and am very interested on how 60fps will look on ps5 in comparison to my base ps4 experience

Or maybe I'll go Raytracing... There's a lottt of glass in the game and the difference is insane 

But damn I want both 60fps and raytracing. But alas it was never built from the ground up for ps5

Also PSNow didn't have the dlc so I get to play new stuff now! 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Oh neat, Control. I've had my eye on it for a while, but I'm always pretty skeptical of overhyped games like that. I tend to end up disappointed.

It's a fun game for what it is, story is eh, but game play is a lot of fun, it's just... Satisfying 

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Same I played it on PSNow and am very interested on how 60fps will look on ps5 in comparison to my base ps4 experience

Or maybe I'll go Raytracing... There's a lottt of glass in the game and the difference is insane 

But damn I want both 60fps and raytracing. But alas it was never built from the ground up for ps5

Also PSNow didn't have the dlc so I get to play new stuff now! 

I think I'll go with Raytracing as well. I had rush before it got removed from PS Now so kudos to Sony for bringing this to the lineup. We get to finish up the DLC on PS4, switch to PS5 and see the improvements. Pretty nice.

Maybe Remedy can patch 60FPS and Raytracing with a lower resolution, similar to what Insomniac Games did with Spider-Man and Miles Morales.

Missed the part of your post on it not being built from the ground up.

• Performance Mode – Targets 60fps performance with 1440p render resolution and 4K output
  • Graphics Mode – Targets 30fps performance with ray tracing (transparency and reflections) at 1220p render resolution and 4K output
    • NOTE: Only the Performance mode is available on Xbox Series S. It is targeting 60fps with no ray tracing, at 900p render resolution, and 1080p output. This is a limitation of the hardware, not the game.
  • PS5 DualSense Support – Support for vibrations and triggers.
  • PS5 Activities and Help – Cards and videos that help guide you through the game, and keep track of your progress.

Source: TwistedVoxel

Edited by Ghost

Woohoo! This is insane. So a little while ago during Christmas sale i wanted to grab control ultimate edition because it got really cheap. Unfortunately I didn't have any credits left on the psn store and I couldn't get a psn card because nearby stores were closed due to the Covid lockdown 

I thought to myself well it wasn't meant to be. Fast forward now and here we are. :). Guess fate was on my side

• Like 4