PSNP 2022 Year End Awards

Hey I just noticed Dr_Mayus didn't post one this year but these are always fun, so i'm posting this in their honor. Same categories as last year. Minimal edits.

theoffice-michaelscott.gif

:yay:Welcome again to the annual PSNP Awards :yay:

If you don't know what to do..here is the breakdown. For each award pick a game you play/platted this year (it doesn't have to have come out this year). Some will be the best...some the worst but all of it is meant to be fun and a way for us all to remember the games we have played.

For a trip down memory lane check out the previous events.

2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021

xYkGfKI.png

Hey, all those games that have 11 golds, 1 plat and like 6 stacks?...well this is the trophy for that.

gl2oT0D.png

Ahh, the It's Like Dark Souls plat. The game that had you pulling your hair out and cursing the gaming gods.

Which game had you pleading in the Status Updates for just one little thing to go your way?

bs6ooqn.png

Not necessarily a Platinum but a moment in a game where you sat back and said "I'm a Badass"

ZFFpcSC.png

What game had you running around racking up kills? playing through 6 times? Trying to find the one item with a 0.01% drop rate?

What game did you just sink a ton of time into to earn that beautiful :platinum:

CVbanj0.png

This one isn't opinion based...just what game in your backlog took you the longest (in terms of days, months, years) to complete.

9Qcj0Sn.png

This trophy is for the most fun you had playing online. Maybe it wasn't even for trophies.

Was it COD, or Fall Guys or some other game that you sunk hours into playing.

cBvB66k.png

The complete opposite of the last one. Which buggy server, shitty campers, ridiculous online requirements

or complete deserted wasteland did you waste your time playing for that :platinum:

fq0G2lY.png

Which games has the most toe-tapping tunes. The game where the music doesn't drive you nuts while grinding out trophies.

1sBtckq.png

We all have that game that we got from PLUS or off some digital sale. Which game did you just enjoy so much despite barely hearing about it before.

cRmi7oS.png

Usually reserve for some shitty AAA game with too much hype...but could also just be a game in a series you love.

Which game made you regret buying it and wished you could have your money and time back.

u5CcmMD.png

Simply put what is the best trophy image you earned this year.

Normally it would be a Platinum image but maybe there is some bronze trophy you earned that just had great image art.

He3pFwi.png

Here is the award for the lazy developers that cannot figure out that trophy hunters might actually like to look at a nice trophy image.

1mfQCVV.png

Which Female character this year was your favourite to play as?

z8JZgsh.png

Which Male character this year was your favourite to play as?

gnHxJFF.png

This award isn't meant for your favourite game of the year...it is meant for your favourite plat. A favourite plat should be something that was a pure joy to earn.

It is one that you wish had multiple stacks so you could replay it to earn all the trophies again.

REO5sp8.png

This is the opposite. This is the platinum that made you want to quit earning trophies. The one that was just a waste of your time.

Please go nuts and rip that shitty game a new one, you earned it.

M801kl6.png

Which game are you most interested in getting the platinum in 2022. 2023. Go ahead and go nuts with your fantasizing.

Thank you again for participating in this fun event :) Have a great year.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 3

Piece of Cake

Ma5b63c.png

Legends of Talia

The first game I played on PS5, a 32 seconds VN platinum. I wanted to go back to the game and read through the story instead of skipping everything, but I never did so far. Not sure I'll ever do that at this point.

It's like Dark Souls

M6d47bf.png

Elden Ring

I got the platinum twice (PS4/PS5) last year despite not even liking the gameplay all that much.

Bad Ass

M6d47bf.png

Elden Ring

My second playthrough specifically. I had a really strong build and knew a lot more about the game. This was when bosses no longer felt strong and instead lost quite easily.

Grind of the Year

Mc1ef3d.png

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...

Getting all weapon upgrades in NieR Replicant took quite some time. It's not that grindy, but my grindiest game of 2022.

Finally Done

M5f228d.png

There are actually a few games that'd fit the Finally Done category, but I'll take the one that has the longest completion time on my account in 2022. That's Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth with a time of 4 years and 6 months. The game isn't that long, nor is it particularly hard. I just put it on hold and only returned to it last year.

Honorable mentions for Finally Done:

Divinity: Original Sin II (2 years, 1 month)

Ghost of Tsushima (1 year, 7 months)

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (1 year, 3 months)

Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights (10 months, 4 weeks)

King of the Internet

M4e2d25.png

Genshin Impact

I don't want to list it for this, I didn't use the online mode nearly enough for it to fit this category, but it was still better than the other games I played online, so congrats, Genshin, I guess.

Honorable mentions:

Ghost of Tsushima: Legends

I auto popped most trophies on PS5, but had to do some coop missions again as they don't auto pop.

Worst Online Experience

M6d47bf.png

Elden Ring

An open world doesn't work well in online coop, not being able to ride a horse for faster travel between areas and too many areas where the host had to enter alone just to summon me again after 30 seconds to complete a 3 minute dungeon made it the worst online experience in 2022.

Best Music

M29af7f.png

Crystal Defenders

Tower defense with Final Fantasy music.

Honorable mentions:

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...

Sleeper Hit of the Year

M29af7f.png

Crystal Defenders

My first experience with the tower defense genre. I didn't expect much, but I had a good time and am glad I chose to play this game. I wouldn't name this one as GOTY, but it's the game were I expected the least, so it fits.

Biggest Bomb of the Year

No game I played last year was that bad to be named for this category. If I had to name one, it'd be Elden Ring. I didn't like the game as much as I thought I would, but I didn't hate it and got the plat twice, so it doesn't really fit.

Best Trophy Image

1L8da7f0.png

Ghost of Tsushima

Honorable mentions:

Various Elden Ring trophy images

Worst Trophy Image

Nothing comes to mind that I disliked enough for this. No trophy image made me want to claw my eyes out.

Best Female Character

Ys_VIII_-_Dana_Iclucia.png

Dana - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Honorable mentions:

Kuon - Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

Best Male Character

467530.jpg

Haku - Utwararerumono: Mask of Truth

Best Plat of the Year

M2b0152.png

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Wurst Plat ov Teh Yeer

Ma5b63c.png

Legends of Talia

I skipped it for a fast plat, this is less the fault of the game and only my own for the way I played (or rather not played) this game.

Most Anticipated Platinum of 2023

Not sure. I don't actually know all that much about new games this year. I mainly intend to play older games. Once I'm done with the 2022/2023 Winter Backlog Challenge,

I want to make a Final Fantasy year, i. e. mainly playing Final Fantasy games.

So any of these games are likely candidates:

Final Fantasy XIV (PS4 and PS5)

Dissidia NT

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Crisis Core Final Fantasy

Other FF games that I haven't completed yet, check https://psnprofiles.com/series/25-final-fantasy/viech54

There is one new game that I'm somewhat interested in, Hogwarts Legacy

Edited by viech54
  • Like 4

Piece of Cake - Tachyon Project

L30fb2a.png

A colourful, chill, and fun little game.

Badass Award - Fall Guys

L394f76.png

I was racing to get the plat in the original version before it shutdown and switched to the new launcher and I managed to get it!

(now if they'd fix the trophies in the PS5 version that'd be great)

Grind of the Year - Red Faction: Guerilla

L60745a.png

400+ collectibles and no tracker. Painful.

Finally Done - Sly Cooper

La58059.png

11 years, 11 months. I got the trilogy on the PS3 way back when and didn't enjoy it. Went back this year just for the trophies.

King of the Internet - It Takes Two

Lf582d0.png

Had so much fun with this one! Definitely a highlight of my year.

Worst Online Experience - Fall Guys

L394f76.png

It used to be fine but it just started to go downhill this year, the fun seemed to get sucked out of it and bugs and glitches became more common.

Best Music - Beyond: Two Souls

L2d5c7c.png

Lorne Balfe and Hans Zimmer, it's not even a competition. Amazing music.

Sleeper Hit - It Takes Two

Lf582d0.png

I never would have gone near this if a friend didn't want to play it with me and I'm really glad she did. It was really fun to play and had a great story too.

Biggest Bomb - Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

L1a7bbb.png

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I remember enjoying these games when I was younger but the PS4 trilogy annoyed me so much. I don't remember the controls being that clunky. I got some of the easier trophies and called it quits.

Best Trophy Image - Chorus

43M3f46a5.png

Spooky red skull trophy that you get just for dying. I just like it lol.

(Shoutout to Ghost of Tsushima as well, every trophy image looked great)

Worst Trophy Image - Beyond: Two Souls

1M0e9b84.png 44Me974d9.png 42M2ca72e.png 2M99ba45.png

It's just the same image for every trophy with a different colour for plat, gold, silver, and bronze.

Best Female Character - Jodie, Beyond: Two Souls

jodie-holmes-beyond-two-souls-game-wallp 

A really well written and well acted character.

Best Male Character - Atreus, God of War: Ragnarok

_medium.jpeg

From my least favourite character in GOW 2018 to my favourite in Ragnarok. His solo sections got a lot of hate in Ragnarok but I enjoyed them.

Best Plat - Ghost of Tsushima

L137c94.png

I was interested in this game for ages but only played it this year and wow, what a game. Everything about it was amazing. I even enjoyed the multiplayer which I don't usually enjoy.

Worst Plat - InnerSpace

L591c74.png

Nope.

Most Anticipated Plat - Spider-Man 2

622229756897f_o_small.jpg

Spider-Man 2018 and Miles Morales were amazing, I can't wait for the sequel.

• Like 4

Piece of Cake - Destiny 2

L0cd549.png (320×320)

I earned the Platinum for the PS4 version in 2019, and it turns out that the PS5 version autopops - I guess it was just Destiny... 2.

It’s Like Dark Souls - Vampyr

L8da7d6.png (320×176)

Some of the enemies can be tough, but the true boss of this game is its poor performance; a lot of stuttering, frame drops, and crashes. The crashes in particular were almost hourly, and a preventative measure cited online is to turn off/on your console periodically.

Badass Award - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

L0cf211.png (320×176)

2019's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare takes me back to the original MW trilogy, and how much fun I had playing them back in the day. Seeing the return of Captain Price and Task Force 141 alone cinches it this award for me.

Grind of the Year - Lost Judgment

Lb850d4.png (320×320)

Heeeeeeere's Johnny- er, Lost Judgment! Overall, Lost Judgment is less difficult than the first game, but it's grindier, too. In addition to the regular Yakuza-standard Completion List, substories, minigames, etc., there is also a whole new string of quests called School Stories. In these, Yagami has to deal with angsty teenagers and their shenanigans.

Finally Done - Far Cry 6

Lcc2ba1.png (320×320)

Far Cry 6 wasn't actually the longest completion on my list, but it felt like it since you have to wait three real-life weeks (at a minimum) to defeat 3 Insurgent leaders since only one spawns per week. Also, these events actually include the enemies retaking your hard-earned liberated camps to artificially lengthen the game - annoying, to say the least.

King of the Internet - Destiny 2

L0cd549.png (320×320)

Destiny 2 takes this by default since this and Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl are the only two games in which I played online multiplayer.

Worst Online Experience - Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

L40500d.png (320×176)

I played the PS4 version, and the performance even in single-player campaign was pretty bad. The issues only worsened in online modes. I love the premise of the idea, but not its execution.

Best Music - The Artful Escape

L738464.png (320×176)

The Artful Escape not only had good music, but also featured it as a thematic concept, using it to touch on authenticity and identity.

Sleeper Hit - Chicken Police

L1d3883.png (320×176)

At first glance, you have a noir-themed game featuring anthromorphic animals (and well, it's true), but you also have an engaging detective narrative that takes unexpected twists and turns.

Biggest Bomb of the Year - Vampyr

L8da7d6.png (320×176)

Luckily, I didn't play any games this year that were irredeemably bad; however, if I really had to pick one, it'd be Vampyr (for the previously mentioned performance issues).

Best Trophy Image - "The Whole Picture" from Chicory: A Colorful Tale

1Lfa018a.png (240×240)

Seeing this image before playing the game I would have said, "I can definitely draw better than that." After playing through Chicory: A Colorful Tale, I can confidently say this trophy artwork is infinitely better than anything I can produce.

Worst Trophy Image - "Welcome to MASTER DUEL" from Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

4Lbceac7.png (240×240)

I'm already playing your game, Konami. Is it really necessary to advertise it further via the artwork? By the way, all trophy images are identical to this.

Best Female Character - Kena from Kena: Bridge of Spirits & Stella from Spiritfarer

L6a1c5d.png (320×320) kena-bridge-of-spirits.jpg

Throughout the game, Kena demonstrates her compassion, fear, doubt, and courage. Her interactions with others she meets on her journey, and as well as confronting and overcoming her obstacles makes her worthy of this category.

L68ab65.png (320×176) tenor.gif?itemid=20767287

Stella's character development and backstory reveal is quite a slow burn. Little by little, Stella (via her duties as a Spiritfarer) helps and comforts herself by helping and comforting others in their time of need.

Best Male Character - Kratos from God of War: Ragnarok

Ldab14f.png (320×320) kratos-god-of-war-.jpg

2018's God of War already showed Kratos' growth as a person, but God of War: Ragnarok takes Kratos' character to heights I could never have imagined during his Angry Loincloth days. His growth as a father, friend, and as a god was incredibly engaging - I look forward to Kratos' future adventures. Also, Christopher Judge gave a phenomenal performance.

Best Platinum of the Year - God of War: Ragnarok

Ldab14f.png (320×320)

Minus the collectibles and some story beats, I loved everything about God of War: Ragnarok. The customization, armours, characters, environments, themes, etc. I especially loved Vanaheim and its diverse terrains.

Wurst Platinum ov the Yeer - Horizon Forbidden West

L67577f.png (320×176)

I was a bit lenient on Horizon Zero Dawn's lackluster main narrative since it was the first of the franchise, but I expected Aloy's character and Forbidden West's story to better than it was (especially since now Guerilla had the first game to build upon). I thought the main antagonists of the game were laughably bad, and Aloy was just kind of a jerk in some situations. Also, I experienced quite a few bugs as a day one player, such as falling through drawbridges after lowering them, getting stuck in obstacles, etc.

Most Anticipated Platinum of 2023 Award - Marvel's Spider-Man 2

maxresdefault.jpg

While I'm a little disappointed they missed the opportunity to call it Marvel's Spider-Men, I'm looking forward to this game after playing both the original 2018 PS4 game and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I just hope they don't bring back crimes (or at the very least as trophy requirements) and MJ-like sections.

• Like 2

Piece of Cake - Jigsaw Finale

Le1ff9f.png
Nothing else to say about this one

It’s Like Dark Souls - Mortal Shell

L4ef785.png
Well its like Dark Souls but a bit easier

Badass Award - Nothing comes to mind right now

Grind of the Year - Death Stranding

Ldc50bc.png
The closest thing to a grind I did this year was reaching max connection with all facilities in this game.

Finally Done - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

L4544d2.png

I got this game with the season pass included and after I played the main campaign and all side content I had to take a break, Came back after two years to finally complete the expansions.

King of the Internet - Aragami

Lfa639d.png

I’m not sure if this even counts but this is literally the only game I played this year with another player in coop so I guess this can be considered multiplayer right.

Worst Online Experience - Nothing explanation above.

Best Music - The Artful Escape

L738464.png

Music to my ears baby yeeaaahhhhhhh 

Sleeper Hit of the Year - Lost In Random

L9da94e.png
Liked the way it looked but was skeptical if I would enjoy the gameplay but to my surprise I really enjoyed it very good game.

Biggest Bomb of the Year - Journey of the Broken Circle

Lafca13.png
I know this game got good reviews and praised but for some reason I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would, I played worst this year but I knew they were going to be mediocre though.

Best Trophy Image - Psychonauts 2

1Lde15d3.png

Worst Trophy Image - Stray (Surely the platinum had to be the cat holding the trophy in his paw right)

1L0e80f3.png

(fyi I only looked at platinum images because going through all the trophies to see which I liked best was just to long)

Best Female Character - Kena

E_7IPnKVEAYA82F?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Best Male Character - Razputin Aquato

FDTkJNHWYAMUu-e.jpg:large

Best Platinum of the Year - Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

L4304d7.png

Not my favourite game of the year but for me this was the most fun platinum I got this year, Had a blast from start to finish great fun.

Worst Platinum of the Year - Gleamlight

Lad09a4.png

Terrible game really but that aside one of the trophies is bugged, Platinum was still achievable but I spent more time on and off in the game which I would have liked to avoid.

Most Anticipated Platinum of the Year 

FN0Vdn7XEAQz5so?format=jpg&name=large
Taking into account I don’t own a PS5 Hogwart’s Legacy is the one that intrigues me the most on PS4.

Edited by blacklight-nero
  • Like 4

On 28.12.2022 at 9:53 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

xYkGfKI.png

The Jumping Pizza

gl2oT0D.png

DJMAX RESPECT

bs6ooqn.png

Not much to choose this Year, but i guess the whole Demon Gaze II Cast was Badass

ZFFpcSC.png

SOULCALIBUR V

grinding 87.600m

CVbanj0.png

Catherine

9Qcj0Sn.png

Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel

cBvB66k.png

DJMAX RESPECT

fq0G2lY.png

DJMAX RESPECT

1sBtckq.png

POKEMON SCARLET (deal with it)

cRmi7oS.png

The Jumping Taco

u5CcmMD.png

1L21b6dd.png

He3pFwi.png

16L1af98f.png

On 28.12.2022 at 9:53 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

1mfQCVV.png

Merurulince Rede Arls

z8JZgsh.png

Peter Parker

gnHxJFF.png

Catherine

REO5sp8.png

The Jumping Pizza

M801kl6.png

DJMAX RESPECT

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for doing this thread! Sorry I'm late.

Anyone know what happened to @Dr_Mayus ?

Anyway, here we go!

Piece of Cake

1Lb47377.png

Donut County

A nice simple and funny game about holes. Making holes bigger to be exact ?.

It's Like Dark Souls

1Lc199b5.png

Ashen

I mean, it's literally like Dark Souls, it's a soulslike through and through. This game is super punishing, especially on the hardest difficulty 'Children of Sissna' which doesn't really increase the difficulty but instead cuts your health and stamina by two thirds. Doesn't sound like much but trust me it turns every encounter into a dance with death. I really enjoyed this though and it felt super satisfying getting the platinum and 100%, even if I did cheese the last two bosses and the DLC boss ?.

Bad Ass

16Le96a9e.png

Tunic - Thank you for playing!

Finishing the golden path in this game was so fucking cool and my wife and I felt so clever figuring it out. Getting a notepad and pen out to solve this thing gave us this amazing feeling that we hadn't felt for years. Truly a wonderful game. If you haven't yet, check it out!

Grind of the Year

1L0bc3e4.png

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - TROPHY ADDICT

Getting A+ on all levels and beating all levels on hard mode was a massive grind and when compared to the first game, ball crushingly difficult. I love this game overall but there were definitely times where I wanted to stomp on my Vita.

Finally Done

Lfdd582.png

Dishonored - 10 years, 1 week

This year marked the monumental occasion of finally getting 100% on one of my favourite games. The DLC has a infamous reputation for being very difficult and RNG based, which turned me off doing it for years. Went back to it on a whim as I was replaying the main game anyway and got it done with relative ease. And had a lot of fun doing so! If you want some more of my thoughts on this I did a long ass post on it in my trophy checklist.

King of the Internet

Ld937d5.png

Fallout 76

Second year running giving this award to Fallout 76. It has genuinely become my favourite Fallout game. I was anticipating The Pitt expansion all year and when it dropped it was a little underwhelming to be honest but I still had a blast jumping back into this world and exploring an old location from Fallout 3.

Worst Online Experience

L322e5c.png

Resident Evil 6

Got the platinum for this in 2022 and then attempted to tackle the online DLC stuff. Big mistake. It's soooooooooooo boring. Me and my boosting partner fell off with it and then I never got back to it as my son was born. Maybe one day?

Best Music

Laed7bb.png

Tunic

Seriously this soundtrack absolutely SLAPS.

Sleeper Hit of the Year

L20eea1.png

Toem

Had no idea that this game existed when it hit PS+, watched a quick trailer, thought "this looks cute" and my god, it was. Just a really chill experience taking pictures. It reminded me of A Short Hike which I loved the previous year.

Biggest Bomb of the Year

L4467f2.png

Horizon Forbidden West

Everyone loved this and I honestly have never been more bored in my life playing a video game. I mean, it's fine, it plays well, it's utterly gorgeous and the story actually starts out really strong. But yet again we have a bloated Ubisoft open world with icons everywhere, a story that goes nowhere which ends on an unearned cliffhanger, has the worst use of Hollywood actors and the protagonist is about as interesting as toenail clippings. I really liked Zero Dawn and have fond memories of it, and I really wanted to like this but I just couldn't. I'm willing to admit that it's probably not the games fault and it's probably my tastes that have changed. Maybe.

Best Trophy Image

1Le7d284.png

Toem - And that completes the list!

A trophy image that captures the best moment of this game beautifuly.

Worst Trophy Image

1L6f3ae5.png

Deliver Us The Moon - Mankind's Brightest

It's just the game image compressed into a trophy image.

Best Female Character

Selene-Returnal.jpg

Selene - Returnal

A beautifully complex character that isn't what she seems at first. I had a great time figuring her out during my time with Returnal.

Best Male Character

God-of-War-Ragnarok-Atreus-and-Brok.jpg

Atreus - God of War Ragnarok

Yeah we all love Kratos but my boy Atreus grew up and became a man in this game. I really appreciated that there was more focus on him this time around and I really enjoyed the parts where we play as him. He's a good kid.

Best Plat of the Year

1L1b381d.png

Elden Ring

It was obviously going to be Elden Ring, come on guys.

Worst Plat of the Year

1L37d30c.png

Last Stop

Making my way through all the Annapurna published games and this is the worst one by far. Just utterly awful and dragged out.

Same as last year ?

Hollow Knight: Silksong on Steam

Guys... : r/HollowKnight

• Like 2

I miss Dr_Mayus :( Thanks for doing this topic in his stead.

PIECE OF CAKE AWARD

Spoiler

Night Detective: Decrepit Manor. Let's leave it at that xD

IT'S LIKE DARK SOULS

Spoiler

Got to play Stranger of Paradise again for its newest DLC, that applies pretty well. There was also Yurukill: The Calumniation Games which I never planned to platinum anyways since I'm not a fan of bullet hell shmups (I played it for the mystery story and gameplay alone). Lastly there's the endings in New Tales from the Borderlands that I was unable to get any of other than the perfect ending no matter how many times I tried.

BAD ASS AWARD

Spoiler

Completing nearly all the optional title challenges in Sword and Fairy 6, finally learning how to play Mahjong and other minigames in the Yakuza series in Lost Judgment, obtained all monsters in Digimon Survive, and completing nearly all missions in Crisis Core as soon as they were possible (had to delay Minerva a bit for my own sanity, but otherwise I was constantly overleveled and overequipped for everything xD)

GRIND OF THE YEAR

Spoiler

Dreamlight Valley with its many trophies that I am still slowly working on. For actually completed ones, leveling the ghost in Ghostbusters felt like the biggest chore even though it wasn't that bad.

FINALLY DONE AWARD

Spoiler

For this year, The Darkside Detective Season 2: A Fumble in the Dark was completed in 1 year and 6 months since new DLC had come out. AC Valhalla (still unfinished) is at 1 year and 9 months though, but I did manage to clear two of its DLCs at last.

KING OF THE INTERNET

Spoiler

I'll give it to Gotham Knights this year (haters be hating), with Ghostbusters and Escape Academy as runners up :) The Devil In Me was fun, but very bugged at launch so that made the experience not as good as these three.

WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE

Spoiler

Stranger of Paradise just because the newest DLC was better to play solo :( Would have wanted to play together as usual.

BEST MUSIC

Spoiler

Chrono Cross, Crisis Core, Lost Judgment, and many more. A lot of good music this year.

SLEEPER HIT OF THE YEAR

Spoiler

There were so many good ones I played this year, but I'll limit myself to just one this year instead of making another list... I'll go with The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story since I feel like less people played it than the similiar 428: Shibuya Scramble which I also finally played this year.

BIGGEST BOMB OF THE YEAR

Spoiler

The impossible plats (Reverie Knights Tactics, Monster Crown) and Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice for its unnecessary second playthrough.

BEST TROPHY IMAGE

Spoiler

WORST TROPHY IMAGE

Spoiler

BEST FEMALE CHARACTER

Spoiler

Tama from 428: Shibuya Scramble

BEST MALE CHARACTER

Spoiler

Doctor Strange from Midnight Suns. What a perfect adaptation of this character.

BEST PLAT OF THE YEAR

Spoiler

There were several which were just a joy to complete (and in some cases, play through several times), such as Cyanide & Happiness: Freakpocalypse, Stray, the visual novels, the Sam & Max games, The Quarry, and Digimon Survive. A really great year for games.

WURST PLAT OV TEH YEER

Spoiler

Not counting the impossible plats, I'll go with New Tales from the Borderlands for a game I actually tried to platinum. Just could not get any of the other endings. Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice would be my pick if only completed plats counted (for the unnecessary second playthrough).

MOST ANTICIPATED PLATINUM OF 2023

Spoiler

Depends on what releases next year, yet again my "most anticipated plat" games list from last year ended up having games that did not release in 2022 xD For 2023, I'll go with the Pixel Remaster Collection of Final Fantasy I to VI, Theatrhythm (though I may not end up platting that), Sam & Max Season 3, Hogwarts Legacy, and many more.

Edited by zadorvp

Piece of Cake

Lcaae60.png

This was more like a proof of concept or a tech demo than a game. Just walk around a small area and pick up collectibles.

It's Like Dark Souls

L341e18.png

It's not really that difficult, but the final boss was a bit of a pain in the ass. Didn't really plat anything difficult this year.

Badass Award

L341e18.png

Just related to the previous award. Finally defeating the final boss.

Grind of the Year

L8deb0e.png

The whole game felt like a grind and was super tedious to me.

Finally Done

L676a3d.png

1 year and 3 days - Didn't really feel like playing it when I started it up originally. Picked it up again like almost a year later and wrapped it up.

King of the Internet

NONE

Worst Online Experience

NONE

Best Music

Lf50f36.png

Sleeper Hit

Ldf3a73.png

Murder Mystery Machine

Had a good time with it. It's sort of a detective thriller in which you go through cases connecting the "dots" on who was murdered how. A bit overpriced though.

Biggest Bomb

L8deb0e.png

This series was so hyped up and praised by so many and was a major letdown. Granted visual novels are not my favourite genre, but I've played a fair amount of them and this one is far down at the bottom.

Best Trophy Images

1Lb698e4.png

Lamentum

Worst Trophy Image

1Lb875fd.png

Five Dates

Best Female Character

L97ea66.png

Maya

Best Male Character

Le44555.png

Sonny (Chicken Police)

Best Plat of the Year

Ldaaa68.png

One of the best platformers I'e played.

Wurst Plat Ov Teh Yeer

La469f7.png

Didn't like anything about this game.

Ark would've been chosen for this, if it wasn't essentially just using the command menu.

L3d6b7a.png

Thymesia

Edited by voodoo_eyes