Zoutje's Holiday Giveaway

ZoutjeNL

Batman Arkham Origins

I never thought I would be able to platinum this game do to the multiplayer and the "You die, you start over" mode. 

Thank God I started this game. I made good friends on a discord group that we still talk and boost together other games and the "I am the Night" mode was a challenge but thanks to the thought of "I did the 100% on Arkham Knight I can do this" and I did, completed it in one day while doing a speedrun. 

I loved this game and I hope to see the rumored Arkham game from WB Montreal soon

Thanks for the giveaway!

Mine would be Kingdom Hearts.  It's a series I am very attached too, I completed most of the games on the original system they were released on, but it was nice to play them all through again.  Specifically Kingdom Hearts since it was my first playstation game ever.  So I loved coming back to it.  It was hard but it's just a series that I'm really attached too.

My favorite 2019 platinum is "DUNWALL DAYS AND KARNACA NIGHTS" from Dishonored 2... because a good amount of the trophies are linked to the game's incredible attention to detail and high player agency system, without being excessively tedious. There's also the fact that among having no issue replaying the game a third or fourth time despite already having the platinum, I'd willingly and happily get this game's platinum all over again if I had too, as the game is that great and thrilling to play.

Edited by EcoShifter

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I wasn't expecting the game to be that good. I liked the pirate setting, I spent a lot of time at the sea hunting and plundering ships. Facing bigger ships and taking over forts were a nice challenge, specially when your ship wasn't fully upgraded. The story was great as well, and the multiplayer was the easiest, where I only boosted one DLC trophy. I can't wait to plat the PS4 version, but my ISP messed with my NAT type again.

Thank you for this giveaway.

Nice!

Mine was Toy Story 3 for the PS3 because I had given up on getting the Space Ranger Elite trophy (last 1 needed for plat) then, randomly decided to try again and got it after just a couple attempts.

1Sca06d9.png

Edited by wildkatb

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, played it in bits over the years. Finally got down to to finishing it this year. 

I loved catching monsters, leveling them up. Music is Final Fantasy quality. Voice acting was decent, especially the Little Fairy. 

Would easily grab the remastered version when it hit a decent price, to stack.

• Like 1

This year's focus was finishing as many ps3 online trophies as possible so I didn't get any notable platinums.So from the few I got I have to pick Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 because it made me realise that i actually enjoy musou games more than I originally thought.

Bioshock for several reasons.

It is my favorite franchise and one of the best games ever made, and for this reason I decided to platinum it, which eventually got me into trophy hunting.

It is also my first platinum so forever memorised, and changed my gaming history forever.

On a sidenote, can't wait for the next game, even if irrational will forever be sorely missed...

• Like 1

Thanks for the giveaway! As for best plat of the year, that's quite the questions as I have a few that I really like. Mortal Kombat 11 is easily my best fighting game of the year and how Smash took it's place at the game awards is a question I'll never get an answer for! Lollipop Chainsaw was a game that I wasn't expecting to like as much as I did, but was fucking amazing and was fun the whole way through, so I'd recommend that to anyone. Team Sonic Racing was a title I was looking forward to for awhile as a follow-up to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (the best kart racer ever made), and while it didn't live up to its predecessor, the controls, soundtrack, and tracks were all phenomenal. Journey quickly found its way into my top games of the decade, which was odd because I've never really been fond of that style of game, but the multiplayer mechanic really makes that game something unique, but it doesn't have a platinum so it doesn't count.

For favorite platinum of 2019 though, I would have to give that title to Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled. I can attribute the original game from the PS1 as one of the first games that ever got me into completionism, and the remake (while not perfect) was an extremely fantastic job of porting the original to modern consoles. The hard story mode made the game as hard as the original was for me when I was much younger, the time trials were a true challenge that were satisfying to complete, and including the tracks from Nitro Kart was a nice bonus. Maybe not my GOTY, but definitely my favorite platinum of 2019.

• Like 1

2019 has been the year where I've earned more platinums since I have my account. And I feel that my most favorite platinum is from Bloodborne. I've always been a fan of FromSoft games. Demon's Souls was my entry into the genre, and Bloodborne is one of the most unique games I've played through the years. You get thrown into a nightmare, and have to find the way out. The challenge becomes then fighting your fears, and trying to understand your situation.

It is my favorite because of the challenge and the setting. Every time it felt like a sure defeat, you manage to go and beat the odds. Or sometimes the odds beat you, and have you for a snack. It's a game that has given me many memorable times with my friends, and a lot of inspiration for some of my D&D campaigns. That's why this is my favorite platinum of the year.

Edited by Folkenio
  • Like 1

My favorite and only platinum of 2019 was Bloodborne, it was my first foray into the Souls series and I was expecting to just get frustrated and really angry playing it. I ended up having the time of my life playing it and didn't really ever get upset at it, was fun to learn the patterns of bosses and even cheesing some of them.

• Like 2