Ghost of Tsushima Trophies

LegolasRanger

8 minutes ago, kaltezhan said:

Plus, we should celebrate each time a platinum trophy gets a cool name, instead of "Platinum". You failed me, Horizon Zero Dawn.

I don't care too much what they're called, but it's not exactly an original name for a platinum.

EXPT474.png

There's probably others too.

On the topic of difficulty I plan on playing on hard regardless of trophies, just because after listening to a couple of reviews it doesn't sound too challenging on normal.

Edited by EIdain

9 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

I hope it's not, but it does look like an easy platinum...

I understand why, but it's a shame to have great games with no challenge in them. Not asking for something crazy, just a playthrough on Hard(higher difficulty) or some post-game Challenges. Something that will separate casual players from trophy-hunters(completionists).

And no, I don't want to play the game on "Ultra Hard" and get nothing for it. I want something to remind me what I have accomplished in that game. I want "Living Legend" trophy to be worthy of its name.

Honestly, I am not sure having a difficulty level adds much to the platinum.  It will knock a few percentage points off the rarity % but generally does not change much.

Anyone who wants the platinum (i.e. pretty much anyone on this site who plays it) but struggles in spots will just watch a guide with techniques/exploits/etc. to beat it.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Ghost of Japanland trophy list looks really good.  I wonder if they're going to add any supernatural DLC stuff

highly doubt it, its a realistic samurai experience, so I would put it in an entirely different pile than Nioh or Sekiro

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Honestly, I am not sure having a difficulty level adds much to the platinum.  It will knock a few percentage points off the rarity % but generally does not change much.

Anyone who wants the platinum (i.e. pretty much anyone on this site who plays it) but struggles in spots will just watch a guide with techniques/exploits/etc. to beat it.  

There is a difference between a 20% platinum and 50% one, but I understand what you are saying.

To be honest, I want "Living Legend" to be an Ultra Rare to save it for my milestones like I'm doing with "Legend" and "The Legendary Hero" of MGS 5 & 4 respectively. It doesn't have to be a 0.000001%, just safely below 5% is enough for me but I don't really see that happening.

Edited by Kiyan-13
  • Like 1

I don't really play games for trophies like I said before unless I really love the game and I anticipate that im really going to love this so im "slightly" disappointed that theirs no difficulty trophies. Still, it's no big deal. Transport me to Friday already lol.

• Like 1

The list seems to be pretty fair, but I'll give the game may be a 5-6 out 10 in difficulty terms, around 50-60 hours of gameplay and 1 playthrough (may be 2 for missables). Those challenges seem daunting for inexpert people, but I like the name of the trophies. Also, they seem to be skill based trophies rather than grinding or so. Fortunately for Soulsborne enthusiasts? Can't to see it on Friday, and check what people think about it. Could also inspire me to jump into the hyper difficult games genre? Let's see!

29 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

The list seems to be pretty fair, but I'll give the game may be a 5-6 out 10 in difficulty terms, around 50-60 hours of gameplay and 1 playthrough (may be 2 for missables). Those challenges seem daunting for inexpert people, but I like the name of the trophies. Also, they seem to be skill based trophies rather than grinding or so. Fortunately for Soulsborne enthusiasts? Can't to see it on Friday, and check what people think about it. Could also inspire me to jump into the hyper difficult games genre? Let's see!

hakoom mentioned about the game not having a lot of gore in terms of slicing bodies but isn't that dependent on the samurai sword?

6 hours ago, LegolasRanger said:

hakoom mentioned about the game not having a lot of gore in terms of slicing bodies but isn't that dependent on the samurai sword?

Well, I was watching a review, and they say that actually as faithful as the game should be to be a proper samurai one, it poses it challenges. I guess many are hyped for the game, but the reviewer says that what I feared: skilled based and full of QTEs for combat. I mean, those doesn't bother me, but certianly would make me feel frustrated really quick and easy. I'll surely wait for players to reveal tips and strategies for it. Reviews says it plainly clear: expect challenge. Any link for that comment?

And no, from gameplay videos, that isn't the purpose of the story or mechanics,

Spoiler

however, what is gore in the game, has to deal with the game over scene. Being cut throat every time, and for what the trophy list mentions, it'll be something that makes you unconfortable for a while.  

I know few here are Spanish speakers, so if anyone is interested. The review in question: 

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

I hope it's not, but it does look like an easy platinum...

I understand why, but it's a shame to have great games with no challenge in them. Not asking for something crazy, just a playthrough on Hard(higher difficulty) or some post-game Challenges. Something that will separate casual players from trophy-hunters(completionists).

And no, I don't want to play the game on "Ultra Hard" and get nothing for it. I want something to remind me what I have accomplished in that game. I want "Living Legend" trophy to be worthy of its name.

I feel that GoW did this the best. The Valks, Trials and Mist Echos. Extra, end game stuff that was a challenge but no play this game on hard that you unlock by playing on normal, which is unlocked by playing on easy........ I play games once and have little time for complete this game on x difficulty trophies. If you wanna play a game on hard hard game - just play a hard game or change the setting.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

There is a difference between a 20% platinum and 50% one, but I understand what you are saying.

To be honest, I want "Living Legend" to be an Ultra Rare to save it for my milestones like I'm doing with "Legend" and "The Legendary Hero" of MGS 5 & 4 respectively. It doesn't have to be a 0.000001%, just safely below 5% is enough for me but I don't really see that happening.

yeah that's not going to happen

Edited by TalalHmd
added bold