WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

Time to start stocking up on any DLC you might want to get for those games on your shelf before you no longer have the ability to.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

You'll be able to download everything you bought before the date from the download list.

The tweet from Moriarty also says you'll be able to download after the shutdown too

Edited by SnowxSakura
typo

Ah thanks Alderriz. Was worried I had to buy loads of extra storage!

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

The tweet from Moriarty always says you'll be able to download after the shutdown too

Yes, I mean "bought before the date".

I gotta edit my post to word it better.

I wonder what this means for PS Now with games that don't include the dlc you have to buy

I also just got the Mail:

PSP/PS3: July 2nd, PSV: Aug, 27th

Posted (edited)

i'll have 4 sale month's to pick up anything i'm missing anything good from ps3 store and 5 sale month's for vita. 

going to spend what i can >< without breaking me or spending into my stimmy that's off limits.

might have to hit up the costco for the psn cards.

edit: might have to plead with sony to discount all the digital games up to the date (excluding retail games on systems).

Edited by kingdrake2

Posted (edited)

Probably the most important piece of information from the email. They are also getting rid of messages on the Vita.

• If you have purchased a PS3/PS Vita cross-buy bundle and have only downloaded either the PS3 or PS Vita version, you will need to download the other version prior to the closure of PlayStation™Store on the relevant device.

PS Vita messaging service

As of 28 June 2021*, users on PlayStation Vita will no longer be able to use the messaging service. Although messaging on PS Vita is going away, your messages will still be available to you by using the messaging service on PS5 consoles, PS4 consoles, and via mobile on PS App.

Edited by GraniteSnake
Reformatting

1 minute ago, LamiaTears said:

Relieved we'll still be able to download our existing purchases, just came here to laugh at the smug people in the thread who posted condescending messages about how dumb we all are and how this unfounded rumor will never turn out to be true. 🍷

They look like complete fools now haha

10 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

The fact of the matter is that these companies just don't care about preservation

I don't understand why Sony hates its legacy platforms so much

Goddamnit! 😡 I was thinking about buying a Vita, but probably not worth it unless I do it soon.

Its kind of silly they are stopping the storefront while you can still download the games, that means they are still hosting the games which seems like it would be the more expensive part of this operation. Might as well keep the store so they can continue to be sold i would think 😕

Well, it was bound to happen. I hope they at least keep trophy syncing alive for the foreseeable future

It is confirmed! Just got an e-mail on my address linked to main account.

Ok, mentioned earlier already.

Didn't want to write anything before Sony confirmed if rumours were true. Sad to see they are. 

I wonder what are those people that laughed at this all the time thinking now?

I totally expected this, just Sony being Sony after all...

Today is a very sad day for gaming in general, now I/we have to write down a final list of stuff I/we want to buy otherwise it will be too late, and from July 2nd we will forever lose the access to so many stuff... Sad day to me

I'm willing to bet that even being able to connect to online at all will be the next thing to go...

Posted (edited)

So it was true. Mixed feelings about this if I'm honest. Personally it doesn't effect me at all. I made the decision to retire my PS3 earlier this year with the release of the 5. I've played everything I wanted, enjoyed everything I've played, well mostly lol it was a great console with great experiences but for me it was time to move on.

On the other hand I find this a bit odd. I understand they can't maintain things forever and sales have clearly dropped below the threshold needed to keep things going but they are throwing away so much. PS now should be the home for everything pre ps4 but they've done nothing with it 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Cleggworth

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Goddamnit! 1f621.png I was thinking about buying a Vita, but probably not worth it unless I do it soon.

Totally worth it for the homebrew scene which is about to get an influx of new users after this official confirmation.