Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

On 11/19/2022 at 0:23 PM, Rebourne07 said:

For next year, I'm trying to think of extra bonuses I can attach to completion of the challenge. This year it's been basically complete the challenge, complete it twice, complete it three times etc. But every time you complete it it makes it harder for future times. So I'd like to have extra categories that'll spice things up and help people stand out in their own unique ways of completing the challenge. I wanna open up the forum for some ideas. I'll only do like 10 or so categories to keep it simple so not all ideas presented here will be used. I'll try to make little images like some Project Platinum's use to put next to your name on the leaderboards. 

Here's a few examples I've thought of:

[System] Master - 6 or more games on your list are [System] games (Vita, PS3, PS4, PS5)

FIRST! - First person to complete the challenge

Guide Writer - You personally wrote the trophy guide for a game on your list

Series Conquerer - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series

Shameless - Auto-popped 3 or more games on your list

Fresh Starter - You had 0% progress on any game on your list prior to 2023

Hardcore - 8 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list

etc etc. 

Let's hear some ideas and I'll take some of the best!

I thought of a few more ideas:

Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre

Jack of One Trade - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre

Shameful - Put a Mayo game on your list

Brownie Points - Platinumed a game on your list from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy)

Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10

Money Bags - 6 or more games on your list came out this year

Also, I'm thinking of giving away a PSN card to whoever earns the most of these badges next year. Nothing huge, not sure how much yet. Don't hold me to that just yet, still contemplating, but seems like that'd make it fun to see some competition. 

• Like 1

@Rebourne07 Interesting idea giving people different tags for completing the challenge in a specific way. Not sure how the Masochist title would work if it's a 1-10 challenge unless the 9/10 can be considered a 9 or a 10. Since my last update I haven't made any progress as far as my 2nd list is concerned and I don't think I will have the time to complete it, but I had a good run for my first event. It will be very interesting to see what next year's challenge brings to the table and what people's lists are going to be. From now until the end of the year I'm going to focus on purchasing new titles for next year's challenge. As far as tags are concerned the only one, I can think of off the top of my head is "repeat offender" which could be for finishing the same game twice or completing a game they've already played before or something.

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@Rebourne07 Interesting idea giving people different tags for completing the challenge in a specific way. Not sure how the Masochist title would work if it's a 1-10 challenge unless the 9/10 can be considered a 9 or a 10. Since my last update I haven't made any progress as far as my 2nd list is concerned and I don't think I will have the time to complete it, but I had a good run for my first event. It will be very interesting to see what next year's challenge brings to the table and what people's lists are going to be. From now until the end of the year I'm going to focus on purchasing new titles for next year's challenge. As far as tags are concerned the only one, I can think of off the top of my head is "repeat offender" which could be for finishing the same game twice or completing a game they've already played before or something.

Thanks :) Good luck next year man :) Yeah the Masochist one came from a few people doing that this year. Like for example you can find Doom 2 and Hollow Knight listed as both a 9 and a 10 depending on where you look. Do both and count one as a 9 and one as a 10 and you've earned the Masochist badge.

• Like 1

Here's my progress so far a mix of PS4 & PS5 games

most of these games I have either streamed or posted videos & screenshots of on my social media accounts

✅ 1/10 - My Name is Mayo? (03/06/2022)  

✅ 2/10 - Spiderman Miles Morales? (13/05/2022)  

✅ 2/10 - Astro's Playroom? (30/04/2022)  

✅ 2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart ? (30/05/2022)   

✅ 3/10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) ? (22/09/2022)  

4/10 - Horizon: Forbidden West (4% so far) 

4/10 - God of War (2018) (1% so far) 

4/10 - God of War: Ragnarök (2022) (5% so far) 

✅ 5/10 - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard ? (14/07/2022)   

5/10 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022) (85% so far) 

6/10 - Destiny 2 (91% so far, just need to do a grand master nightfall) 

7/10 - Crash Bandicoot ? (27/11/2022) 

8/10 - Cuphead ? (11/11/2022) 

9/10 - THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE ? (27/11/2022) 

✅10/10 - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout ? (31/07/2022) 

Edited by PurpleSamGaming
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Aren't you the one who just got annihilated from the leaderboards for cheating a bunch of games?

PS3 games don’t count, PS3 is 2 generations old & absolute, plus any console that’s able to be jailbroken shouldn’t be on any leaderboards anyway 

Edited by PurpleSamGaming
  • Like 1

Sounds like an interesting event that I'd probably like to join in 2023. It's already too late to catch up on the missing difficulties this year. I'm not sure I can get to 100% for this challenge next year, I don't take difficulty into account when deciding what to play and most games I play tend to be between a 3/10 and a 7/10 or maybe 8/10. While it's not impossible that easier/harder games end up on my account naturally, I have to go out of my way and specifically target these games for the most part. So we'll see how well I do next year.

This is what I'd have for 2022 had I participated:

1: Legends of Talia: Arcadia

2: Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition

3: Cat Quest II (difficulty), Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (difficulty), NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., Ghost of Tsushima

4: Sundered (PSNP)

5: Genshin Impact, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

6:

7: Elden Ring, Divinity: Original Sin II, Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights

8:

9:

10:

Sources for difficulty are only listed if they're not PSNP, Legends of Talia: Arcadia is a skippable VN (yes, I have sinned, IDK why I didn't attempt to play it normally at least once, I don't skip VNs otherwise) that has no difficulty at all.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Sounds like an interesting event that I'd probably like to join in 2023. It's already too late to catch up on the missing difficulties this year. I'm not sure I can get to 100% for this challenge next year, I don't take difficulty into account when deciding what to play and most games I play tend to be between a 3/10 and a 7/10 or maybe 8/10. While it's not impossible that easier/harder games end up on my account naturally, I have to go out of my way and specifically target these games for the most part. So we'll see how well I do next year.

This is what I'd have for 2022 had I participated:

1: Legends of Talia: Arcadia

2: Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition

3: Cat Quest II (difficulty), Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (difficulty), NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., Ghost of Tsushima

4: Sundered (PSNP)

5: Genshin Impact, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

6:

7: Elden Ring, Divinity: Original Sin II, Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights

8:

9:

10:

Sources for difficulty are only listed if they're not PSNP, Legends of Talia: Arcadia is a skippable VN (yes, I have sinned, IDK why I didn't attempt to play it normally at least once, I don't skip VNs otherwise) that has no difficulty at all.

Actually Elden Ring is an 8 on PlatPrices, so you have 7 out of the 10 difficulty ratings covered so I'll add you to Bronze tier for this year. Shoot for Platinum tier next year :D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Actually Elden Ring is an 8 on PlatPrices, so you have 7 out of the 10 difficulty ratings covered so I'll add you to Bronze tier for this year. Shoot for Platinum tier next year :D

Then 8 for Elden Ring it is. Thanks. A 6/10 shouldn't be that hard, maybe I can get to Silver this year.

We'll see about that. I'll definitely try, but the biggest challenge will be finding a difficulty 10 game that I want to play/have the skills to complete. There aren't that many 10/10s on PlatPrices and the other source don't have sorting for difficulty, I think. I have one game in mind that I did in the past and could do it again on the NA stack (Cross Edge, difficulty, completed EU stack, NA stack), but I don't own this stack and have to look into the current price first. It's not worth spending loads of money on a game I already did once. While it's not terrible, it's far from the best game in existence and has quite a few flaws. Not sure I want to go through the endgame grind again.

Finding difficulty 9 also won't be that easy. The rest should be doable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

We'll see about that. I'll definitely try, but the biggest challenge will be finding a difficulty 10 game that I want to play/have the skills to complete.

I checked your profile and saw Fall Guys incomplete on it. With the help of short time special events it'll become much easier to get the :platinum: but it still counts as 10/10. I wasn't good at the game but i still made it through myself to get the :platinum: myself :)

• Like 2

Alright guys here's my second update on the challenge. It's been a while but it has been crazy with the amount of games shutting down servers this year I've barely have gotten the time to focus on the challenge myself. You can expect my third and most likely final update within the next few weeks before I go on vacation. Also I've made some changes to my list as the original one is completely out of the picture an most likely impossible this late on the year lol.

Dead Rising 4: I had mixed feelings about this one tbh if you think about the game as your usual 3rd person action, survival, sandbox game it's actually not that bad. The problem with this game is the franchise behind it and the fact that this entry is so vastly different from the previous ones in their core mechanics and on the worst possible ways. It felt like an entire different game and the fact that is full of glitches and that the guide here is not that comprehensive and was missing some key information just added insult to injury. The grind for the trials in reality was not that bad the most painful thing was the DLC and the game itself.

Fantasy Strike: Not much I can say about this plat. It was a shit game that's honestly mind blowing how quick and easy it is for how rare the plat sits at below .1% rarity. Honestly just did it for the challange as going for a 100+ hour plat for the 4/10 was no longer an option. I'll go for my original pick for the 4/10 which was Verdun on my next year's list.

Here's my updated list:

So that leaves me with around a months time to finish up the rest. I'm already almost done with 2 of the remaining ones so it should be smooth sailing till the year ends. Btw love the new ideas for the next years challenge and I'm already thinking on my list for 2023! I think in order to keep this years list as a tradition for myself I'll go for the "Hardcore","Masochist" badges on 2023 as well. I'm also thinking on a little twist for mine and also going for an all Indie game list that could be fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abraniell said:

Alright guys here's my second update on the challenge. It's been a while but it has been crazy with the amount of games shutting down servers this year I've barely have gotten the time to focus on the challenge myself. You can expect my third and most likely final update within the next few weeks before I go on vacation. Also I've made some changes to my list as the original one is completely out of the picture an most likely impossible this late on the year lol.

Dead Rising 4: I had mixed feelings about this one tbh if you think about the game as your usual 3rd person action, survival, sandbox game it's actually not that bad. The problem with this game is the franchise behind it and the fact that this entry is so vastly different from the previous ones in their core mechanics and on the worst possible ways. It felt like an entire different game and the fact that is full of glitches and that the guide here is not that comprehensive and was missing some key information just added insult to injury. The grind for the trials in reality was not that bad the most painful thing was the DLC and the game itself.

Fantasy Strike: Not much I can say about this plat. It was a shit game that's honestly mind blowing how quick and easy it is for how rare the plat sits at below .1% rarity. Honestly just did it for the challange as going for a 100+ hour plat for the 4/10 was no longer an option. I'll go for my original pick for the 4/10 which was Verdun on my next year's list.

Here's my updated list:

So that leaves me with around a months time to finish up the rest. I'm already almost done with 2 of the remaining ones so it should be smooth sailing till the year ends. Btw love the new ideas for the next years challenge and I'm already thinking on my list for 2023! I think in order to keep this years list as a tradition for myself I'll go for the "Hardcore","Masochist" badges on 2023 as well. I'm also thinking on a little twist for mine and also going for an all Indie game list that could be fun.

Congratulations on Bronze tier!! Great list! Also, you can count Wipeout Omega Collection as a 9 from PlatPrices or PlaystationTrophies if you'd like so if you have another 8 completed that's a free game. Or at least a chance to do something easier than MGR if you want, totally up to you. Looking forward to seeing your hardcore masochist list next year!

5 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I checked your profile and saw Fall Guys incomplete on it. With the help of short time special events it'll become much easier to get the :platinum: but it still counts as 10/10. I wasn't good at the game but i still made it through myself to get the :platinum: myself :)

The version of Fall Guys I have is apparently unobtainable (according to PSNP+). Is that true? If not, then that is indeed an option.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, viech54 said:

The version of Fall Guys I have is apparently unobtainable (according to PSNP+). Is that true? If not, then that is indeed an option.

The version you have is off of the old launcher, which is no longer usable. You could, however, carry over your progress into the new launcher and continue from there. It would just be a new trophy list :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

As @MissShake said play the new version of FG and it'll count for 10/10 difficulty. Although it's so common in comparison to the old version :D We had that discussion about FG a few pages back :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MissShake said:

The version you have is off of the old launcher, which is no longer usable. You could, however, carry over your progress into the new launcher and continue from there. It would just be a new trophy list :)

27 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

As @MissShake said play the new version of FG and it'll count for 10/10 difficulty. Although it's so common in comparison to the old version :D We had that discussion about FG a few pages back :)

I didn't like Fall Guys that much to the point that I left my stack mostly unfinished. How long would it take me to get the plat with the 'short time special events'? I don't want to add it to my account if there's a good chance I won't finish it again before server shutdown/launcher update.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, viech54 said:

I didn't like Fall Guys that much to the point that I left my stack mostly unfinished. How long would it take me to get the plat with the 'short time special events'? I don't want to add it to my account if there's a good chance I won't finish it again before server shutdown/launcher update.

Well it took me around 25 hours of playtime to get the :platinum: but since you're dependent on various events and items to appear it was around 1 month to complete it.

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

PSA:

As a heads up to everyone following this, I will be launching Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023 on Thursday December 1st. As with PDC 2022, all platinums for next year's challenge have to be popped in 2023, but posting the challenge on December 1st allows everyone to see the format of the challenge, come up with ideas for their list and sign up for the event. 

I'll also post here on that day and tag everyone that has partially completed this year's challenge or secondary lists to see if anyone is interested in finishing things up before the event closes on December 31st, 2022.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well it took me around 25 hours of playtime to get the :platinum: but since you're dependent on various events and items to appear it was around 1 month to complete it.

Thank you. 25 hours isn't that much, I'll keep it in mind. Maybe I will get this as my 10/10, possibly even this year.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:05 PM, Rebourne07 said:

PSA:

As a heads up to everyone following this, I will be launching Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023 on Thursday December 1st. As with PDC 2022, all platinums for next year's challenge have to be popped in 2023, but posting the challenge on December 1st allows everyone to see the format of the challenge, come up with ideas for their list and sign up for the event. 

I'll also post here on that day and tag everyone that has partially completed this year's challenge or secondary lists to see if anyone is interested in finishing things up before the event closes on December 31st, 2022.

Well damn, considering that you will add extra challenges next year...I will hold my 10/10 until then :D 

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023 is here!!!

There's still one month left of the PDC 2022 so I wanted to tag everyone that has a partially completed list to make sure everyone has a final chance to go for the finish line. If you are content with your current standing in this year's challenge that's ok too. We hope to see you in next year's challenge!

* If you have more progress than I'm showing, sorry, just link me to the post I missed and I'll update the leaderboards

** If I don't tag you and I should have, it might be because only display names tag and I have your PSN name written in the leaderboards

One clarification: Even though the deadline is still end of day December 31st, 2022...because time-zones are a thing I can accept platinum's that show in my zone up through the end of January 1st 2021. So any last minute finishers, please aim to complete your platinums by December 31st, 11:59pm in your time zone...but just in case that shows as Jan 1st in my time zone it'll still be counted. I figure anything that shows as January 2nd in my time zone is too late.

Gold Tier: @totakos1 @Xylobe @Syr_Rys @DrBloodmoney @victorrfuego @Bairuto @MD_91 @Specialcityman @D-E-U-S-X @Groudon9000

Gold Tier 2nd List: @Yuber6969 @Wurstmann69 @Copanele @BigE1286

Gold Tier 3rd List: @Pro_Ralph_12

Silver Tier: @toastyshinobi @Milkor_ @Banana_Sausage47 @Evil_Joker88 @masnevets @steveblazinggrin @DoctorDrPepper @Ben25BBB @BlueDevl_one @Hitman_Spinksy1

Silver Tier 2nd List: @TheCunchPuncher

Bronze Tier: @Gwendly @ZLordofAwesome @TheSlyGCooper @HOGIE13EIRE @Warpedsavior @xItsLesterx @Octanity99 @tigersfan3023 @PlutoRico @MrHealthy @WhisperingDusk @dawid123456 @Its_Ryder @stuthesheep @Koro249 @Boni_Neto @Hurricane_Tanya @Notenoughletters @MissShake @viech54 @Abraniell

Bronze Tier 2nd List: @LancashireLad87 @Kramers001

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

5th Update:

Because I rushed AC3 on my PS3 before the severs where closed down and then completely forgot it existed... I had not written it down as my number 5.

I think this it for my list, mostly because I don't think I can finish Yakuza 3 before the year is over and I don't feel like dealing with the others two right now. I think 7 out of 10 is not bad. It was a really fun event.

2705.png   1/10 - Telling Lies (PSNP) 07/23/2022

2705.png   2/10 - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PSNP) 02/01/2022

2705.png   3/10 - My Time at Portia (PSNP) 05/09/2022

2705.png   4/10 -  Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PlatPrices) 02/18/2022

2705.png   5/10 - Assassin's Creed III (PlaystationTrophies 5.66 average) 08/29/2022 

2705.png   6/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PSNP) 04/09/2022 

2705.png   7/10 - Yakuza 0 (PSNP) 02/01/2022

274e.png   8/10 - Yakuza 3 Remastered (PSNP)

274e.png   9/10 - Catherine (PSNP)

274e.png  10/10 - Injustice The Gods Among Us (PSNP)

I love all the additional badges for the next year event and I will be joining, got a few games in mind. Congratulations to everyone on their progress and my complete awe to those who started a second list... some even finished them, amazing work!

• Like 3