Vita's 7th anniversary event (event officially over)

This will probably be my last entry for the event. Yomawari Midnight Shadows is ready to pop! Much longer than the previous game, with more areas to explore (including some parts of the town from the first game even) and more postgame stuff to do, like befriending a certain nameless girl in the next town. Ghosts are much easier to deal with in this game, but conversely the bosses are a lot more of a pain, especially the final one with all those random meat dropping all over the place and instantly killing you. It's annoying having to run back every time and watch the same cutscene over and over again as you figure out the mechanics. The battle itself isn't that difficult, but unlike all the previous boss battles which required some skill, the final one felt more like random luck lol. The ending however feels like complete garbage to me.

Spoiler

I mean you go through all that shit and even end up losing your arm in the process, and what do you get in return? Nothing!!! Your best friend remains dead. At least in the first game you get to save your sister at the cost of losing an eye but in this one, you lose an arm and to add more insult to the injury, fail to save Yui. Seriously left a bad taste in my mouth

Isn't the whole point of playing games to aim for the best possible ending? Unlike certain games that reward you with a horrible, messed-up ending for achieving 100% completion. Almost as if the developers are telling you to go and get a life instead of slaving away for full completion (FFXIII-2 anyone?).

Ahh maybe that's why the final battle is so shitty and luck dependent. So you don't get to see the game's ending lol. Apart from that, YMW is still great and fun to play. No annoying trophies to deal with, like the chicken quest or playing for 50 hours. There are loads of mysteries in both towns. Like collecting all the strange parts and throwing them into a shiny glowing circle of light, will cause an actual UFO to appear! Leaving behind a mysterious glowing rock, which upon taking to your room will result in someone ringing your doorbell. But upon exiting the house there is no one in sight except for a cassette player lying on the ground. Who left it behind????? The aliens? The spirits? I know! It must be ghost aliens! After completing a certain deceased dog's event you get a cassette which allows you to listen to 2 nice tracks in your room.

In both games, the tutorial ends on a shocking note and plays a significant role that will only be explained near the end. If you are going to play YMW, then don't forget what happens in the tutorial cuz near the end of the game...............

• Like 2

I managed to finish up the last DLC in Muramasa Rebirth last night. I'd say the most difficult one was 'A Cause to Daikon For', purely because I didn't like his playstyle as much as the others. They also seemed to nerf his ability to gain money, so it was harder to get the items I wanted. Out of all the DLC, there were only a couple of bosses that gave me some trouble on Fury. I managed to beat most of them in an hour or less. I must say, the self-contained stories each DLC had were great! I really enjoyed them.

I'll be moving onto the main game now. Unfortunately, my original save from when I started the game back in 2014 seems to be lost in the ether, so I'll have to beat each character's campaign again. I could have sworn I downloaded my old save when I started playing the game again but I guess not. It's not the end of the world, though. It shouldn't slow me down too much. I have about two weeks before the deadline which should be enough time.

• Like 2

A small personal progress update

Besides playing the DLCs for Marvel's Spider-Man (which were kinda disappointing :| ) and spending quite a bunch of too much time in the various Forza-games (I'm really enjoying Horizon 4 :awesome: ) I focused on London Detective Mysteria for the Vita.

By now I finished all routes for the three love interests Holmes, Watson and Akechi. I also got the three endings that aren't related to any of the love interests. Now I'm only missing the routes for Jack and Lupin and afterwards all that's left are the epilogues. I hope to finish them by the start of next week so I can try to go for Axiom Verge afterwards.

Overall there's a few parts I really liked so far but overall I would say it's your run-of-the-mill otome. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Day Of The Tentacle is ready to pop:)

Congrats. :)

Hope you enjoyed it. I noticed that you already earned a few trophies two years ago on the PS4 so it seems like you didn't like it at first, I guess?

5 hours ago, ex10097 said:

This will probably be my last entry for the event. Yomawari Midnight Shadows is ready to pop!

Nicely done.

TBH I only know the Yomawari-games from a few screenshots here and there and I thought it seems to be quite harmless but reading the content of the spoiler kinda surprised me. :o 

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Man - I gotta get on the ball here. 

If you still plan to Hyperdimension Re;Birth 1 you surely have to increase the pace but it's still doable. And you could also use it a second game for the Monthly Madness.

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I managed to finish up the last DLC in Muramasa Rebirth last night. I'd say the most difficult one was 'A Cause to Daikon For', purely because I didn't like his playstyle as much as the others. They also seemed to nerf his ability to gain money, so it was harder to get the items I wanted. Out of all the DLC, there were only a couple of bosses that gave me some trouble on Fury. I managed to beat most of them in an hour or less. I must say, the self-contained stories each DLC had were great! I really enjoyed them.

I'll be moving onto the main game now. Unfortunately, my original save from when I started the game back in 2014 seems to be lost in the ether, so I'll have to beat each character's campaign again. I could have sworn I downloaded my old save when I started playing the game again but I guess not. It's not the end of the world, though. It shouldn't slow me down too much. I have about two weeks before the deadline which should be enough time.

The second DLC surely feels a bit more challenging than the others (said the person that didn't finish any Fury-mode or speedruns :giggle: ) but personally I enjoyed Gonbe's playstyle. What gave me a big headache when I played the DLCs was the second (?) boss of the neko Okoi. And it also was kinda disturbing because of the various moves IIRC.

And good luck with the main game! :)

• Like 1

Update time I guess?

The first week of February is bizarre to me. I wrapped up Kingdom Hearts III and out of nowhere - Operation Abyss is ready to pop. I really thought that it will still take me at least one more week to wrap it up.... And then there is Hakuoki, still untouched and still sitting at 2/13 routes cleared.*shrug*

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats. :)

Hope you enjoyed it. I noticed that you already earned a few trophies two years ago on the PS4 so it seems like you didn't like it at first, I guess?

Thanks:). I honestly don't remember why i stopped playing. While i am not the biggest fan of this point and click (for me Grim Fandango was by far the better game) i enjoyed it. It was pretty funny but nothing that i will remember for a long time.

I've got an Update :) I prepared my 3rd game just recently: Cosmic Star Heroine. Fun little RPG. I played 2.5 times through because after beating the story a 2nd time i realised i missed two trophies although i was only aware of one (one obtainable within ~ 10 Min from start). No idea why the trophy guide didn't give any hint towards the Teamwork Trophy in the introduction :(

Edit: the only trophy left over is to win the first battle on the highest difficulty so that's done in a few Mins :)

Well now comes the hard part. 2064. At first i'll look for the quickest way to get all other trophies (hopefully it's only 1 more playthrough) and i'll the Iron Rom Trophy on Vita too...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

As of today there's less than two weeks left until the western anniversary starts. There's a whole bunch of people who have at least one game ready to pop. As of now there's 29 different users with 86 games ready to pop.

The three users with the most games ready to pop are @DamagingRob with 8 games and @Myu and @xFalionx with 7 games each! :dance: 

Still there's a whole bunch of people that didn't post a list nor posted any progress since they joined. It's not necessary to do any of that, but everyone that's now mentioned can take it as a small reminder that they are still part of the event and that there's not much time left to get any game prepared. But don't feel obliged to play a game just for the sake to participate in the event. It's a fun event and no competition after all. If you have other commitments they surely have a higher priority!

People that haven't posted any game so far (neither for the japanese nor western birthday)

@Satoshi Ookami @Deadpool--Rik @Dragon-Archon @Lovelost6rw @Kittet3 @vanillamoose @UItimate_Battler @sutayu00 @Metal Slime King @redknightalex @xJustKing (as you already platted Rocketbirds 2) @cerafinn

People who didn't post in a long time/didn't post any games for the western event/posted a list but didn't prepare any game so far/other reasons

@DrHambone @DocHolliday25 @Izul @Leenewbe @Caju_94 @K_Groove_NL @eigen-space (given current circumstances it's understandable) @Willreaper41 @viech54 @Phil @Devil_Max@Bos10George @diskdocx @AlchemistWer 

• Like 3

First time posting on my phone as my PC’s dead(it won’t let me login so it’s good as dead to me as it refuse to be fixed). I lost to Creed on Manic 2 times while being close to defeat him, now I have almost all needed gear just need Hisui’s Best headgear before I can take my sweet revenge on him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

I totally forget about the western anniversary. 1f613.png

I guess I should have written an earlier reminder post then. :P

Don't feel bad about forgetting it as you were still able to come up with a game for the japanese event. Maybe you will find something enjoyable and fast.

17 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@Crimson Idol, I probably won't be participating. Haven't had the time/energy for gaming in a while 1f613.png

Totally understandable after reading your one post in your 10TIHAG-event. Hope you won't suffer the problems until the childbearing and everything will go well for the upcoming months! :) 

14 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

First time posting on my phone as my PC’s dead(it won’t let me login so it’s good as dead to me as it refuse to be fixed). I lost to Creed on Manic 2 times while being close to defeat him, now I have almost all needed gear just need Hisui’s Best headgear before I can take my sweet revenge on him.

Sucks to hear that your PC kicked the bucket. Maybe you have some acquaintance that can help you. And good luck with Creed. Third time's a charm they say after all. ;)

9 minutes ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Norn9 Var Commons is ready top pop :)

I'm about halfway done with Sir Eatsalot then I'll be moving on to Reverie next.

Probably not going to have enough time for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 sadly :(

Congrats about Norn9 and about the progress in Sir Eatsalot. And hope you will have the endurance for the mine-section as you will need it! :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

The second DLC surely feels a bit more challenging than the others (said the person that didn't finish any Fury-mode or speedruns :giggle: ) but personally I enjoyed Gonbe's playstyle. What gave me a big headache when I played the DLCs was the second (?) boss of the neko Okoi. And it also was kinda disturbing because of the various moves IIRC.

And good luck with the main game! :)

I think I just prefer the more agile characters with their air-dash attacks and what not. Gonbe also started off rather useless until you unlock some of his abilities (understandable I guess since he's a farmer). Oh yeah, the Haunted Mansion boss fight? I was expecting to have a lot of trouble with that one on Fury considering how many different phases there, but surprisingly, I managed to beat it in just a couple of tries. I was pretty happy with my performance on that one. :D

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I guess I should have written an earlier reminder post then. :P

Don't feel bad about forgetting it as you were still able to come up with a game for the japanese event. Maybe you will find something enjoyable and fast.

That is the problem, I already know which game could be my next platinum milestone, I could need a game now but I don't have another visual novel or fast game to play on vita. In any case I will looking for one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Sucks to hear that your PC kicked the bucket. Maybe you have some acquaintance that can help you. And good luck with Creed. Third time's a charm they say after all. ;)

My Dad is going to try to fix this weekend. btw defeated Creed on Manic, now to level up to 200 before the unknown fight.

• Like 1

@Crimson Idol I have the most games ready? Well, that's a surprise. Lol. I wouldn't mind having 10 Plats ready to go, but will have to see how it goes. Going through Sly 4 at a bit of a slow pace, or at least it seems that way to me. :P And yes, that's a second deviation from my list. :lol: I don't know if I want to play Blasting Agent on there (or at all), being the reason. 

Will likely try Lost Dimension after Sly 4, but it sounds like I may be relying on RNGesus being kind to me for that one. And more often than not, this isn't the case.. Backup options may be replaying a game with a Vita stack (Cosmic Star Heroine, God of War, Claire), or trying to find out why I dropped Rayman Origins all those years ago. Legends on the PS4 was great (other than the online grind). 

• Like 1

@Alternatewarning @diskdocx @Kittet3

Got your lists updated. 

12 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Let me know if the above games are eligible @Crimson Idol 1f60a.png

Yep, they are eligible. Got Death Mark added and removed the other games you initially mentioned.

11 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

That is the problem, I already know which game could be my next platinum milestone, I could need a game now but I don't have another visual novel or fast game to play on vita. In any case I will looking for one.

Maybe you will have some luck and there will some Vita-games on sale next week, although it seems to be that Vita-games are rarely on sale in the US-store. :hmm:

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Will likely try Lost Dimension after Sly 4, but it sounds like I may be relying on RNGesus being kind to me for that one. And more often than not, this isn't the case.. Backup options may be replaying a game with a Vita stack (Cosmic Star Heroine, God of War, Claire), or trying to find out why I dropped Rayman Origins all those years ago. Legends on the PS4 was great (other than the online grind). 

Have fun with Sly 4. It's IMO not as enjoyable as Sly 1 or 2 but I still prefer this over Sly 3. And if you enjoyed Rayman Legends you should surely give Origins another try, although it feels a bit more challenging.

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh yeah, the Haunted Mansion boss fight? I was expecting to have a lot of trouble with that one on Fury considering how many different phases there, but surprisingly, I managed to beat it in just a couple of tries. I was pretty happy with my performance on that one. :D

Yep, testicle raccoon and his minions. Given the various phases of the fight even a couple of tries sounds like a rather long time and you sure can be happy about getting him done. :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Have fun with Sly 4. It's IMO not as enjoyable as Sly 1 or 2 but I still prefer this over Sly 3. And if you enjoyed Rayman Legends you should surely give Origins another try, although it feels a bit more challenging.

Lol. Sly 3 was my favorite one. :P I am enjoying this one, but the masks and map trophy are a bit tedious.. Basically have to keep checking the lists for both every single mission, to make sure I don't miss any. :/ Also not a fan of any time I'm required to tilt my Vita. And then this happened during the 4th world boss fight: http://thevitalounge.net/2013/05/02/game-breaking-bug-in-sly-cooper/:shakefist: