Games you'd hate to see get more DLC Trophies

Sergen

Pretty much any game once I've gotten to 100% as I've got such a massive backlog of games to get through. Here are two though:

Rocket League - they keep releasing content and it annoys me. I never liked the game and only installed it because my friends wanted to team up, I enjoyed chatting more than actually playing this.

GTA V - another game I installed only because of friends and ended up doing the Heists and Doomsday with another dedicated team as you have to be dedicated, Doomsday sucked up so much of my time with it's ridiculous requirements for Masterminds, it was glitchy, the controls are painful, you had to switch between lobbies depending on whether you were doing prep's or set-ups. No-one enjoyed what we were doing. I thought Red Dead Redemption online was bad but this was on a whole new level, I've no interest in anything further from Rockstar.

• Like 2

I am going to say anything that is released long after the base game was shipped.

Borderlands 2 is a perfect example of this because I imagine most of you who played that game probably deleted it once you've earned all trophies. So a DLC pack that releases years later is rather annoying, what if you already sold off the game? You'll have to rebuy the game for completionist's sakes.

I gave Crash Bandicoot: Warped a pass because the DLC was offered for free and it was short enough to warrant a return to the game.

I also don't like DLC that is confined to just a couple trophies. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove has two free DLC packs that introduce two playable characters. Both have two trophies that require you to complete all challenges in the game, and both of these are basically platinum trophy because of the amount of work you have to do to earn them.

Assassins Creed Odyssey is even stretching things a bit because that game still cannot be fully completed because not everybody can do the feats. DLC is still being released and the game itself shipped out last October.

As if Final Fantasy 15 wasn't bad enough with it's horde of DLC, including Square making the game now unobtainable to 100 percent.

In short, I'm happier with no DLC. The only exceptions would be something like Dark Souls 3 DLC where they don't add additional trophies but is there purely for the enjoyment of the players. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has more or less the old school expansion pack style for it's DLC since it adds a significant amount to the overall story. It doesn't feel tacked on like most DLC.

Most DLC is really just a money making scheme because Season Passes are this generation's cash cow. Combine that with multiple Special Editions and you got yourself a money maker. Just not in a good way.

• Like 3

A harder question for me, because I go 100% only with games I enjoyed enough so returning back to them wouldn't be a bad thing, and dragging my completion % more in other games isn't going to bother me. There a few exceptions in common platinums like Sly 2 which I genuinely hate, but having a common unearned platinum gives me OCD.

But to be true, I'd not like to see any VITA games getting DLC (which probably won't happen) for a simple reason - when you delete the game, you'll lose all game content including your saves if you didn't back them up on Cloud/PC. DLC sometimes requires you to beat the game to access it, so have fun beating the game again only to be able to access DLC content.

The best example I can think of is Red Dead Redemption 2, specifically any online DLC trophies. I never want to touch that multiplayer ever again after getting all of the trophies related to that mode in the base game list. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, though... ?

But really, I would be annoyed if DLC trophies were added to pretty much any game I had completed years ago when I had the reasonable expectation that support for it had ended. I'm a kind of trophy hunter who likes waiting for all the DLC in a game to be released before I tackle it all at once. I find it to be a much better experience when I don't have to keep waiting between new content drops, requiring me to familiarise myself with the game each time. So yes, the whole DLC situation with Borderlands 2 ticked me off a bit recently considering how I got the 100% for it all the way back in 2015, but of course any opinion on the matter that isn't "OMG HYPEEEE" completely baffles the fanbase.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

Final Fantasy XV 

The game has nearly 100 Trophies, some of them you can't get anymore unless you intentially use an older version of the game

Final Fantasy XV: Comrades Stand Alone

I really do not like this game. Some of the content current requires days to farm necessary material to properly upgrade gear for certain encounters, not to mention, the need to min/max to have a realistic chance at finishing one of the last fights. If it weren't for... questionably high stated characters playing online at late night times, I doubt many people would finish this game

EA StarWars Battlefront II

The game recently had unit level caps increased, it might (maybe) get account levels to increase at a later date as well. My fear is that we get a trophy that requires an account to reach level 100. There was one such trophy in the first game. In this game though the exp that would be required to get to level 100 would be substantial. At this time it takes close to 250k exp to level up from level 44 to 45, an average player will get somewhere between 8-12k exp/game with a game lasting 7-9 minutes or so.

Needless to say, it is very slow going and I don't even want to think how much exp a level 100 trophy would need x.x

Edited by Dreggit

If Monster Hunter World adds trophies for Iceborne expansion coming later this year, I could live with it, given that I’m still playing through the game now and I will be by the time the expansion launches.

However, if it adds a trophy requiring gold crowns for all the new monsters, I’m gonna have to pass on that DLC trophy list ? I’m already doubting whether I should go for gold crowns in base game, it certainly would kill my enthusiasm to go for 100% if I had to do the same for the DLC

I don't mind dlc trophies so much as I have a few games where I'll not only never unlock them, but never be able to own the dlc without having to make a foreign account (Gundam Breaker 3). And to me it is just not worth the hassle. I pretty much only care about the base game's trophies, and even then I'm starting to care less.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne - No DLC trophies needed because I'm sure there are millions of MH fans out there that couldn't care less. Capcom will get their money regardless.

Ni No Kuni 2 - It's too late, but I ordered the Prince edition, which states "two forthcoming game expansions offering hours of bonus gameplay", which I thought would be added story and a few boss fights. I don't really like heavily dungeon-styled DLC. There's also a lot of min-maxing of equipments and level grinding I'm not prepared to do at the moment.

Tales of Zestiria Alisha's Story - Another dungeon-heavy DLC trophy list. It only takes 5 hours to complete, but I'd rather play something else.

Tales of Arise (releases 2020) - The Bandai Namco Tales of team better not get any ideas. I hope they learned from Zestiria.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2