RealM722's Trophy Cabinet

realm722

Oh man...I forgot to press reply xD 

I heard a lot of great things about Undertale (and I saw the oddly disturbing SuperEyepatchWolf video too about it). However this might be the only game that I will never play on principle ?

My sister terrorized me with this sentence "you have to play this game omg it's the best shit ever"  for so long that I promised every time she raves about Undertale I will delay my gameplay by one year.
I think I reached 265 years (more or less), which...I think it's outside my lifespan unfortunately.

Had to share this story, because it's kinda Undertale-ish. Glad you enjoyed the game! 

• Like 3

On 23/10/2022 at 6:01 AM, realm722 said:

I'll be taking a bit of hiatus for the next few weeks but hope to come back with a vengeance in November. See y'all then!

Not gonna lie, this genuinely upset me. This is my favourite checklist to read on the slow days at work!

Congrats on Undertale btw! I read the piece even though I haven't played it, may eventually get to it but like @Copanele has said, the hype around it and the almost obsessive nature of some of it's fans really did put me off. Megalovania might be enough of a banger to get me to play though.

Enjoy your time away, but come back with plenty of reviews when you do!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 5:32 AM, HelixNebula_x said:

Not gonna lie, this genuinely upset me. This is my favourite checklist to read on the slow days at work!

Congrats on Undertale btw! I read the piece even though I haven't played it, may eventually get to it but like @Copanele has said, the hype around it and the almost obsessive nature of some of it's fans really did put me off. Megalovania might be enough of a banger to get me to play though.

Enjoy your time away, but come back with plenty of reviews when you do!

It's been....5 years since I played Undertale and I remember it being fun, but honestly not super ground breaking. I didn't know there was a cult following around it until I read these comments, but I would still give it a go. It's a pretty quick game. The encounters were always fun with a little bit of a challenge.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 9:05 PM, realm722 said:

Game: Party Golf

You will inevitably have the hilarious conundrum of having 4 active controllers in your vicinity for certain trophies. I had 2 PS5 and 2 PS4 controllers. These are the sorts of secret, dark, hidden underbelly aspects of trophy hunting that no one wants to talk about. Imagine someone walking in on you while you're quickly aiming and firing with all 4 controllers at once juggling them between your two hands like some sort of recluse desperately trying to recreate what this game could feel like if you had any sort of human companion. Make sure you rub the soap in extra deep next time you shower to get the stink off.

:lol: Can't help but question my life choices a bit any time I'm juggling more than one controller for the sake of a trophy 

I've almost bought this a few times between the very cheap price it's often available for and being a casual golf fan but I know I'm lying to myself if I said liking golf would be my primary reason for playing it, co-op games can really be a gold mine for easy low rarity trophies if you can be shameless about it

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Huh, I'd seen that game on sale a few times but I think I kept associating it with the one or two other indie roadtrip games I see that are decidedly mediocre. I'll definitely have to give it a look in the future!

Me when I there's a person who hasn't played Road 96 yet:

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

Why Road 96? A lot of times I don't have a very interesting for how I discovered a game. Either I found it on sale and thought it looked decent so I took a flyer on it or I've been coveting a game for a while due to seeing a trailer that intrigued me. Road 96 is incredibly different. I had never heard of this game in my life. Yet, one day, while reading one of @Charizarzar's wonderful Member Interviews (in this case @breakingthegreen) they mentioned it amongst their Top 5 games. I had heard of Super Mario Galaxy, Heavy Rain, Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild, & Life is Strange but to find a game I'd never heard of that was available on modern hardware... I immediately added it to my wishlist! Let the fairly cupcake platinum rarity be damnded. If it ended up being a total trainwreck, I'd be able to make a verbose rant about being buyer beware of taking random recommendations in the future. Instead, I think I can add myself to the list of unpaid spokesman who are gonna advertise this game at every possible turn given how remarkably unique it is. 

Yay, I've influenced someone. Happy to not have wasted your time :) 

• Like 2

Bugger, yes I did.  I had tried to make the gif of "best boy" Jarod pointing a gun, hopefully it worked this time.

19 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Did you mean to embed something?

(edit) It did not work, pretend I was being jokingly threatening over something that doesn't matter...

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

4070270-game-awards-2022-how-to-watch.jp

I Recap The 2022 Game Awards So You Don't Have To

Bonjour everyone. Last night (December 8th, 2022) (Thursday) was The Game Awards 2022. An event unlike any other where hundreds of thousands of gamers huddle into their favorite Twitch streamer's channel and snarkily critique every cringe moment on stage down to the most minute detail. Everybody screams "SILKSONG" at every World Premiere and ResidentSleeper's every time a premiere plays for a game they may not have any interest in. I personally enjoyed the showing as I do every year with my favorite Canadian father of four, Joseph Anderson. It was fun as always. Still, I noticed I always have difficulty remembering how "good" a Game Awards show is given everything tends to blend together once time passes. I've decided to combat this effect by cataloging every notable moment in this post. I've done it in the past for E3 2021 and Summer Games Fest 2022

LINK TO THE FULL STREAM SO YOU CAN JUMP TO EXACT MINUTE WITH EASE

(26:15) That's such a.... bold decision for a dress as the main presenter for the pre-show. 

(35:44) Wait... Sifu is a fighting game? No it isn't?

(37:12) WORLD PREMIERE - Hellboy Web of Wyrd. Not interested. Kinda looks like an indie project for a big IP. Maybe it's fine. Never cared for Hellboy media. 

(40:39) WORLD PREMIERE - Horizon VR Call of the Mountain. Not interested. Don't own VR. Prolly never will. Hope it's good tho, just to help the medium keep progressing.

(41:15) WORLD PREMIERE - Post Trauma. Not interested. Too spooky for my taste. The protagonist reminds me of the guy from Whale Wars.

(42:17) WORLD PREMIERE - Viewfinder. Has my curiosity. That looks neat as hell but I wonder if its extremely gimmicky and just a brisk 2-3 game at most. 

(43:38) - Atomic Heart. Man... while that game looks weird as hell, my gut tells me its gonna be a janky disaster that gets torn apart. Maybe I'm wrong. 

(44:38) - Scars Above. I swore that was just Returnal DLC. Not really my lane of interest but I guess it could be okay.

(48:43) - WORLD PREMIERE - After Us. Not interested. The game is not for me. The environments look gorgeous. The protagonist model looks... rough. 

(58:07) - WOOOOOOO GEOFF! WE LOVE GEOFF!

(1:01:06) - That's crazy they got Al Pacino for this. Like... of all actors. Glad to see he's doing alright for 82 years of age.

(1:04:20) - AWARD - Man... Judge was phenomenal as Kratos but I feel like the range from Manon Gage for Immortality should have won it. She's phenomenal. 

(1:13:25) - lmao Geoff nicely done

(1:13:57) WORLD PREMIERE - Hades II. LET'S FREAKING GOOOOOO!!!! I will play literally anything Supergiant Games makes. Best announcement of the night. 

(1:16:58) WORLD PREMIERE - Judas. Ehh... never cared for the Bioshock series. Hope it's good for those who love that sorta thing though. 

(1:19:10) WORLD PREMIERE - Bayonetta Origins. lmao. I can't imagine how upset some fans must be for the genre switch-up.

(1:26:20) Hozier is decent I guess. I'm just not really the target audience for musical performances during these sorta award shows.

(1:31:46) AWARD - Never heard of Norco. Feels kinda whack that Stray won. Think Vampire Survivors or especially Neon White deserved it. 

(1:35:46) Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League. The more I see of the game... I have my doubts. Rocksteady did incredible work but I dunno man, just bene too long.

(1:46:45) Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. Should I play the original? I can play it for $5 via EA Play. I've heard it's like... baby's Dark Souls. Maybe the sequel is an even bigger hit.

(1:50:45) WORLD PREMIERE - Earthblade. Mmm... Celeste won the hearts of many (I enjoyed it, didn't love it). Curious if this does too. I'll probably play it.

(1:52:40) WORLD PREMIERE - Dune Awakening. AN MMO??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? There's no way that gets canned within one year of its release window.

(1:59:25) WORLD PREMIERE - Death Stranding 2. I still haven't played the original. I still appreciate Kojima. I hope it's awesome for those who love it!

(2:08:30) AWARD - Elden Ring has no business being nominated. The category in general is shockingly weak. Games need better stories.

(2:21:30) AWARD - Happy to see this category was given some spotlight. Haven't heard of any of them aside from As Dusk Falls but I'd like to check some of them out.

(2:24:47) WORLD PREMIERE - Baldur's Gate III. Ayy look it's a game trying to impersonate Divinity Original Sin II's success! (This is a joke) 

(2:32:05) Sky: Children of Light. This game just came to PS4/5 Users this past week. I def wanna check it out. It's an incredibly novel concept.

(2:37:07) WORLD PREMIERE - Diablo IV. Not interested. Not for me. Anyone who still trusts Blizzard at this point has Stockholm syndrome. 

(2:42:06) WORLD PREMIERE - Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores. Hell yea, I'll happily go back and play more as Aloy with some fresh DLC. (trophies too pls)

(2:44:50) AWARD - Not My Game Award. Neon White or Sifu deserved it. HELL, WHERE THE HELL IS MY ROLLERDROME???

(2:48:37) WORLD PREMIERE - Blue Protocol. Looks anime as hell. Looks gorgeous as hell. If it gets rave reviews, I may check it out.

(2:58:07) I think the Super Mario movie is going to be fun and the biggest thing people are gonna lambast is Chris Pratt is Mario. Poor guy.

(3:04:09) WORLD PREMIERE - Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden. Holy crap the folks who made LiS made a game that gorgeous? I have SERIOUS doubts about the action being good.

(3:12:50) - When the comedy is so cringe it actually circles back over itself and becomes hilarious. 

(3:15:07) - Whenever I see these ladies all I can think of is when they spit all over an obnoxious Twitch chatter during one of their streams

(3:21:00) WORLD PREMIERE - Crime Boss: Rockay City. I can literally see into the future and see Dunkey's 3 million+ view video on this game clowning it for all its glitches.

(3:28:20) AWARD - I, just as everyone, love Reggie. There's just something awesome about him man. Good on Elden Ring for winning.

(3:31:30) WORLD PREMIERE - Cybperunk2077: Phantom Liberty. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY GOT IDRIS ELBA FOR SOME BLOODY DLC. I'll watch that.

(3:33:40) WORLD PREMIERE - Armored Core VI. Are these games actually any good? Will this be most people's first AC game just cuz FromSoftware is a big boi developer now?

(3:40:45) Final Fantasy XVI. Of all hyped games, I think FF16 is legit going to be the one that puts the franchise "back on the map". Looks absolutely sensational.

(3:44:40) GOTY AWARD - lmao, classic Josef. Love the musical presentation they do honoring all the nominees. Elden Ring deserved it due to cultural significance. Well done. 

(3:53:00) The most talked about moment of the night. Orthodox rabbi Bill Clinton shoutout. Good thing it was just a trolly kid and not someone who wanted to hurt Miyazaki. 

So there you have it! Overall I would rate the awards a solid 7.5/10 in terms of enjoyment and I bet the 10th Year Anniversary in 2023 will be even more ridiculous. Cheers Geoff!

• Like 4

Looks like I'm in for a treat since I just bought Paradise Killer on sale a few days ago! Also planning on renting The Forgotten City sometime in the near future. And kudos to you for getting the Civ 6 100% - that's a colossal undertaking, but definitely a fun one.

Looks like it's been a productive year for you overall with 52 platinums; not a bad number at all. Unless I platinum something in the next week (which isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility) I'll be a few behind you at 48.

• Like 1

That's what I like to see. My GOTY in 2019 at #2 and my GOTY in 2021 at #4. (And the game I just started tonight as third worst, oh no...)

Definitely need to play Hades. It's been sitting on my shelf all year. I'll get to Desperados III and Civ VI (maybe) once I have more time. Unpacking and Katamari are on my watch list. I'll probably play Rollerdrome because of you.

Yuki would've been my best girl, but Veronica is a good choice. I don't know who this non-Mugen character is as best dude.

And yeah, Undertale is a no-brainer for best soundtrack. That had to make that award easy.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, realm722 said:

miwGOQx.jpg

RealM722's Games Played in 2022 Year-In-Review

Mah man! Excellent work?

By the way, I am not surprised that you know your exact word count from the year given what a meticulous dude you are, but damn. That's impressive. I don't even know how many reviews I wrote, much less how many words they got?

The reason why I like to include previous years' posts at the end of these is it helps me compare the overall quality on a year-to-year basis.

I maaaayyyyyy possibly definitely steal this.

Easiest Game              Hardest Game             Grind of the Year

1L84f64f.png --- 1Ld55f52.png --- 1L42d689.png

Bruh you and the good Doctor got Unpacking in my backlog, that one's getting busted out when it's time to chill? Also huge props to all the Persona completionists out there, that shit looks time consuming as fuck.

Most Innovative             Bang for Buck              Lost Potential

1L73d36c.png --- 1L51a884.png --- 1Lca8468.png

As much as I love Katamari, for whatever reason that last trophy had me like a claustrophobic person in a crowd, like "I gotta get the fuck out of here." A big, loud high five from me to you for handling that shit as swiftly as you did, man.... it definitely deserves its placement here. And yeah, that soundtrack is primo, primo!

Best Man                      Best Woman                Best Animal

BTHAv6y.jpg --- O1IVnqG.jpg --- 1L16fcab.png

Galerius is giving me huge problems in the character award department, man... he's not just a great dude, but he's a great mechanism as well. How does anyone else compete with that??

Best Game of 2022

1L3fcd65.png

Man. Yeah, I gotta play Hades.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2022 at 7:11 PM, Cassylvania said:

Definitely need to play Hades. It's been sitting on my shelf all year. I'll get to Desperados III and Civ VI (maybe) once I have more time. Unpacking and Katamari are on my watch list. I'll probably play Rollerdrome because of you.

*Highly* recommend Civ VI with the caveat that you may want to hold off on it if you're still playing on a base ps4, as even on PS5 turns can take a while to go through and the game can hitch up.

It's not a terrible 100% though; a lot of trophies just require some elaborate setup and are easy once you have a guide for them. Didn't take too long, all things considered - my 100% (sans some trophies I earned years ago) took me ten days, though granted they took almost *all* of those ten days, so you do need to set a bit of time aside for it. Civ VI is definitely a worthy entry in the franchise, though, and made my top games this year.

• Like 2

On 24/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, realm722 said:

That's where you'll find all the chaos and crackheads on this forum. But over here? Hope y'all can kick up your feet and enjoy a relaxing drink while talking some games. Whether you're a regular around and I'm used to seeing your face or just passed through once since you were integral in helping with a guide that I appreciated, thank you! See y'all in 2023!

100% agree. It feels great to just be considered as being welcome in a sphere of people that are authentic and who appreciate (and analyse) the eclectic range of games available to us. That brings me to my next point:

I wrote A LOT about games this year. (110,692 words to be exact).

I felt this. It's not only relatable due to how much I wrote myself, but more importantly how much I read of others' opinions and recommendations including your own. Thank you.

Games Played in 2022 Ranked

It's such a shamethat you didn't enjoy Unpacking as much as I thought you would.

Thank you for the culling Golf Club Wasteland and Wreckfest from my backlog, by the way. It does absolutely nothing to outweigh the egregious amount of games you've added to my wishlist (courtesy of every time I scout your profile), but it's kind of nice to occasionally strike something from the list.

Meanwhile, I'm so close on pulling the trigger on Paradise Killer... what isn't clicking?!?!

Is there anything in particular that you're desperately looking forward to playing in 2023?

• Like 3