rjkclarke's Carnival of Diamonds and Rust

rjkclarke

You tagged. I’m here. With a comment. Not about gaming, but about a particular World Championship that is being held right now. You know what I mean.. ?

I think O’Sullivan is on fire and now is the man to beat even though Robertson was the pre tournament favorite. I’m also very impressed by Williams and I loved to see Selby lose tonight. 

So what are your thoughts? Is it going te be a 7th world title for The Rocket?

Ps. The grind in Pure Pool is mind numbing.. ?

• Like 2

I'd like to take this opportunity to say I take any and all credit for the existence of this thread, and am expecting to be paid solely in pre-Reformation Dutch guilders, and not--I repeat--not worthless and scammy digital monkey pictures.

Happy birthday, bat mitzvah, vegetarian volcano god sacrifice day, or whatever the occasion was. No flash photography, please.

• Like 3

I'm happy to be here and to see my tag in the blue sea among such wonderful people. 

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

thank you

no u

Previously, I called this thread a comfy place. Now, I'll just say it's one of the best things about these forums, period. Thanks for the reviews, and thanks for creating a cool place for videogame dorks and cinema enjoyers to hang out.

like the time we all decided it was “Let’s all hate on Rise of Skywalker” day, that was really funny

Hah, funny how of all the memorable moments you've listed, this was the one I participated in ?.

Do I game less because of this thread? Yeah, I think so, but I don’t mind that one bit, (I’m not chasing leaderboards at all, never have been, I’m just trying to strike a healthy balance in my life as best as possible) it’s gotten me passionate about writing again, and I really love being able to shine a light or two on an obscure game, people might not have played otherwise.  Or end up getting a complete perspective change about one, like happened with NieR: Automata.

I've thought about the balance of consuming/creating recently. I'm not sure how it works. I just know that sometimes I feel the need to create something instead of spending time on other stuff. Glad you've got an outlet for your writing here ??.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

Happy birthday to rjkclarke's Canival of Diamonds and Rust ! 1,000th post flat out, that's a nice coincidence haha. It's funny cause my birthday was 5 days ago on April 19th so your checklist and I are like birthday week partners haha:yay:

As I said many times over, you were one of those people that inspired me to start my own checklist and write about the games I am playing. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that you inspired so I feel like you should get some of the credit for it. You say you feel confident that we can call each other friends and I agree with you. Maybe one day we will do a meet up between us from this section of the forums, would be nice to put a face on all those people we have been interacting with for the past few months, even tho it would be quite the struggle to organize since we are all scattered around the world haha.

I haven't read everything you've been posting recently so I need to catch up. I'm also keeping an eye on your upcoming reviews for both Arkham Knight and The Witcher. Also, since you mentioned films, did you watch the new Batman movie and if so I would like to get your opinion on it and how would you compare it to the Nolan trilogy. 

I hope life's been treating you well, let's keep in touch my friend ?

• Like 4

Aww shucks RJ, that was a wonderful post. Almost brought a damn tear to my eye. ? 

You’ve got a real gift for writing and I’ve always enjoyed reading your reviews and thoughts scattered around the forums, whether I comment or not. It’s people like you who keep me motivated and inspired to continue with my own gaming/trophy hunting journey and help broaden my horizons and discover new things. It’s exactly why I joined these forums in the first place. Here’s to hoping that year 2 is as successful and filled with memories as the first one. Keep it real buddy.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2022 at 9:49 AM, rjkclarke said:

It's a shame where I was, that I couldn't find myself a nice Starbucks to sit in and write on my laptop with, like when I used to do scriptwriting in a coffee shop (yes I realise that makes me a douchebag probably haha xD).

I used to write in bars until one day some dude walked by and muttered something to the effect of "Alright, Hemingway..."

I don't do that anymore?

Maybe hold off on the knitting - I worry I'd turn myself into a pin cushion.... and y'know we need our hands for gaming and such. Alright Shopgirl sounds like something to avoid then. I think the last book I read fully was Down and Dirty Pictures by Peter Biskind. I do recommend that one though, it's an amazing read if you're interested in American Independent Film (which I know you are).

Sold. And yeah, not only is Shopgirl bad, but it's a touch problematic - the whole 'wealthy middle aged man writes a novella about a wealthy middle aged man becoming a young woman's sex daddy' thing is off putting enough, but on top of that it isn't even written well!

Steve Martin love: -10%

On 3/28/2022 at 6:23 PM, rjkclarke said:

Classic Review

LH244852.jpg

Platinum #295

Erica (PS4)

You definitely got me thinking bout re-writing my Erica review???

Excellent work! I definitely overlooked the soundtrack and cinematography, you're absolutely right in highlighting those two aspects. But like it was your third worst, it remains in strong contention for my least favorite platinum!

On 3/31/2022 at 1:13 PM, rjkclarke said:

Platinum #348

Lords of the Fallen (PS4)

La9039a.png

You and your jank?

Sometimes you can work with a highly derivative game if it at least has enough charm or interesting enough lore to it... but it sounds like this game hits neither of these marks. Good to hear that the DLC more or less is able to pull the main game from the house fire that it caused by falling asleep with a cigarette in hand, but ultimately I gotta say thanks for playing this one so I didn't have to!

I got Salt and Sanctuary on deck anyway?

On 4/1/2022 at 6:37 AM, The_Kopite said:

@YaManSmevz If you do end up playing FFX in the future, let me know if my guide helps you a little at least! That'd be really nice :) 

Really looking forward to those FFX and FFX-2 reviews! Bring it on I say!

Looking forward to it, man! You are a hard working dude, props?

And yes!! F F X!! F F X!!

On 4/5/2022 at 6:55 AM, The_Kopite said:

Sounds the same with me. On 249 at the mo and trying to make RE2R 250 milestone, then it's time to rip through more games to trim this backlog lol 

That's a great #250! It was #20 for my novice trophy hunter ass? I felt that game had some glaring omissions and not everything was transferred over quite as well from the original, but I still thought the remake was phenomenal.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:55 PM, rjkclarke said:

Platinum #254

Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

L598da0.png

This game is a perfect example of having a wealth of great qualities and a lot of lofty ambition realized, but also deserving of every bit of shit talking it gets! You absolutely nailed both ends with this one, my hat's off to you!

Also David Cage, you tryin to get your plagiarism past Mr. Clarke?? Fuck you thinkin, dawg???

Dang. Hard to keep some of these brief, but I gotta keep this movin.. lotta territory to cover!

On 4/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, rjkclarke said:

Thanks man! I appreciate that.... Especially the David Cage thing, because I was really fighting with myself on that one. Poor Smevz was on the receiving end of a few messages late last night of "should I, should I not include this" type of thing haha?.... Ultimately I think I had to include it, it's a big part of my experiences with that game.

Poor nuffin. Any time, I gotchu!

So you'd go and grab the platinum for this monstrosity?

RE_Survivor_front.jpg

Oh FUCK NO. Still remember slogging through this thing on the PS1... ?

Nope - the minute I get the 100% nailed down on Dishonoured: Definitive Edition that bad boy is getting ripped open and played - I have put that game off for far longer than I should have. Especially when it's one I'm pretty much guaranteed to love, so that one is not going to stay sealed I'm afraid ? INSTANT DEVALUATION haha!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

For real though, I'm stoked to play the game, but dreading some of those DLC trophies I've read about?

On 4/7/2022 at 8:06 PM, rjkclarke said:

Platinum #349

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind (PS4)

Lc8f187.png

You made a sale, sir! I watched a few episodes of this show way back when but for whatever reason forgot about it entirely until reading this fine review of yours. Nick Cave only sweetens the deal, really!

On 4/9/2022 at 8:29 PM, Platinum_Vice said:

The big treefiddy

Heh??

On 4/17/2022 at 3:23 PM, rjkclarke said:

Platinum #10

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3)

L2c498c.png

That's fucking dope that you were able to write about this ten years (yeah, I'm signing off on this, fuck the technicalities) after making it your tenth plat. As an unashamed Musou game fan, I may have to do a little more digging on this guy! PS3 better watch out, I'ma be crammin all kinds of games up in him soon.

......yeah a lotta poorly chosen phrasing there, I apologize.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, rjkclarke said:

I think people would legitimately buy a stand-alone game of Triple Tri-

shutupandtakemymoney-money.gif

On 4/23/2022 at 3:09 PM, rjkclarke said:

First Year Anniversary & As It Turns out the 1000th Post

This One Is For All Of You, Thank You! So Much!

nier-nier-kaine-emil-weiss-visit-facade-

Can't tell you enough what a joy it's been to follow your thread, bullshit with you, and even finally getting around to playing something together! You and Doc were also the first peeps to pop up in support of my own thread, so you will always have a space in my shriveled gamer heart.

No seriously, I have angina pectoris.

......okay I made that last one up. But you know what I mean!

Very happy that you took the time to give us all a nice lil shout. The enthusiasm of your writing is simply unmatched (and there are a lot of wonderfully enthusiastic mafuckas round these parts) and watching you flex that skill has been an absolute treat. Even games I ain't give a fuck about and will probably never play, I read the whole damn thing because of how fun you make it feel to be along with you for the journey. 

44a71155-8ec1-46d6-8714-519139d15987_tex

In the words of the late John Holmes, apologies for the length! I tried to keep it as brief as possible, but a month, two pages, and all these reviews was a tall order (plus I'm 90% sure I accidentally deleted a quoted post). All love my dude, and as always I can't wait for the next one?

P.S. So what're we co-opping next??

• Like 4

161690453_a2cf9a.gif

Just replace Anderson, with I don't know..... erm.... Smevington, it's after 4AM for me, and my brain isn't too sharp right now. That's the downside to finishing a game you get really engrossed in and not looking at a clock or my phone for hours.

'm going to regret that decision tomorrow I bet. I didn't have anything particularly substantial to do today, nothing that I couldn't put off for a bit,  but I did want to watch Snooker, so better get and prop my eyelids open with matchsticks later today after a tiny bit of sleep.  ?

Either way, welcome back!

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

I used to write in bars until one day some dude walked by and muttered something to the effect of "Alright, Hemingway..."

I don't do that anymore1f604.png

That guy sounds like a first class chode!

I always found it a little easier not to get distracted, if I wasn't trying specifically to write something at home, there's too many options around to distract myself with ?.... as you can imagine that is a problem that I still suffer from a great deal haha!

Sold. And yeah, not only is Shopgirl bad, but it's a touch problematic - the whole 'wealthy middle aged man writes a novella about a wealthy middle aged man becoming a young woman's sex daddy' thing is off putting enough, but on top of that it isn't even written well!

Steve Martin love: -10%

Oh, that is a shame, a real unsettling creepy shame?...... I feel like the only response to a badly written book by Steve Martin is to say..... Well, that sounds more like Shit than Shinola.

You definitely got me thinking bout re-writing my Erica review1f604.png1f604.png1f604.png

Excellent work! I definitely overlooked the soundtrack and cinematography, you're absolutely right in highlighting those two aspects. But like it was your third worst, it remains in strong contention for my least favorite platinum!

Thanks a lot man!

I really do think those areas of Erica are incredibly strong, that isn't me just trying to over-exaggerate the positives either.  It's just a shame everything else sort of falls apart a bit. Especially the more you're forced to play it, because that's the burden we put on ourselves as completionists I suppose.

That's totally fair as well that it's in the running for your least favourite platinum. If I was making a list of least enjoyable platinum's in might even make my own one too. Shame really, but the actual process of getting the platinum really isn't a particularly enjoyable one, which I couldn't ignore. And  is probably why that review ended up putting a few people off with that review perhaps xD

You and your jank1f602.png

Sometimes you can work with a highly derivative game if it at least has enough charm or interesting enough lore to it... but it sounds like this game hits neither of these marks. Good to hear that the DLC more or less is able to pull the main game from the house fire that it caused by falling asleep with a cigarette in hand, but ultimately I gotta say thanks for playing this one so I didn't have to!

I got Salt and Sanctuary on deck anyway1f60c.png

Ain't that the truth! That's a pretty great analogy too! I like it.

My love of jank is probably going to lead me to a fair few more games that might fall in the Lords of the Fallen-esque bracket in the future too, but I don't mind that. Occasionally I find something that I really love amongst that jank, so it's never all bad.

I had fun with Lords of the Fallen for sure, but it definitely is one of those I'd struggle to recommend unless people REALLY had the interest in playing it. As you've got Salt and Sanctuary on deck, from all that I've heard that might well be the better option.

This game is a perfect example of having a wealth of great qualities and a lot of lofty ambition realized, but also deserving of every bit of shit talking it gets! You absolutely nailed both ends with this one, my hat's off to you!

Also David Cage, you tryin to get your plagiarism past Mr. Clarke?? Fuck you thinkin, dawg???

Dang. Hard to keep some of these brief, but I gotta keep this movin.. lotta territory to cover!

Cheers again man!

I know, that's the weird thing isn't it...... It is undeniably a really good game I think. Like, objectively, it just IS  VERY GOOD. Then there's all the things you really can't ignore that are equally very stupid or not as well realised as it should be, so I find in my case I always end up talking about it like "I really like it, but........."

You bet I'm going to call out that kind of plagiarism! I think that's going to rear its ugly head in a few other reviews at some point down the line, but it is what it is.

speaking of hats off..... Hats off to you my friend, for actually responding to all of these, it does not go unnoticed!

Oh FUCK NO. Still remember slogging through this thing on the PS1... ?

It wasn't Resident Evil's Finest moment for sure!

More importantly dude...... are you Vincent? Am I Vincent? OR was it the 1991 Denver Bronco's...... Oh wait that's something else ?

For real though, I'm stoked to play the game, but dreading some of those DLC trophies I've read about1f62c.png

You and me both, but I've told myself that I won't allow myself to play Dishonoured 2 until I've done them, so that's hopefully going to be a nice motivator! I think you'll really dig Dishonoured. I loved it, and I have no excuse for never going back to it for so long.

You made a sale, sir! I watched a few episodes of this show way back when but for whatever reason forgot about it entirely until reading this fine review of yours. Nick Cave only sweetens the deal, really!

Yes! That's what I like to see.... As many people jumping on that awesome Peaky Blinders game as possible. I'm going to try and refrain from turning into an overbearing fan and telling you all the reasons you should watch it...... BUT ?..... we did recently talk about old school British Mobster movies and that series kind of fits the bill...... I'll shut up now, before I turn into the overbearing fan I said I wouldn't.

Glad we'll likely be seeing a Smevz flavoured review of Peaky Blinders: Mastermind in future though! Looking forward to that one.

That's fucking dope that you were able to write about this ten years (yeah, I'm signing off on this, fuck the technicalities) after making it your tenth plat. As an unashamed Musou game fan, I may have to do a little more digging on this guy! PS3 better watch out, I'ma be crammin all kinds of games up in him soon.

......yeah a lotta poorly chosen phrasing there, I apologize.

I missed the boat on doing a ten years on one with Final Fantasy XIII-2, which is kind of a shame, as I have a little bit of a fond personal history with that game, it's one of the things that really grew my love for sound design, but I'll just mention it whenever I review it.

I did think it was a cool little coincidence, that Ten years was coming up on my tenth platinum, so that one just seemed, right I suppose haha! If you're unashamed Musou fan, you'll probably have a good time with this one, problem is its really expensive, so don't go searching it up if you've had the odd drink or two, or you might find your wallet hurting afterwards xD

I'm a little scared you're going to end up making me pick another Musou title up when you dive into your PS3 backlog.

Can't tell you enough what a joy it's been to follow your thread, bullshit with you, and even finally getting around to playing something together! You and Doc were also the first peeps to pop up in support of my own thread, so you will always have a space in my shriveled gamer heart.

No seriously, I have angina pectoris.

......okay I made that last one up. But you know what I mean!

Very happy that you took the time to give us all a nice lil shout. The enthusiasm of your writing is simply unmatched (and there are a lot of wonderfully enthusiastic mafuckas round these parts) and watching you flex that skill has been an absolute treat. Even games I ain't give a fuck about and will probably never play, I read the whole damn thing because of how fun you make it feel to be along with you for the journey. 

44a71155-8ec1-46d6-8714-519139d15987_tex

In the words of the late John Holmes, apologies for the length! I tried to keep it as brief as possible, but a month, two pages, and all these reviews was a tall order (plus I'm 90% sure I accidentally deleted a quoted post). All love my dude, and as always I can't wait for the next one1f44a.png

P.S. So what're we co-opping next??

Thank you so much man! I feel like I've said this or words thereabout  a whole bunch the last few days, but when you post something like this I really do feel like a lucky sum'bitch ?... MMhmmm.

Likewise dude, it has been an absolute blast over the last however long it's been, getting to know you better, whatever form it's taken, hopefully next time we play a game together, it won't consist of just shooting each other in the face in Africa ?.... I'm sure we'll find something to jump in and do some co-op with. 

I'm all for more bullshitting around too, I think I've dropped plenty in this post already, might as well make the most before my brain drops out of one of my ears, and I have to keep my eyelids propped open with Matchsticks or something ?

Haha! Yep, we sure were I was really pumped when you started your own thread, you'd already cracked me up a fair few times with some of your posts, so I was definitely all in on that one! I'm sure like me, Doc probably knew he was in for a good time with your thread, and you sure haven't let us down yet, nor will you! Then  I posted a video from Resident Evil 7 of someone being punched in the face to be "welcomed to the family son" ?? (real nice Rob haha) . Back when you had a Moe Szyslak avatar, and I still had the same one. Although I have been thinking about changing it to old Underpants Face.

I had a read of some of our early interactions when I was trying to gather all of that list of awesome people to thank  together, and it's kind of funny really, how different it reads from both of us, compared to now. If anything being part of this part of the forums has probably brought both of us out of our shells a whole lot more I'd say, and let's be honest that can only really be a good thing.

You all absolutely deserved that shout out, it's the least I could do really. I'm always going to try and be positive wherever and whenever I can. Wallowing in negativity isn't all that fun, and certainly I wouldn't want people to have to read about it.

That means a whole lot that you actually read everything. I don't expect anyone to read every single thing, so I really do appreciate that. I pretty much read every single thing a whole lot of you awesome folks post too, and if I don't it's almost certainly for spoiler reasons and I fully intend to go back and read it eventually.

Hey don't apologise about the length of your post man, you've told me not to do that about three hundred times at this point....

Let's just call it your incredibly welcome and triumphant return, with an awesome post!

Thanks again man!

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Likewise dude, it has been an absolute blast over the last however long it's been, getting to know you better, whatever form it's taken, hopefully next time we play a game together, it won't consist of just shooting each other in the face in Africa 1f602.png.... I'm sure we'll find something to jump in and do some co-op with. 

Haha... good to know its not just me that likes to piss around killing co-op partners for a laugh. I don't feel quite as broken anymore. ?

Anyways congrats on the milestone RJ. Looking forward to seeing what the next year of this thread brings!

• Like 2

Dear god Easter "holiday weekend" is over, I can finally get back on my laptop and reply properly without my phone going boom:

On 4/24/2022 at 1:09 AM, rjkclarke said:

First Year Anniversary & As It Turns out the 1000th Post

This One Is For All Of You, Thank You! So Much!

nier-nier-kaine-emil-weiss-visit-facade-

Thank YOU as well for being one of the most entertaining trophy checklist writer out there :D I absolutely love reading the constant influx of experiences, good games, bad games, "why do you like Lords of the Fallen?" games, NieR and Eurojank stuff xD Trophy checklists became like a safe haven on this site and you sir are one of the top contenders.

So again, many thanks for the entire thread, looking forward to the 2000th post 

man-gentlemen.gif

21 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That reminds me, I need to get back to Arkham Knight, I feel pretty confident that I'll end up going back to it as a result of @Copanele playing it at the moment, I'm sure that will probably get me nice and motivated to throw some Batarangs its way!

Oh yes please return to this one, just so we can post the review in parallel xD I am blitzing through the story (avoiding side content hurts me, but I need all gadgets anyway). You're pretty close to the 100% compared to me though, so I guess I would have to put in double the effort.

I'm also hoping to tackle that Witcher 3 review soon, as I've made you wait long enough for it.... I did write some bits of it, but I know that one is going to take a while to get written, it's got a whole lot to talk about. It's my favourite game of the PS4 generation, so I'm definitely going to enjoy the hell out of writing that one!

For that one I'd recommend an entire week of editing. I do expect Witcher 3 review to be something else entirely.

Hope I don't put too much pressure on you :awesome: your fault for writing good stuff!

I haven't seen the new Batman yet, but I think it's still in cinemas so I'll have to go and see it, I do want to see it, especially as I've heard it's a bit of a return to form for the Dark Knight on the big screen. I'll definitely let you know what I think of it when I've seen it, maybe I'll write a status update about it, and tag you in it, or a post in here about it, but I'll make sure to let you know!

Tag me too, should you watch it. I watched the movie and I think it's my favorite Batman since the Tim Burton ones. No crazy hidden message, no shotguns in sight, just Batman doing Batman shit!! It really felt like a TRUE Batman. All characters felt like they belong in the Batman universe.

The only downsides I'd say are the fact that the movie is long, which means you might get sore from sitting down for so long, and if there will be a sequel I doubt it would be as good xD 

Also sneaking in a super congrats for NieR Replicant. A proper milestone! 

• Like 3

Congratulations on your 1st year checklist anniversary!  You’ve been a major inspiration, and it’s been great fun watching your list develop.

Thanks for all the chats about trophy hunting, managing PC vs. PlayStation anxieties, and all around support.  Your reviews have been fantastic reads, even though I don’t reply as much as I’d like, I still absorb as much as I can.

Keep on keeping on, cheers!

• Like 2

779-BEAE6-51-DE-4913-B536-333-DF2321-F14

Congrats on the anniversary d'checklist, my friend!

I'm two days late, I know - the perils of birthdays falling on a weekend, when I have no computer time, and am all phone all the time - but as you well know already, this one is already in the pantheon of great checklist threads, sitting comfortabley aside the old-guard!

There's been no place I've learned more about Euro-RPG oddness (a personal gaming blind-spot), had more metal masturbatory waxing about Adventure games, gained more of an appreciation of audio in games (seriously, I don't think I every play anything now, without thinking about the foley work and the performances of the vocals!)... or encountered anyone who's knowledge of the more obscure side of cinema bests my own at every turn! ?

Top notch reviews make the checklist what it is of course, but also your unerring ability to look on the bright side, and find something to love in every game (well... almost every one!) is inspiring, refreshing and a pleasure to follow along with!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Haha... good to know its not just me that likes to piss around killing co-op partners for a laugh. I don't feel quite as broken anymore. 1f602.png

Anyways congrats on the milestone RJ. Looking forward to seeing what the next year of this thread brings!

Hard to fight the urge, right? xD

We were in the versus mode when we're doing that...... BUT I'm pretty certain if we hadn't been, that I wouldn't have been able to fight the urge to fire away! It's almost like a compulsion isn't it, when you see your buddy spinning around on the spot or absent mindedly wandering around the area you're in something just takes over and you think "FIRE AWAAAAAAAY, THIS WILL BE HILARIOUS" Some people react to that better than others though haha!

Thanks for the kind words though! I'm certainly looking forward to seeing where it goes!

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

Dear god Easter "holiday weekend" is over, I can finally get back on my laptop and reply properly without my phone going boom:

Thank YOU as well for being one of the most entertaining trophy checklist writer out there :D I absolutely love reading the constant influx of experiences, good games, bad games, "why do you like Lords of the Fallen?" games, NieR and Eurojank stuff xD Trophy checklists became like a safe haven on this site and you sir are one of the top contenders.

So again, many thanks for the entire thread, looking forward to the 2000th post 

man-gentlemen.gif

Thanks Copa!

Haha, for me phones and replies are a no-no as well. If my phone was sentient, it would surely turn violent at me, or overheat on purpose and burn my hand. Be helpful if my phone wasn't about as usseful as a fridge freezer in an igloo ?

Thanks so much for that, that's a hell of a compliment coming from you. Considering, as I've said before you were definitely one of the inspirations for me ending up starting my own one!

I'm so glad that you ended up requesting NieR as a review too, I have no idea when I would have done it otherwise, and as a result of looking over it in-depth, I probably discovered it's my favourite game, so thank you for that one!

You know - this is unrelated, but every time I've looked at that NieR image I used, I notice how startlingly different Kaine looks in Replicant, I don't think I'd really considered how much.

Oh yes please return to this one, just so we can post the review in parallel xD I am blitzing through the story (avoiding side content hurts me, but I need all gadgets anyway). You're pretty close to the 100% compared to me though, so I guess I would have to put in double the effort.

That would be really cool, if that happened..... I guess I've gotta get and review Arkham Asylum and City then in that case. So I'll try and do that in case the opportunity arises, that'd be awesome!

Some of the DLC you'll be able to blitz through really quickly. Especially the Batmobile ones, some of those probably won't take you more than about an hour each. And they're the vehicle side of the Batmobile not the tank side. I don't know which you personally prefer, but I prefer it as a drivable vehicle not all the combat they force on you, I would really prefer not to have so much of that.

I'd be surprised if it managed to get to the absolute minute, like that weird coincidence where @DrBloodmoney and I posted our respective Afterparty reviews to the exact same minute, that one was crazy.

For that one I'd recommend an entire week of editing. I do expect Witcher 3 review to be something else entirely.

Hope I don't put too much pressure on you :awesome: your fault for writing good stuff!

Tag me too, should you watch it. I watched the movie and I think it's my favorite Batman since the Tim Burton ones. No crazy hidden message, no shotguns in sight, just Batman doing Batman shit!! It really felt like a TRUE Batman. All characters felt like they belong in the Batman universe.

The only downsides I'd say are the fact that the movie is long, which means you might get sore from sitting down for so long, and if there will be a sequel I doubt it would be as good xD 

Also sneaking in a super congrats for NieR Replicant. A proper milestone! 

That's going to be a mammoth task Witcher 3, but one I'm looking forward to, so hopefully I can manage to deliver something readable on that one!

I will do! Damn that is high praise, that it's your favourite one since the Burton ones.... That is refreshing to see. I do like the Nolan ones, and I think I'll at least be able to look at it from a slightly unique perspective in that I don't have Superhero movie fatigue, or a blind love for them either. I haven't watched any of the Avengers films since the first one. I expect they're good, there is just so many of them that are interconnected, that they feel a little intimidating to get into at this point. So I tend to pick and choose which ones I watch these days. The last one that I really loved was Logan - which is honestly about as far from being a superhero film as you can get, it just happens to have people with Superpowers in it. So I'm looking forward to seeing The Batman, just for what it is, and making my mind up from there.

Thanks for the congrats on NieR, I ought to get to writing about that soon, but I just, I can't face it right now, I've never been so sad to finish a game before. Some games you think, I'm glad that's over, that one, was the complete opposite, but in a good way, I guess.

1 hour ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Congratulations on your 1st year checklist anniversary!  You’ve been a major inspiration, and it’s been great fun watching your list develop.

Thanks for all the chats about trophy hunting, managing PC vs. PlayStation anxieties, and all around support.  Your reviews have been fantastic reads, even though I don’t reply as much as I’d like, I still absorb as much as I can.

Keep on keeping on, cheers!

Thanks so much man!

Also, thanks for being the first person to pop by and leave a comment, I actually remember that day pretty well (or at least bits of it) I remember coming back from doing a crapload of gardening, and seeing the two notifications from you and Rocky. Put a nice big smile on my face that day I can tell you.  The one from Rocky really surprised me, because we've been friends on PSN for years and years at this point, so that was a definite surprise.

Any time man! getting to hear about some of your really awesome escapades you've had on PC has been a blast, which is why I've always tried to encourage you to post about those too, because they're absolutely worth sharing.

I don't reply as much as I like to plenty of threads (I'm going to make a point of changing that,) so I appreciate the fact you even do at all.

Thanks again dude!

25 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

779-BEAE6-51-DE-4913-B536-333-DF2321-F14

Congrats on the anniversary d'checklist, my friend!

I'm two days late, I know - the perils of birthdays falling on a weekend, when I have no computer time, and am all phone all the time - but as you well know already, this one is already in the pantheon of great checklist threads, sitting comfortabley aside the old-guard!

There's been no place I've learned more about Euro-RPG oddness (a personal gaming blind-spot), had more metal masturbatory waxing about Adventure games, gained more of an appreciation of audio in games (seriously, I don't think I every play anything now, without thinking about the foley work and the performances of the vocals!)... or encountered anyone who's knowledge of the more obscure side of cinema bests my own at every turn! ?

Top notch reviews make the checklist what it is of course, but also your unerring ability to look on the bright side, and find something to love in every game (well... almost every one!) is inspiring, refreshing and a pleasure to follow along with!

Thank you very much Doc.

I feel like we should all have been jumping into your thread yesterday and marking your one year anniversary too, I hope you do, but of course there's no pressure to, we all really appreciate your own awesome thread. 

I'll say a happy belated birthday now, and then if you make one, then I'll write a more detailed one ?. I sometimes forget that you're pretty much limited to your phone on the weekends. As a fellow person who knows the nightmares of trying to write anything lengthy on your phone, I can certainly understand why you'd perhaps put it off for a bit.

I feel like I owe you a hell of a lot for inspiring me to try and write better, and cleaner too, so I will always appreciate that, I really will. Getting to bounce ideas back and forth, or get a little perspective change, or just shoot the breeze in general has been a real joy, trust me. I'm so glad that you posted what you posted about the trophy shop in NieR: Automata, when I reviewed it, because as it turned out, complaining about it was pretty short sighted of me.

I got you covered on those EuroRPG strangesness ?, I'm sure we'll be seeing some more of those crop up from time to time, they are a very odd genre, that's for sure. I'm always going to fly the flag for Adventure games, especially as they get a little bit of a bad rap from some people on the site as just "easy games" to some people they are much more than that, so I always feel it's important to highlight how brilliant they really can be on occasion. 

That is amazing to read that you take a little more notice of foley work and vocal performances now - that's an area that I'm particularly interested in, as you know. So I didn't think for one second I'd be able to make anyone particularly interested or notice those areas too! That's awesome!

You've got me beat in a fair few areas of cinema knowledge too, and I love that, which means you're always throwing me awesome recommendations for films I might not have seen otherwise, so here's to more of that!

Thanks for the unwavering support over the last year man, I do feel like a broken record at this point, just saying I really appreciate them, but trust me when I say that I do. It means a whole lot!

• Like 4

Happy anniversary dude! I've been enjoying reading your reviews. Since you're a big Yakuza fan, I'm excited for you to hear my thoughts on Yakuza 0 once I get the plat, but for now I'll just say that I finished the story (including substories) and it was amazing.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Happy anniversary dude! I've been enjoying reading your reviews. Since you're a big Yakuza fan, I'm excited for you to hear my thoughts on Yakuza 0 once I get the plat, but for now I'll just say that I finished the story (including substories) and it was amazing.

Thanks Yuber! I really appreciate that  - please say none of you have been doing shots every time I've said "thanks or appreciate", or you might have to get your stomachs pumped. ? In all seriousness though I really do appreciate the kind words and thoughts! 

Oh yes! When you posted that status update recently that you'd been playing it, I so wanted to comment on it, but I really love Yakuza, as you know..... So there'd be a good chance if it was in the real world, you'd leave in the middle of me talking about Yakuza, and by the time you came back hours later, I'd probably still be talking about it xD. So I thought I'd save your eyes on that one!

You bet, wherever it happens to be, wherever you post your thoughts on your time with Yakuza 0, I'll be there, cheering you on for adding that absolutely incredible game to your already awesome collection! Alongside probably wanting to talk about the game, because it is bloody fantastic. I'm really pleased to see that you had an amazing time with the story and the substories too!

• Like 3

Hey mate. Congrats on the anniversary! I occasionally pop in and read what is being said and then promptly leave without saying anything which is my bad (never posted in the thread until now). Just thought I'll say I enjoy your posts even though we may not have a lot of games in common (judging by recent games posted), it's all in good fun ?

Keep doing what you enjoy. :platinum:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

161690453_a2cf9a.gif

Why thank you!

I always found it a little easier not to get distracted, if I wasn't trying specifically to write something at home, there's too many options around to distract myself with 1f602.png.... as you can imagine that is a problem that I still suffer from a great deal haha!

Same. The recent injury has made me think more about a potential jump into remote employment and that it might be for me after all... and that means a lot of me with a laptop in random places?

Oh, that is a shame, a real unsettling creepy shame1f631.png...... I feel like the only response to a badly written book by Steve Martin is to say..... Well, that sounds more like Shit than Shinola.

Well he was born a poor Black child, after all!

I really do think those areas of Erica are incredibly strong, that isn't me just trying to over-exaggerate the positives either.  It's just a shame everything else sort of falls apart a bit. Especially the more you're forced to play it, because that's the burden we put on ourselves as completionists I suppose.

As I recall, I found the game interesting after the first playthrough, but the story absolutely crumbles upon replays. Did you ever see the John Cusack film Identity? I remember thinking it was so cool and clever until the credits rolled and I actually pieced together what happened, and suddenly found myself thinking "actually that was kinda dumb." That's what happened to me with Erica, and then I had to play it four more times. If I hadn't tried to knock it out so quickly, I'm willing to bet I would've liked it considerably more!

I had fun with Lords of the Fallen for sure, but it definitely is one of those I'd struggle to recommend unless people REALLY had the interest in playing it. As you've got Salt and Sanctuary on deck, from all that I've heard that might well be the better option.

It's my understanding that S&S is like a Soulsborne little brother of sorts, and that it gets a pretty fair amount right, so I'm looking forward to that one! It's #863 in line I believe?

I know, that's the weird thing isn't it...... It is undeniably a really good game I think. Like, objectively, it just IS  VERY GOOD. Then there's all the things you really can't ignore that are equally very stupid or not as well realised as it should be, so I find in my case I always end up talking about it like "I really like it, but........."

Mos def. It's one of those games I'd quite quickly recommend to somebody and cite all its great qualities and then also be like "but before you get too excited..."

speaking of hats off..... Hats off to you my friend, for actually responding to all of these, it does not go unnoticed!

Damn right! In spite of my taciturn phase, I really did read along as you posted. I think that's part of why it took so long for me to post here, cuz I genuinely wanted to reply to as much as I could!

More importantly dude...... are you Vincent? Am I Vincent? OR was it the 1991 Denver Bronco's...... Oh wait that's something else 1f602.png

WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THOSE PATERNITY TESTS MY MOTHER TOO-

...oh, of course. Hah! Haha... haaaaa......

????

You and me both, but I've told myself that I won't allow myself to play Dishonoured 2 until I've done them, so that's hopefully going to be a nice motivator! I think you'll really dig Dishonoured. I loved it, and I have no excuse for never going back to it for so long.

I have both, and have heard nothing but glowing things. The first game is yet another I had on the 360 but just didn't get around to playing.

I remember with the 360 I felt the need to establish a large library so I could have all the choices I wanted and just play, but as this current generation has proven to me, the library will never be big enough and just keep expanding, so it's best to focus on playing first and games you'd like to play second?

Yes! That's what I like to see.... As many people jumping on that awesome Peaky Blinders game as possible. I'm going to try and refrain from turning into an overbearing fan and telling you all the reasons you should watch it...... BUT 1f602.png..... we did recently talk about old school British Mobster movies and that series kind of fits the bill...... I'll shut up now, before I turn into the overbearing fan I said I wouldn't.

Bruh that's a great point! Damn, even more excited to try it out now!

I did think it was a cool little coincidence, that Ten years was coming up on my tenth platinum, so that one just seemed, right I suppose haha! If you're unashamed Musou fan, you'll probably have a good time with this one, problem is its really expensive, so don't go searching it up if you've had the odd drink or two, or you might find your wallet hurting afterwards xD

I'm a little scared you're going to end up making me pick another Musou title up when you dive into your PS3 backlog.

Hahaha yeah perhaps it's best if I don't even bother looking that one up then??? Although I think my PS3 lineup is already solid, I doubt I'll be trying to tack anything else on to it really.

DW7?? Fuck, is there one of those with an online mode???

?

Thank you so much man! I feel like I've said this or words thereabout  a whole bunch the last few days, but when you post something like this I really do feel like a lucky sum'bitch 1f602.png... MMhmmm.

That's what I like to hear, Karl!

Haha! Yep, we sure were I was really pumped when you started your own thread, you'd already cracked me up a fair few times with some of your posts, so I was definitely all in on that one! I'm sure like me, Doc probably knew he was in for a good time with your thread, and you sure haven't let us down yet, nor will you! Then  I posted a video from Resident Evil 7 of someone being punched in the face to be "welcomed to the family son" 1f44a.png1f60f.png (real nice Rob haha) . Back when you had a Moe Szyslak avatar, and I still had the same one. Although I have been thinking about changing it to old Underpants Face.

I had a read of some of our early interactions when I was trying to gather all of that list of awesome people to thank  together, and it's kind of funny really, how different it reads from both of us, compared to now. If anything being part of this part of the forums has probably brought both of us out of our shells a whole lot more I'd say, and let's be honest that can only really be a good thing.

I forgot I had a Moe avatar! Him, Aphex Twin, now Homer.. I'll have to make a conscious effort to make sure to avoid yet another Simpsons av next year!

I actually did enjoy the RE7 video as an introduction, that shit got a good laugh out of me. And it absolutely has been great for both of us as far as coming out of the proverbial shell, I remember we've talked about that a few times, it's always been a huge credit to this wonderful wing of the forums.

That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing!

posipage05.png

That means a whole lot that you actually read everything. I don't expect anyone to read every single thing, so I really do appreciate that. I pretty much read every single thing a whole lot of you awesome folks post too, and if I don't it's almost certainly for spoiler reasons and I fully intend to go back and read it eventually.

Just remember that it is anything but a chore to read your thread, I genuinely enjoy it! Trust, nobody reading this just to be nice, it's cuz your thread is the shit?

Let's just call it your incredibly welcome and triumphant return, with an awesome post!

Thanks again man!

AngryDearDegus-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Hey mate. Congrats on the anniversary! I occasionally pop in and read what is being said and then promptly leave without saying anything which is my bad (never posted in the thread until now). Just thought I'll say I enjoy your posts even though we may not have a lot of games in common (judging by recent games posted), it's all in good fun 1f600.png

Keep doing what you enjoy. :platinum:

Thanks for stopping by! Awesome to see you've popped in!

You know - after you said that thing about not having too many games in common, I did a little detective work and used that handy Compare feature we have on the site, and it turns out you and I actually have 59 games in common, so that's actually a pretty fair amount more than you think, I tend to flit around from genre to genre all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if what I'd been playing recently we might not have had all too many in common.

But 59 is pretty big, we've got some pretty awesome games in common too, a lot of Resident Evil's and such on there..... and Driveclub (Christ I'm going to have a nightmare reviewing those, because of the amount of DLC).

I see you're playing Driveclub Bikes at the moment, how are you finding that one? I thought it was funny that they wanted even more car content, and decided " HEY SCREW IT, LET'S PUT CAR CONTENT IN THE BIKES DLC"

All in good fun indeed! I like that, thanks though, and thanks again for popping in and officially saying hello!

43 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Same. The recent injury has made me think more about a potential jump into remote employment and that it might be for me after all... and that means a lot of me with a laptop in random places1f602.png

Sounds like a good plan to me, just don't leave your laptop bag in the coffee shop like I did once.... Thankfully it didn't have my laptop in it, just a script  I had been workshopping with a friend, so if any short films set in a post World War 2 Britain featuring a shell-shocked Father with Catatonia get made, then I know where that idea was stolen from..... MY BAG haha ?

48 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Well he was born a poor Black child, after all!

Haha, yes! I'm really glad you got what I was going for with The Jerk reference xD

49 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

As I recall, I found the game interesting after the first playthrough, but the story absolutely crumbles upon replays. Did you ever see the John Cusack film Identity? I remember thinking it was so cool and clever until the credits rolled and I actually pieced together what happened, and suddenly found myself thinking "actually that was kinda dumb." That's what happened to me with Erica, and then I had to play it four more times. If I hadn't tried to knock it out so quickly, I'm willing to bet I would've liked it considerably more!

It was partway through the second playthrough for me, when I kind of thought "Oh Christ, this is just absolute nonsense" I still didn't hate it, but the way some of it just happens, despite you making a decision that would make you think it wouldn't is a real head scratcher for sure.

I'm looking forward to digging into some of the better games from the FMV genre in the coming months though.

I haven't seen Identity, at least if I have, I have no memory of it. So I looked up the cast list just now, and it's definitely something that would have caught my attention based on that. Sounds like I perhaps ought to give it a miss though from what you've said, never great when a film leaves you with that kind of impression.

54 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

It's my understanding that S&S is like a Soulsborne little brother of sorts, and that it gets a pretty fair amount right, so I'm looking forward to that one! It's #863 in line I believe1f604.png

Haha, yeah I know the drill - then a game you get a sudden interest in somehow makes it immediately to the front of the queue and the ones you intend to play get knocked back down again. We'll see which one of us manages to get to Salt and Sanctuary first.

55 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Damn right! In spite of my taciturn phase, I really did read along as you posted. I think that's part of why it took so long for me to post here, cuz I genuinely wanted to reply to as much as I could!

Well I certainly do appreciate it - I remember getting 2 or 3 batches behind with comments in Doc's thread too. I'd been reading them, but I was up to my neck in Yakuza 3, so I was barely posting, and that sure snowballed into a hell of a big post commenting on about twenty awesome reviews all at once!

58 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

I have both, and have heard nothing but glowing things. The first game is yet another I had on the 360 but just didn't get around to playing.

I remember with the 360 I felt the need to establish a large library so I could have all the choices I wanted and just play, but as this current generation has proven to me, the library will never be big enough and just keep expanding, so it's best to focus on playing first and games you'd like to play second1f602.png

You're probably lucky you'll be playing the PS4 version of Dishonoured then, I watched one of my friends play the PS3 version, and whilst it's still undoubtedly very good, the PS4 version is slicker, smoother and cleaner to play from what I understand. I certainly really enjoyed getting the platinum, so you're in for a treat with that one!

I think that's a pretty good thing having such a vast library of things to pick and choose from. Especially if the majority of those things are something you're at least interested in. I can happily say I'm spoiled for choice now, compared to when I was younger where I'd run out of new things to play, so I'd just resign myself to playing through MGS2 or Final Fantasy X, or Smackdown Shut Your Mouth for the I lost count of how manyth time.

So as the positive thinking tit I try to be, let's just say, that's a good position for us to be in!

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

Hahaha yeah perhaps it's best if I don't even bother looking that one up then??? Although I think my PS3 lineup is already solid, I doubt I'll be trying to tack anything else on to it really.

DW7?? Fuck, is there one of those with an online mode???

1f914.png

I may try and suggest to you that you check out the PS3 version of NieR, even if you do play the PS4 version..... They do feel like two entirely different experiences, because they are. I still think the PS3 version is well worth peoples time, all these years later!

Other than that I'll try not to suggest your PS3 backlog gets any bigger. Mines down to probably realistically a number you could count with two hands, maybe an extra foot too, if I decide to go out of my comfort zone on a few.

I'm sure one of those DW games on the PS3 has online, I'll have to look into which one it is.

I forgot I had a Moe avatar! Him, Aphex Twin, now Homer.. I'll have to make a conscious effort to make sure to avoid yet another Simpsons av next year!

I actually did enjoy the RE7 video as an introduction, that shit got a good laugh out of me. And it absolutely has been great for both of us as far as coming out of the proverbial shell, I remember we've talked about that a few times, it's always been a huge credit to this wonderful wing of the forums.

That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing!

posipage05.png

I ought to change up my Avatar, it's been this one for quite a while..... Although I absolutely adore Yoji Shinkawa's art that he did for the Metal Gear Solid series, so I don't know if I'll end up changing or not! You are a huge fan of The Simpsons after all, so it only makes sense to have that represented with your Avatar.

Good to see DDP there, what a guy, especially as he gave Scott Hall another few peaceful years that he might not have had otherwise, even if he did fall off the wagon once or twice, DDP helped him get back on, and has helped so many others with his accountability crib too. It's great to see that when you think the wrestling business is often known for some real scumminess and sleaze on occasion.

Just remember that it is anything but a chore to read your thread, I genuinely enjoy it! Trust, nobody reading this just to be nice, it's cuz your thread is the shit1f60e.png

Thanks again dude! That really does mean a whole lot.... I also would like to reflect those exact sentiments back to you too!

• Like 2

Snip

Sheesh! 59 games in common. Ok, I was mistaken ? I aways forget about that compare feature on this site. I should really get to using it. 

Driveclub and it's exorbitant amount of DLC's are probably the least exciting thing to wrote about it I would assume. The game is brilliant but the abundance of DLC and the difficulty spikes are just a concoction of terror for me. Having recently played it to 100% completion, I needed a break and only a few weeks later I summoned the courage to take on Driveclub Bikes. Very easy compared to Driveclub base game and it's DLC's might I add. 

I can't get any more than 60% thanks to the DLC being removed from the PSN but I'll take the 60% complete with 1 DLC completed to 25% with no DLC completed on Driveclub. Seriously, that was a shocking % for a game that has been Platinumed! 

• Like 2

On 21/04/2022 at 10:34 PM, rjkclarke said:

Neither have I mate - I've not been too active recently myself, I have a few replies I really need to do myself, as I've left it and left it and left it, to the point where I feel more than a little bad about it.  I guess that happens when you find yourself wading through an amazing game, which I'm sure you know all about having been playing Elden Ring lately, and Star Wars Squadrons, which might be good too for all I know. I might drop you a message about the game later actually, as I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to play that one.

Thanks for the congrats on some of the games I've gone through lately.......gone through seems appropriate wording for games like Resident Evil 6's multiplayer grind xD  Which reminds me, I need to hop on your own thread and congratulate you on all the awesome games you've been playing yourself!  

Exactly! I find those are usually some of the more memorable times when you end up having far more fun than you actually expected to!

I did get Resident Evil 5 done, myself and Smevz got it knocked out a month and a bit back, which was really cool to play together actually. We did consider messaging you for help, but thankfully we found enough people, as I remember both of us saying at the time, that let's not bother Destructor unless we have to. I know you were willing to help us out with that, and I really do appreciate though, as it isn't exactly like those online trophies fly by quickly! If you need to find someone to knock out the 1V1 mode trophies  in future I can redownload the game if you need an extra person on standby!

Yeah that's exactly what I've done with my checklist as I have a few write ups to do still lol. I have been maintaining it but I will make a few posts all in one go. It's just a case of getting around to it so I can think of what I want to say haha. Yes I needed a break from some tough games so I had a nice time on Elden Ring which is an absolute masterpiece of a game. I have been on a few other games since such as Star Wars: Squadrons as well as a few others but I will eventually get back to Elden Ring to finish it off. I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot. Yeah Star Wars: Squadrons is decent it's just that there are times where there isn't any matches going in it. It's a lot more fun than I expected but I'm glad I got all the matches that I needed finally. I will get back to the game at some point to finish it off as well lol. 

Yeah cheers, well as I said earlier I still have a few posts that I am yet to make so hopefully I get around to doing those lol. It's great you got Resident Evil 5 done & if I was needed then I'll definitely be around for anything. I should get back on to Resident Evil 5 at some point so I'm sure I'll be fine on that but thanks anyway.

On 23/04/2022 at 11:09 PM, rjkclarke said:

It’s been a whole year since this thread started – how time flies huh, but here we are, a fair few reviews deep, and a whole bunch of amazing conversations have been had along the way. Getting to write in depth about some of the games that I’ve covered over the last year has been a real highlight for me.

@DrunkenEngineer, @RockySanchez666 (You and I need a catch up by the way) @AJ_Radio, @DrBloodmoney @Grotz99, @Bittersweet, @The_Kopite @Slava @emmajessica12, @YaManSmevz, @realm722, @Mesopithecus, @Arcesius, @Deadly_Ha_Ha, @Shrooba , @KindaSabbath, @Briste, @Destructor-8, @SHADOW-KILLER-S2, @Copanele@Platinum_Vice, @PlutoRico, @AK-1138, @Baker, @Iker_01, @det_gittes, @Cassylvania, @MD_91, @Yuber6969, @popnheart, @dieselmanchild, @kingofbattle8174, @Otter, @gruffiiti

Oh wow! Congrats! I mentioned it before but this part of the forums is my favourite & your thread here was one of the main reasons why I eventually got around to making mine too. I met so many good people on here & I'm really glad to see everyone get involved in some cool discussions about various things. It's amazing how much easier things can be when others think in similar ways. You have a great thread here so happy to see it keep going.

On 24/04/2022 at 5:19 AM, PlutoRico said:

As I said many times over, you were one of those people that inspired me to start my own checklist and write about the games I am playing. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that you inspired so I feel like you should get some of the credit for it. You say you feel confident that we can call each other friends and I agree with you. Maybe one day we will do a meet up between us from this section of the forums, would be nice to put a face on all those people we have been interacting with for the past few months, even tho it would be quite the struggle to organize since we are all scattered around the world haha.

That's a cool idea there. I know there was a period when quite a few of us all made a checklist around the same time. It definitely made it easier to make one knowing that others were in the process of doing the same thing. I was meant to message you actually as I was meant to catch up with how you are getting on. This really is a great part of the forums.

10 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Driveclub and it's exorbitant amount of DLC's are probably the least exciting thing to wrote about it I would assume. The game is brilliant but the abundance of DLC and the difficulty spikes are just a concoction of terror for me. Having recently played it to 100% completion, I needed a break and only a few weeks later I summoned the courage to take on Driveclub Bikes. Very easy compared to Driveclub base game and it's DLC's might I add. 

I can't get any more than 60% thanks to the DLC being removed from the PSN but I'll take the 60% complete with 1 DLC completed to 25% with no DLC completed on Driveclub. Seriously, that was a shocking % for a game that has been Platinumed! 

What a game that was! That still is one of the best racing games that I've ever played still. The amount of content in it was brilliant as it offered so much more than most other racing games. Nice going on finishing Driveclub & I hope you are enjoying Driveclub Bikes as well. There were definitely a few tough events in the Driveclub DLC so awesome going. The Bikes DLC also had some tough events too. I'm yet to start Project Cars 3 which is the closest game in comparison so as a recommendation then I would say that is one that might be worth trying out in the future. The Project Cars 3 DLC is meant to be pretty hard too from what people I know have said about it. I'm hoping to start it so I can try out the DLC too. I will let you know what it's like of course. It seems a decent game!

• Like 4

On 4/23/2022 at 7:55 PM, rjkclarke said:

It's a police procedural drama from the 90's. Where Robbie Coltrane plays a criminal psychologist, working with the police (I guess that part is obvious 1f602.png). It's really good, the moment I saw some of the behind the scenes people working on even the first episode I knew I was in for a treat, great cinematography, direction, writing, it's a real treat, and I'm surprised about how much I'd forgotten about the episodes I had already seen.

Yeah I think both could feasibly be considered canon if that's the direction they want to go, and with Yoko Taro that wouldn't surprise me. There's something that happens in Drakengard 3 that suggests it could be the case, but I don't want to say anymore, because I expect Copanele will play Drakengard 3 at some point, and he deserves to be as spoiler free as is possible.

OMG, clearly I had a brain freeze at that moment lol yes of course it is. Never watched it but yeah was a big show back in the 90's. 

That's cool, and I;m sure Copanele appreciates you not spoiling it for them, as anyone would. Respect.

Well I guess those remakes are a wait and see, but I'm going to choose to be optimistic about it.

I've never actually seen all of Futurama. I really love series 1-4, then I think I watched 2 of the films they put out between the show being cancelled and coming back, and then for whatever reason never watched the rest. My Dad did, and he said the same thing as you, that it sort of lost its way a little towards the end. I did read not too long ago that it was coming back again, The unkillable show haha xD

I don't think I have any Mortal Kombat or Street Fighters, but I did just buy Puyo Puyo Champions, so we can battle it out on that. I might fair a tad better than I would in a fighting game, with some puzzle combat.

Yes, optimistic is what I will be as well. Hopefully they will all be well worth the wait!

Yes it is! Couldn't believe it when my wife showed me that, brought back more times than Family Guy! (I'm sure there is a good pun that could have been used here instead but there you go lol)

Going with optimism again with the new Futurama eps, hoping they'll be great. 

Ah, Puyo Puyo Champions, nice! Yes I'm sure you will get the platinum in no time on that. I will expect that to go to 100% platinum in no time at all if you really get into it.

Absolutely!

I think people would legitimately buy a stand-alone game of Triple Triad, and Square Enix do really love money, more than artistry these days, so a bit like with the Gwent minigame from Witcher 3 (I'm still a little mad at myself for never getting the platinum in that game) that would sell like hot cakes. 

You'll get no argument from me that it's the best FF Mini-game, although I did end up really enjoying Blitzball once I actually learned how to play it properly. To be fair, the game does a really bad job of introducing you to Blitzball which I do mention in the FFX review too.

There's a lot of real good pieces of music in FFVIII, Fisherman's Horizon is absolutely one, I'm sure I have that on my iPod too, how the hell that 2008 Frankenstein's Monster iPod still works is beyond me, but I'm glad it does haha.

Yes I really think they would as well, think it could be absolutely awesome! I never got around to trying Gwent but it's a shame you missed out on the plat. You're right about SE, did you see the new statue they are releasing of Terra on Magitek Armour next year? It's around £9000. Yikes!

Oh yeah, Blitzball is fun but you are right in that the game doesn't do the absolute best job of describing it. It does an adequate job but for my guide, I thought it was good enough to then let me focus mainly on building up the best team quickly in order to just get the required stuff you want from it for the platinum.

FFVIII is a great soundtrack. Not my favourite FF soundtrack but still great. Force Your Way and Ride On are pretty epic! Wow, you have a 2008 iPod?! Aren't they worth loads nowadays?

I did see that come up when I saw your signature the other day, when I was replying to your comment - I'm really glad you're enjoying Detroit, despite what it might have sounded like in the review, I do rather like that game. I just resent how shamelessly David Cage copied other things without even acknowledging the fact they were DEFINITELY an influence.

I think Detroit comes second for me, in a list of David Cage games, and for as much as I do like some elements of Beyond Two Souls, that would probably be coming last for me as well, hard to say, because Farenheit when you look at it in the context of when it was made is far better than it has any right to be, so I think I give it a little bit of a bump up because of that.

Yes indeed. The overall story now that I have finished it, was really good overall but like I said to my wife when I recommended it to her for the future - "It's a story that has been done many times before". The fact your saying that David Cage doesn't acknlowedge these influences is pretty poor of him sadly. It's so bleedingly obvious that the kind of story seen in Detroit has been done many times before in various media. 

That sounds fair. I'm sure my wife would have Heavy Rain at the top of her list of those games too (neither of us have played Fahrenheit of course) and Heavy Rain was great. I wish all these games would get rid of their stiff controls, especially for the walking. 

I think you'll ease back in with the combat, it did take me a little bit to readjust, but not too drastic an amount - for me what I liked the most about those character DLC's was how different it made the combat feel. It's far too simple in the base game, and they really did make each character control like an individual, being able to play as them afterwards in the base game is pretty cool too, if you specifically enjoy their playstyle over Noctis for example.

Only the odd vampire magic you have to perform to downgrade your patch, but it's definitely something I'm considering doing.

I wouldn't say no to a PS5 but I can't say the Royal Edition is a selling point of getting one be like £400 for a saving of £5 haha , I'm more excited for the lack of loading screens on all the PS4 games I'd end up playing, I thought that as I was material farming in Nier last night, I had the instant thought of, "This would be so much quicker with almost instantaneous loads."

Yeah I heard that they put a greater emphasis on each character and that the battle system had been tweaked as a result, so I'm really interested to see how they play out, like I am with the RE5 DLC's. They are all on my massive 'to play' list lol

Well I've just moved over Days Gone from the PS4 to the PS5 as I heard it's massively improved and performs way better in pretty much every way, including the loading times being cut considerably so figured it was worth it. The room on the SSD gets used up pretty quickly so glad we have a 1TB SSD expansion too lol

EDIT - Congratulations on the anniversary and 1000 posts in your awesome thread! Told you that noone would think that you were being self-indulgent with your post. Here's to the next 1000!

Edited by The_Kopite
Updated information
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 2:12 AM, YaManSmevz said:

Looking forward to it, man! You are a hard working dude, props1f44a.png

And yes!! F F X!! F F X!!

Cheers man! Yes I think we should all chant that in our daily lives - FFX! FFX! FFX! lol

On 4/25/2022 at 2:12 AM, YaManSmevz said:

That's a great #250! It was #20 for my novice trophy hunter ass1f604.png I felt that game had some glaring omissions and not everything was transferred over quite as well from the original, but I still thought the remake was phenomenal.

That's my thought though I'm stuck on Leon's speedrun on a boss which is annoying, but I'll get it done eventually. Not had the time to tackle it recently. It is pretty damn phenomenal yes, and I''m hoping the remakes that I've discussed with Mr Clarke can hit those kinds of heights! 

• Like 1