Leap Day 2024 Platinum Archive

This sounds like a fun idea! Count me in. I'll have to go through my backlog and see what I want to do. At least 1 plat would be lovely. But, part of me really wants to see if I could possibly do 4, in honor of the leap year part, or 5 for a Platinum Pyramid. We'll see. :)  I'll edit this post once I've made a final decision.

EDIT: I've decided to go for a Platinum Pyramid. The 5 games and their rarities are below. I do have back-ups in mind for the Ultra Rare if needed, in case I pop it early or run into other issues. But, as far as I know, all of the games I've listed have at least 1 trophy that can be saved for last, to make popping it on the 29th easier.

Games (by Rarity):

Common - Escape Academy

Uncommon - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS4)

Rare - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

• Note: I earned all of the online trophies before the servers closed in January 2019

Very Rare - Mortal Kombat 11

Ultra Rare - Omega Quintet

Edited by InfinateEternity
Added my planned games & back-ups.
  • Like 3

I’ve earned a plat on February 29th for the last two leap years and 2024 will be no different. Tomorrow  I’ll start Dragon Quest XI: EoaEA. Once I’ve platinumed that I will start on my leap year plat which will be Neptunia ReVerse unless I don’t think I’ll be able to plat it in time in which case I’ll swap it with something shorter.

• Like 2

I'm interested. Can't promise anything, though, I have to work on Feb 29, so not too much time for playing games. I'll see if I can leave one or a few easy trophies in a game I'm playing anyway. If that fails, it's unlikely I'll be able to get any platinum on that day. Unless I do some really short game. Which I could. Not sure I will, though.

A game I could leave unfinished for that day is Final Fantasy VIII. That's what I'm playing right now, should be doable to leave one trophy before the plat.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'll be honest. I am not sure what I'm going to do for the event. My thoughts are either save a PS classic game for this or I will try and have Elden Ring ready by then. However, I feel like I have been so slow playing through Elden Ring messing around that I probably won't have it ready until March. I also recently started World of Horror, but that game is so RNG dependent that it would be very difficult to prep that one in advance.

Maybe I'll start another RPG and have it ready by the end of the month. I just have to make sure it's not too long.

Possible Options maybe?:

Siphon Filter 1, 2, and 3.

Kingdom of Paradise

Kurushi Finals

Hot Shots Golf 2

Eiyuden Chronicles Rising

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

Count me in, it'll be a good distraction since Leap Day isn't a day I usually look forward to for personal reasons.

I have a few games that I think I can have ready to go by the 29th.

• Like 1

Love the idea, count me in.

I've been trying to control my plats so I can have Dissidia Final Fantasy NT as my 250th plat, but I intend to complete the game before 29th February, so by then I think I can pop a few plats. If not, I can always try to pop that one on that day, it would also be cool if it was.

I'll keep an open mind about it until then.

• Like 1

Just got Nobody Saves the World set up to pop the plat on the 29th. I'm hoping to have more by then, but I highly doubt my ability to get the rarity variety pack.

• Like 3

Please note that I do plan to add more miscellaneous categories so do pay attention to that section in particular. I may do a category for series (doing multiple games from a single series, not the entire series), but not sure if anyone could realistically attempt that in a month. I also played around the idea of doing categories for different genres, but I think that would be more of a hassle than it's worth for a simplistic event like this. 

On another note, I started Kingdom of Paradise with the idea of prepping it for the final day of the month. I think I can hold off the urge to pop a single platinum, but I really really doubt that me and my lizard brain can stop myself from popping multiple plats until the end of the month unless it just falls that way where I am close to another plat naturally by then.

Maybe I'll put in some PTO for the end of the month to try and finish off an extra game or two, but part of me wants to save those days for later in the year to go to baseball games when I really need it.

• Like 1

No problem, I will try to find a few games to push through on that day. February 29th is a rare duck and it would be cool to have a platinum trophy on that day or maybe multiple platinums. Count me in. ^_^

Actually setting up multiple games to pop on the day of the Dawntrail maintenance patch day(when they shut down the game for a full day to implement the major expansion patch content, it's a lot of programming they have to do! Yoshida Naoki will usually spend three hours in the morning reading over what's going to be added in the expansion on that day :D), but I can divert a few titles for 2/29. ;)

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1