Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

Update 17: May 1st

Starting Completion percentage: 87.02%

Week 1 Completion: 87.36% (+0.34%From Start)

Week 2 Completion: 87.79% (+0.77% From Start) (+0.42% from previous Week)

Week 3 Completion: 87.90% (+0.88% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 4 Completion: 88.08% (+1.06% From start) (+0.18% from previous week)

Week 5 Completion: 88.23% (+1.21% from start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 6 Completion: 88.44% (+1.42% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 7 Completion: 88.70% (+1.68% From start) (+0.25% from previous week)

Week 8 Completion: 89.24% (+2.22% From start) (+0.54% from previous week)

Week 9 Completion: 89.45% (+2.43% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 10 Completion: 89.58% (+2.56% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 11 Completion: 89.82% (+2.80% From start) (+0.24% from previous week)

Week 12 Completion: 89.79% (+2.77% From start) (-0.03% from previous week)

Week 13 Completion: 89.87% (+2.85% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 14 Completion: 89.81% (+2.79% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Week 15 Completion: 89.92% (+2.90% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 16 Completion: 89.90% (+2.88% From start) (-0.02% from previous week)

Current Completion percentage: 89.84 (+2.82% From the Start) (0.06% Decrease from last week)

Another slight drop for me this week, I've started, and gotten through a fair amount of Kingdom Hearts: melody of Memory. Should only take me a few more days, I hope. Only have a few songs left to play through on stanadard, then all of them on Proud, then it's mainly just the grindy trophies left.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

The shameful, trophy hunter game of the week was Legends of Talia Arcadia.

I have been thinking of spending the 3 bucks to boost some completion with this game as well. 

Edited by Spinacheq

4 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

I have been thinking of spending the 3 bucks to boost some completion with this game as well. 

I think I only ended up getting like  a .10% boost so it wasn't really worth it. Maybe keep it in mind if you're just shy of a milestone or something. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Don't get caught into the spiral of using crappy games to try and boost completion, especially buying them.  It's way different if you already own it and just want it off your backlog.  At least play something that is fun while being a reasonable quick plat.  VNs and short indie RPGs probably would be more up your alley.  Honestly I think Kemco RPGs would be right up your alley with them mostly being RPGs you can plat in under 20 hours and don't have missables (link gives the best list I've found for finding them all because the site allows searching by publisher).  A game like Cat Quest is also likely to appeal.  They aren't quite just play a few minutes and you've got the plat but they are fun and more respectable easy plats.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@Spinacheq
Original Starting PCG: 73.33%                    April Earned Trophies: 181
Goal PCG: 80%                    April Earned Platinums: 2
April Starting PCG: 78.78%                    April Games Started: 4
Current PCG: 78.64%                    April Games Completed: 3
Month Increase: -0.14%
Total Increase: 5.31%

Thanks for the monthly update.  Not my best month percent increase wise, but that is totally my fault for starting more games than I finished lol.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2021 at 10:57 PM, ladynadiad said:

Don't get caught into the spiral of using crappy games to try and boost completion, especially buying them.  It's way different if you already own it and just want it off your backlog.  At least play something that is fun while being a reasonable quick plat.  VNs and short indie RPGs probably would be more up your alley.  Honestly I think Kemco RPGs would be right up your alley with them mostly being RPGs you can plat in under 20 hours and don't have missables (link gives the best list I've found for finding them all because the site allows searching by publisher).  A game like Cat Quest is also likely to appeal.  They aren't quite just play a few minutes and you've got the plat but they are fun and more respectable easy plats.

Always wanted to play the Kemco games, they seem pretty good. But about the original game "Legends of Talia Arcadia", is it really that bad? The title seems interesting lol

On 26/04/2021 at 0:03 PM, Pauloxzak said:

Here is update #6:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 53.32% (+0.19 from last week ~ +4.32% from start)

Target rate: 60%

This past week:

FFXIV - PS5 - 54% ATM, Completed 5.5 story and popped some more trophies, discovered that completion for raids will not auto pop, will have to complete them again

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 24% ATM, Coudn't get back with my boosting partner this week :(

Resogun - PS4 - 36% ATM, No progress here either

DJ Max Technika Tune - Vita - 81% ATM, Lvl82, some good progress from last week, however after lvl80 it does slow down and instead of around 12 musics to 1 lvl I kinda need around 16 musics now

Sonic 2 - PS3 - 80% ATM, Will try to focus on this one now

God of War Ascension - PS3 - 40-platinum.png done! finallly, this game is baaad, so many bugs

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 11% ATM, couldn't boost much by the start of the week due to randoms and later couldn't get back with my boosting partner either

On my next list:

Limbo - Vita (should have waited more to fire this one up and get a single trophy on it lol)

Destruction All Stars - PS5 (will start this one soon cause I think servers will be quite empty soon)

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 (will boost the MP trophies after Arena)

Rochard - PS3

Beyond: Two Souls - PS3

Pillars of the Earth - PS4 (wrong name last time lol)

Another monday update for me, update #7:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 53.39% (+0.07 from last week ~ +4.39% from start)

Target rate: 60%

Slow week for me this time, not much happenned

This past week:

FFXIV - PS5 - 57% ATM, got some more trophies of already completed stuff, I'm cleaning up missing quests right now and then I'll focus on lvl up and grinding the amounts for the trophies I don't have yet, will leave savage clears for last

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 24% ATM, Didn't touch this at all, got another person interested in boosting, hopefully I'll be able to finish MP

Resogun - PS4 - 36% ATM, No progress here either

DJ Max Technika Tune - Vita - 81% ATM, Lvl83, taking way more time to lvl up even using the maximum of exp gain equipment available at the moment, I'll try to push this to completion or near it this week

Sonic 2 - PS3 - 80% ATM, progressed very little on my speed run this week

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 21% ATM, almost done with the MP boost now, probably I'll leave it aside for a while after the boost since this is a 10/10 plat difficult game

On my next list:

Limbo - Vita

Destruction All Stars - PS5

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 (will boost the MP trophies after Arena)

Rochard - PS3

Beyond: Two Souls - PS3

Pillars of the Earth - PS4 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Bioshock 2 + DLC (3/3) (PS3)

Hurray! I got the 100%! I never ever thought I could platinum this game, let alone getting the 100%. This event and some folks I met here made it happen. Super happy with this 100% on my list.

Congrats,  I love see when people are able to complete games they didn't think they would.  It gives me hope to keep trying all the ones I don't think I can do.  :) 

4 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Well after a poor showing in March/April (as I started too many games at once) I think I am back on track.

I feel you there, April was a scramble to get back to even for me, and it didn't happen in time.  Which greatly dropped my productivity and confidence in my ability to clean up the harder games I left to clean up.  As long as you are having fun though that is what matters, right?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

I feel you there, April was a scramble to get back to even for me, and it didn't happen in time.  Which greatly dropped my productivity and confidence in my ability to clean up the harder games I left to clean up.  As long as you are having fun though that is what matters, right?

I dunno. It looks like you completed some pretty decent games over the last few months... some that had been on backlog for years even. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pauloxzak said:

Always wanted to play the Kemco games, they seem pretty good. But about the original game "Legends of Talia Arcadia", is it really that bad? The title seems interesting lol

I personally haven't played it, but the dev is the one who did the Sakura games on Steam and those are known to be more about fanservice than actually having a good story.  I can say it does annoy me seeing that the steam version costs less than the PSN version.  You can go check the reviews on Steam if you want more info though.

• Like 2

On 2-5-2021 at 3:30 PM, Squirlruler said:

@BullShark_NL
Original Starting PCG: 64.11%                    April Earned Trophies: 231
Goal PCG: 85%                    April Earned Platinums: 4
April Starting PCG: 70.33%                    April Games Started: 5
Current PCG: 74.11%                    April Games Completed: 5
Month Increase: 3.78%
Total Increase: 10.00%

Thanks for the update!

I see I have reached the first 10% increase! I'm happy with that.

I skipped a few weeks to post an update.

But I did start Detroit Become Human and finished it, what a great game! I still think Heavy Rain is the best, but Detroit Become Human is a good second. Beyond Two Souls I played years ago on the PS3 and that's the worst of the 3 for me.

Then I played Lego Jurassic World on the vita and made that my 30th platinum trophy. I love those Lego games, there easy but so much fun. I need to get myself some more Lego games. 

After that I decided to continue with Just Cause 3. I started in 2019 and then I just stopped playing it. Sometimes I do that, one of those reasons I signed up for this event. And I just love this game. Just shoot and kill everything just my kind of game to clear my head. To bad I already started the Sky Fortress DLC I don't like that wingsuit you get from it. I do like the Loochador from the Bavarium Sea Heist DLC but the Eden Spark I never use.

So for the next week I will be playing Just Cause 3 now I'm all in and have to finish at least the story and the Mech Land Assault DLC. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pauloxzak said:

It's a "visual novel" in the most lenient sense of the word. There are no choices or gameplay elements, you just advance text over some horny anime pictures and get trophies. You can set it up so that all text is skippable and advances super fast by holding R1. So you literally hold R1 for a minute and then you're done. It's really not worth it, even for $3. It didn't even boost my % that much either. 

Kemco RPGs or even those POWGI word puzzle games are a better way to spend money and get easy trophies.

• Like 2

Starting Percent: 55.33%

Previous Update: 58.01%

Current Percent: 63.13%

It's been almost two months since my previous update, so thought I would summarise it all now before it goes on for too long and I have to cover even more games!

After finishing Need for Speed Rivals (PS3) I did briefly start Borderlands 3 (PS4) with a friend of mine on a co-op campaign. This was my first ever borderlands experience and I enjoyed it but we only got up to the second planet before life got in the way and we both kind of moved on to other games. I actually had an issue with my external hard drive which wiped the games I had stored on it and this affected my motivation to play and redownload all the games I had on the drive. As for Borderlands 3, I'm interested in continuing this but not sure if I am keen on playing solo.

To compensate for the completion hit I took by starting a new game, I decided to treat myself to a few 'easy plat' games and ended up getting a bit carried away. I have quite a lot of these in my backlog and I find it very difficult to resist getting anything I can complete in approx 10 minutes with very little effort. Monkey brain just likes seeing numbers go up, I guess. After 4 or 5 of these I was in the 90s for amount of platinum trophies and had been lining up Grand Theft Auto V on PS3 for platinum #100 for ages so I essentially just wanted to get round to GTA and climbed my way up to 99 via these easy games. Of course, after doing GTA V, I followed this up with some more of the easy games in my backlog + a couple of new ones that came out that were really straightforward. Really quick summaries of easy plats below. Many of these I had completed last year on EU stack.

Sinuca Attack (done NA and EU) - Odd mix of platforming and pool but easily done in under 10 minutes

Thunderflash (EU and NA, PS4 and PS5) - Stylish retro style game but completing the game essentially amounts to a walking simulator through the levels whilst also trying to take down as many as enemies as possible. About 30 minutes to complete each playthrough for 4x platinums.

Road Bustle (NA) - Think everyone knows about this. Can cheese the distance requirements by running against the wall.

Chickens on the Road (NA) - I'd be ashamed if this cost more than a dollar. But it didn't. so it is what it is.

Autumn's Journey (NA) - Visual novel game.

Blind Men (NA) - Visual Novel

Deep Space Rush (NA) - Arcade shooter I'd already completed on EU, reasonably fun and just under 20 minutes or so to get required kills/upgrades/distance.

Concept Destruction (NA, PS4 and PS5) - Surprisingly decent demo derby game seeing as obviously the budget wasn't very big. About 20-25 minutes to complete platinum requirements.

Milo's Quest (NA) - Not sure how to describe this one. Adventure game where you play as a dog. Collect bones/keys to unlock areas and defeat ghosts/bosses. 10 minutes with a guide.

Memory Lane (NA) - It's basically just snap. Reach a certain score to unlock plat.

Legends of Talia Arcadia (EU and NA, PS4 and PS5) - Visual novel where choices not even required! Only takes 30 seconds on full speed up.

Loot Hero DX (NA) - A very fun 10 minutes just running through levels killing enemies and collecting upgrades.

Of Tanks and Demons III (NA) - Pacman but with tanks versus demons and boss fights sprinkled in. Platinum just requires beating the game as well as acquiring certain upgrades/performing x amount of actions. Cheats don't block trophies so very simple even if it takes just under an hour.

Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet (NA) - Visual novel about running a chocolate shop. Actually has choices, unlike some new easy trophy visual novel games.

Strawberry Vinegar (NA) - Visual novel with a strong focus on food about a girl and a demon who moves in with her.

Super Weekend Mode (NA) - Not sure what to call this type of the game but essentially just requires completion of the first three levels. Easily under 10 minutes.

Jack N Jill DX (NA) - Simple straightforward platformer.

Iron Snout (NA) - Fun fighting game. Have to defeat 1000 enemies but can be done under an hour.

Super Destronaut Land Wars (NA) - Colourful arena shooter, very fun 20 minutes. Must reach scores in certain modes and complete a certain amount of the challenge mode.

Super Destronaut DX (NA) - Like space invaders but very colourful and features extra modes. Must reach scores in certain modes and complete a certain amount of the challenge mode. Very fun 15 minutes!

Alien Destroyer (NA and EU) - The best game so far from these devs, but they haven't exactly set a high bar. Essentially just beat the game once to unlock all trophies. 

In between these, I took on two actual 'proper' games. GTA V (PS3) and Need for Speed Rivals (PS4). In GTA V, I didn't have much to do on my checklist to complete. This included collecting all spaceship parts and collecting all letter scraps, which doing both of these contributed to my 100% completion via strangers and freaks . I had to defog the whole map which took about 5 minutes in a helicopter as there were a couple mountains in the east I hadn't fully uncovered. To get my 100% completion I pretty much only had the knife flights to complete which you only need 8/15 for 100%. These were frustrating for a while but then I managed to get them all done in one sitting, which I followed up by finishing the last under the bridges I hadn't yet completed. This only left collecting all nuclear waste which is very simple, just time consuming. Then, complete the unique missions for gunrunning at Trevor's Airfield which left the final trophy - earning 70 gold medals on missions and strangers and freaks. I already had about 30 from my original playthrough and the rest were easily done on a selection of early game missions, late game missions with simple requirements, and strangers and freaks. You don't need to do all gold medal criteria in one run of the mission as they are cumulative. When I did this, I finally had platinum #100 for GTA V which is my rarest trophy so far.

The other notable game I took on was Need For Speed Rivals (PS4). I knew this game could be completed in under 20 hours from my PS3 playthrough as my final save file showed me, even though I played the game originally over 7 years ago. I must have been the first person so far to be crazy enough to attempt a platinum trophy run in a single sitting but I actually had a lot of fun with a pre-prepared playlist, grinding to racer and cop level 60 and earning the amount of necessary gold medals. Rivals is a much better game on PS4 than PS3, that is for sure! In the end I finished with a time of 17 hours 8 minutes to go top of fastest achievers for the 100% club here on PSNP. 

So, what's next? I'm not sure. I have a couple of POWGI games in the backlog that I may just get out of the way now before moving on to some more respectable titles.

• Like 4

Well, at least I moved forward instead of backward. Assassin's Creed Odyssey has sucked up what time I do manage to get some gaming in. Thankfully I almost have it done and can start making better progress in May.

• Like 1

On 03/05/2021 at 7:02 PM, ladynadiad said:

Technically the term for what it is would be "kinetic novel"  That's used for the types of VNs that don't have choices or routes and you just read and get trophies as you progress in the story.  A Winter's Daydream and the Nekoparra games are also like this.  They aren't bad in theory, but most of the good kinetic novels in English are PC exclusive.  PSN only seems to have the really short and mediocre titles or the good ones are Japanese only.

Didn't even know there was these ones with no choices or routes... But good to know anyways. I tend to just buy DLC lately anyways since the current BLR x USD conversion rate is steep (yes, I buy stuff on another account that is BR and play on my main but that's not an option for vita and the rate affect the prices on BR store too)

On 5/5/2021 at 6:15 AM, Sofa King said:

Well, at least I moved forward instead of backward. Assassin's Creed Odyssey has sucked up what time I do manage to get some gaming in. Thankfully I almost have it done and can start making better progress in May.

I am finding the same thing with AC Valhalla. From memory AC Odyssey is much like Valhalla where there is big gaps in trophy progress. 

Update 18. 5/7/2021

Starting PCG    32.61%
Previous Week 36.90%
Current PCG    37.10%
Goal 50%

Just a quick update this week. My PCG was a little higher but starting RE8 knocked it down a little. Retromania Wrestling was a fun and quick plat (6 hours for me, but could be done in way less time). Got a few more trophies in MK X and Street Fighter x Tekken, and finished all the Batmobile DLC trophies in Arkham Knight

Even though I'm trying to take it slow, I'll probably have the RE8 plat by next week. And I'll keep going with Batman AK and Dynasty Warriors 7 for my Spring backlog challenge.

Take care!

• Like 4

Morning all

Slow week in terms of gaming and thus in making progress.

Watchdogs + DLC (0/1) (PS4)

Finished the base game and got the :platinum:. The Social Lubricant Trophy wasn't as bad as expected, still an annoying trophy though. Overall nice game but way too many side missions....

Dead Nation + DLC (0/1) (PSVita)

Finished the campaign in coop mode and also achieved the only coop trophy of the DLC. What is left are single player trophies

Others

Star Wars BF II  + DLC (1/1) (PS4) - no progress

The Division 2 + DLC (3/6) (PS4) - no progress

Sly Cooper; Thieves in Time (PSVita) - no pogress

Riddled Corpses Ex (PSVita) - no progress

Shinobodi 2 (PSVita) - on hold

Status

Screenshot-2021-05-10-093847.jpg

Plans for next week:

- Finish DLC ' Bad Blood' of Watch Dogs (PS4)

- Finish a PSVIta game (Sly Cooper or Dead Nation)

- decide what to play on the PS3 after the DLC of Watch Dogs

Happy trophy hunting!

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4