Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

4 hours ago, Xylobe said:

March Update

I went into this month intending to tackle Tales of Graces f and inFamous on PS3 and Atelier Totori Plus on Vita, and I managed to complete all three with hours to spare. Tales of Graces wraps up the last non-Japanese stack of the last non-Zestiria game in the Tales series for me, which I set out to complete a year ago when lockdown really kicked in. I'm definitely looking forward to Arise, but I hope it follows Berseria in having a single trophy list. inFamous is, of course, infamous among trophy hunters for its high number of collectibles with no in-game tracking, but luckily 2013 me was a forward-thinker and printed off a physical map to keep track of the ~200 blast shards I'd found before I put the game down. Somehow I managed to keep those around, even after a move. Being able to pick up exactly where I left off made the whole process go off without a hitch, and it definitely felt good to finally throw those old maps away. Atelier Totori Plus is another game I started way back then and quickly set aside, and as someone who's allergic to using items in RPGs it was rough. I couldn't get into the game at all, at least not until it finally clicked-- the Stockholm syndrome kicked in?-- and I couldn't put it down. I plan on continuing to focus on my PS3 and Vita backlogs, especially given recent news, but I'm already looking forward to playing the rest of the Atelier series on PS4 now that I'm done with Tales. I also pounded out a few quick Vita platinums with the hours I had left over, to make up for the completion drop from new Immortals and A Hat in Time DLC trophies, but the only one of those worth reflecting on is Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet, which was adorable.

For April, I'm having some trouble deciding what to work on, but inFamous 2 will definitely be on the list. Looking at my backlog, I'm thinking about Final Fantasy XIII and maybe God of War on Vita, but those two are subject to change.

Original Starting PCG: 84.87%

Last Month's PCG: 85.59%

Current PCG: 86.06% (+.47%)

inFAMOUS 2 & Festival of Blood servers have had problems, so if you want to get the online trophies, I recommend you get the as soon as possible. I got Festival of Blood for about 4.46€, and I really enjoyed it. You might want to check it out in addition to playing inFAMOUS 2. P.S. Remember that PSV & PS3 store will be shut down soon. 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2021 at 10:43 AM, Spinacheq said:

Minecraft (Vita):

Most of my week went into this one.  I was rebuilding my plat world and managed to get a great seed this time, where I had a village with a cleric, also a huge (by vita standards) nether fortress with 2 blaze spawners, and plenty of walkways for getting skele skulls.  So have I have a world set up to respawn the dragon, spawn the wither, and easy enough to get other components.  (if anyone needs any help let me know.)  Thankfully I was able to clean up the last few trophies and finish off the last 3 DLC's for this game and get it to 100% complete, YEA!!!

Great work - I own but haven't played Minecraft Vita yet, if you have a plat world built I might have to pester you at some point...

I'll post a full and proper update for myself quite soon but most of this month has been playing cheap and not so cheerful games that can be platted in like 10 minutes - wanted to pick up some trophies after generally slow progress and frustration with other titles and wanted to line up trophy 4000 and platinum 100 for GTA 5 on the PS3 - which should happen relatively soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, P3hmo6 said:

inFAMOUS 2 & Festival of Blood servers have had problems, so if you want to get the online trophies, I recommend you get the as soon as possible. I got Festival of Blood for about 4.46€, and I really enjoyed it. You might want to check it out in addition to playing inFAMOUS 2. P.S. Remember that PSV & PS3 store will be shut down soon. 

Appreciate the heads up! I actually did Festival of Blood and inFamous 2's online trophies a few years ago when I first heard about server troubles, so it's just the main game itself that's left.

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

I have earned my 100th plat, Trasnsitor, great game, better sound track!

Congrats on the milestone! Transistor is one of my all-time favorites, so I'm always glad to see others enjoy it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@Spinacheq
Original Starting PCG: 73.33%                    March Earned Trophies: 153
Goal PCG: 80%                    March Earned Platinums: 4
March Starting PCG: 76.25%                    March Games Started: 1
Current PCG: 78.78%                    March Games Completed: 7
Month Increase: 2.53%
Total Increase: 5.45%

@Squirlruler thanks love seeing the monthly update makes me feel like I haven't wasted a month on video games like my wife says lol.  Now I can kill my progress by starting a bunch of ps3/vita games that have multiplayer I want to get done before all the shutdowns as I don't trust the game companies to not also shut down any servers if people can't buy games anymore.

8 hours ago, mareepx said:

Great work - I own but haven't played Minecraft Vita yet, if you have a plat world built I might have to pester you at some point...

Sure just let me know, we can even do all the multiplayer ones with just us 2 people.  It isn't a full trophy world as there are still something that are easier in the tutorial world. But I have it all set up for wither, end dragon respawn.  I have another water world that has a mob spawner that is easy enough to get the skele from 50 m away from.  I just don't have a guardian one since the tutorial world has one and you can make diamond armor in it super fast and easy.

Edited by Spinacheq
  • Like 3

Seriously, adulting is some bullshit! Another hectic month with little gaming time, but I'm hoping that having a 4 day weekend for Easter will give me a good start to April. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@LukaLaurent
Original Starting PCG: 78.5%                    March Earned Trophies: 54
Goal PCG: 85%                    March Earned Platinums: 1
March Starting PCG: 79.55%                    March Games Started: 1
Current PCG: 79.68%                    March Games Completed: 2
Month Increase: 0.13%
Total Increase: 1.18%

Well I'm making progress, but I'm not sure I'm going to make my goal - I'd have to delve into my unearned trophies more than I plan on doing, which I've only put 6 games onto the list! And that's to weave between new games that come out that I want to play straight away. But it's possible - I am doing well so far! See how long Demon's Souls takes me, lol.

• Like 1

Other than MHW, I didn't have much of a successful last month  (though I did end up playing Lego: Jurrasic World with my mom and we absolutely SMASHED through that game! Only got a little bit left to do before completing that one, but I'm not doing it by myself. Gotta look for another opportunity to go back over and complete this one).

Most of this past month was spent reflecting on why I trophy hunt, making some decisions that will affect how I approach this hobby going forward and ultimately just taking a break last month in general. Now I've got that spark back and hoping to really kick things back into gear going forward. 

I'll be doing Outriders and probably seeing if I can play Lego: Hobbit this month. I eventually have to swing back to the games I have incomplete while balancing a couple events at the same time. Though since I'm not on the "official" list here, my progress will be dicey when it comes to this event. We'll see though. :D 

Edited by Sword
  • Like 4

Update 13. 4/2/2021

Starting PCG    32.61%
Previous Week 35.23%
Current PCG    35.61%
Goal = 50%

Games played
Breakthrough Baseball - 99 cents for a 5 min plat and a bible verse. 
Batman AK - Played all the Story DLCs, still have a bunch of Riddler trophies to get before I hit NG+
Rez Infinite - Got the :platinum: today. Fun game, but I'm happy to be done with it now. Gets really repetitive.

Week 14 plans

-Plat The Walking Dead Season 1 PS3

-Finally get 100% in Limbo PS3

-Start the Rayman Legends grind

Keeping it brief this week since I'm watching baseball and hunting monsters. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sword said:

I'll be doing Outriders and probably seeing if I can play Lego: Hobbit this month. I eventually have to swing back to the games I have incomplete while balancing a couple events at the same time. Though since I'm not on the "official" list here, my progress will be dicey when it comes to this event. We'll see though. :D 

I recommend you give the LEGO Hobbit game a miss and recommend you play the Lord of the Rings game instead. The Hobbit was never finished and it was a real let down. 

Each to their own but that is what I recommend. 

7 minutes ago, Gumby114 said:

I recommend you give the LEGO Hobbit game a miss and recommend you play the Lord of the Rings game instead. The Hobbit was never finished and it was a real let down. 

Each to their own but that is what I recommend. 

I second that recommendation the hobbit one was not that great for a Lego game.

@Gumby114 @Spinacheq Oh I most definitely would... if I had a PS3. :( Sadly I came to the PS scene late in 2019 and so I only have a PS4 and with PS3 digital going away it'll be harder for me to get those games down the line. Lego LOTR is one of my ABSOLUTE favorites and EASILY beats the Hobbit by a mile (Hobbit doesn't even have the 5 armies in it, ugh!) I've played both on Xbox years back and so I'm just swinging back around to them on PS to add to my trophy collection, except looks like I'll never be able to put LOTR on there. Booo.

Tried to look it up on PS4 but I don't think they made a PS4 version which makes me really sad. 

Edited by Sword

1 hour ago, Sword said:

@Gumby114 @Spinacheq Oh I most definitely would... if I had a PS3. :( Sadly I came to the PS scene late in 2019 and so I only have a PS4 and with PS3 digital going away it'll be harder for me to get those games down the line. Lego LOTR is one of my ABSOLUTE favorites and EASILY beats the Hobbit by a mile (Hobbit doesn't even have the 5 armies in it, ugh!) I've played both on Xbox years back and so I'm just swinging back around to them on PS to add to my trophy collection, except looks like I'll never be able to put LOTR on there. Booo.

Tried to look it up on PS4 but I don't think they made a PS4 version which makes me really sad. 

They did not make a PS4 version of LOTR, but I do have a vita hard copy that is completed. I was bummed to that Hobbit was never updated for the last movie. That is why I hate games that come out early in a new IP like that. Look at Attack on Titan, instead of updating they released a second game that had you do the same story line again from scratch when season two came out. At least with season three they learned their lesson and just made it an add on and not a whole new game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Megaquarium

Finally this went on sale. I'm having fun with it as a filler game and its bringing back a lot of memories for me. I actually had quite a few of the fish in the game in various aquariums over the years as a hobby. Trophy list is really straight-forward too and all trophies will likely come just by playing the game. Its an added bonus.

Big tip with the last level. I'm not sure if they updated the game but I overloaded the game by having too many tanks and it kept crashing. I ended up deleting everything and making one huge tank when you had to put the last fish in. It didn't look very good but at least I could finish the game. 

It's a must play if you have or have ever owned an aquarium. I had a blast playing it. It surprisingly in depth with compatibility and tank set ups. 

• Like 1