Trophies for Mental Health (Event)

39 minutes ago, Ellie-nyan said:

~~Badge Time~~

First off, I want to personally say a massive thank you to everyone who took part in this event. Mental health is such an important topic, today more than ever with the mental health of the general population taking a significant decline during the on-going pandemic. The fact that we were all able to come together like this to raise awareness, get a conversation going about mental health, and even donate money to various organisations as a community is just amazing, and I'm so proud of you all for taking part 1f63d.png

Anyway, without further ado, here are the badges for everyone~! I hope you like them~! 1f638.png

I've organised the badges alphabetically by PSN username to make them easier to find~!

NXikMGy.pngULFy9Mw.pngdIqg2K9.pngzEIIrXk.pngzIZwPlH.pngEt37GKf.pngYjv2r2c.pngjZuh2im.pngZMI2zY0.png9IjgkbX.pngU6SSndJ.pngG1XF9fr.pngkgrfbZb.pngLS1PaWQ.pngqnaB2kk.pngUUtgD6h.pngJd3Va5U.pngdSYzJQJ.pngdr9LT2u.pngEzyeIo2.pngjVvbJwt.pngyoLmuBr.pngY8viRKe.pngjq8Mzl3.pngZ4fsLA1.pngbW1Z9vx.pngIKCAE2P.pngF5S40o3.pngCZcNsJy.png1uoNRn9.png7GMDIbH.pngig9ah5f.pngTPQBj0g.pngwFC0d1c.pngpKtgMLq.pngQSSXDZw.pngQR1AEon.pngmqNP3jC.pngSirnNxk.pngikKlpGN.pngQ8tiKVF.pngwJeBKNe.pngkMklWlW.pngbOpzsmx.pngughKwcL.pngDJDk7RZ.pngxp1NJl2.pngJLjW77P.pngrODPw1D.png4v0FxQf.pngorLtLmg.pngPaizqFY.png3yzcTs9.pngn2HKfKE.png20WN0xM.png9orDQiA.pngDMAihEx.pngR6jWsT8.pngNcQtL28.pngusCPYDO.pngaw5LN3C.pngcdumxdh.pngOsasEIZ.pngfywcDWK.pngUdf7Og2.pngETgNjhf.pngIQYEAWR.png3nU4Gka.pngiwlG42P.pngdctXHqO.pngmusIWMj.png3XNa2Bl.pngJ04Ywe6.pngyGsLp1V.pngcADST76.pngfoUoihC.pngbOBkWhS.png66CF4ct.pngmWK3o8K.pngpJ4aOcZ.pnglLpo9Mv.pngCm7zJpV.pngAZqtW50.pngvE58hTl.png3Jhi9GV.pnguVNeMND.pngD7WrvzJ.pngtvhbAH2.png

(and a mass ping for the badges - @Beyondthegrave07 @Dead Weight @Neptuos @MissShake @Cassylvania @JourneySilvers @MrFudge @Morgana @Han_the_Dragon @DrBloodmoney @Dr_Mayus @enaysoft @kindajustin @pinkrobot_pb @Dzware @Anxiety @AK-1138 @ExistentialSolid @kingofbattle8174 @Violino @Zanreo @eigen-space @DeadlyPerfume @FoxyKatt_ @Briste @Inuty @ValenTris7 @SpaceCoresDad @rangers_lead5278 @Quixotesque @AuroraHistoire @Together_Comic @Jens @Tiffanniebaby @Jello @DamagingRob @gruffiiti @GuitaristZag @s68sc @Hisuiryu @oxford_wolf007 @ArchaeanHorizon @IntroPhenom @Weskerfan75 @WDB_Chaotic @TimeLordCrow13y @SupergiantStarr @JimboUrbanian @MattbluePT @edolusill @cocoeggs @Starrk_01 @Neocarleen @brosephstalin3fm @Im2Fast_4U @Cerlayjux @Poptartboy54 @Last-_-Judgment @Pieroluc)

Also proof of donation (1, 2). I counted 90 badges, but even if there should only be 89, 90 is a better number to donate.

This is beautiful ?

• Like 1

The artwork for the badges is absolutely amazing. Great work @Ellie-nyan. @Beyondthegrave07, thank you for putting together a great event. Perhaps we should do more awareness campaigns in the future. All of those who donated, I applaud you as well. And of course all the gamers that took part, shared stories and made this event what it is. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's the dancer from Bound. We thought it was cool that she used ribbons already so Ellie gave her a green one.

Thank you!

1. Would you like to see more events on PSNP like this? 

Absolutely!

1. What are ways we could improve this event next year (assuming I run it)?

I think the only thing I think might have been cool in this one is if the front page each person's game(s) was listed, and a link embedded to their posts - just so anyone could see the breadth of games covered, and quickly jump to the person's take on it?

Otherwise, I don't think you could have done much to improve it - seems to go swimmingly!

1. If you said "yes" to the first question, what are some ideas for similar events you'd like to see? Here are some ideas I've been playing around with.
    1. Have an event around Christmas to donate money to a nearby homeless shelter, toys for tots, other charitable foundations
    2. Perhaps maybe one for a donation to an animal shelter? (I would really need help fleshing this one out, lol)
    3. Cancer or other diseases?

There are specific conditions / causes that have their own calendar months / weeks / days - for example Autism Awareness Month was this April, or Cancer Awareness Month is coming this October, so those could maybe provide a natural framework and calander for some more specific events?

Certainly with the cross section of users on this site, I would wager a fair number have had some personal stories that relate - either of themselves, loved ones or friends colleagues etc

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

2. What are ways we could improve this event next year (assuming I run it)?
  3. If you said "yes" to the first question, what are some ideas for similar events you'd like to see? Here are some ideas I've been playing around with.
    1. Have an event around Christmas to donate money to a nearby homeless shelter, toys for tots, other charitable foundations
    2. Perhaps maybe one for a donation to an animal shelter? (I would really need help fleshing this one out, lol)

1.  Absolutely yes!

2.  I don't think there are many (any) improvements that need to be made to this format

3.  I feel like Able Gamers would be a great charity to support with a event supporting disability awareness.  Also Extra Life might be a good one later in the year.  I was thinking as well something centered around Save our Oceans.  An event around Christmas is also a fantastic idea.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yes, this was awesome.

50 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If you said "yes" to the first question, what are some ideas for similar events you'd like to see? Here are some ideas I've been playing around with.

An animal related event would be great, i'm totally down for that

For an idea, i think the bonus badge was a really interesting one, since there's a lot of introverts gamers, and there's findings that show that introverts are more vulnerable to depression and decreased mental well-being, why not make an event around this topic? Like a Trophies for Friendship Event or something along those lines. There could be like teams of 2 people each, you list a few games that you have that are related to friendships, games with a party system, coop, etc, just like the bonus badge , and your teammate choose what game you'll play for the event, and by the end you can tell your experience with the game, your teammate, etc. I think that could be fun.

Edited by Neptuos
  • Like 1

Fantastic badges @Ellie-nyan. They remind me of the strange, almost juxtaposition sensation of being united with you all in feeling alone in the fight against mental health conditions. I’ll look at it and know that this event showed me how many other like minded people out there suffer in unison with me, and that as a community, we can fight these demons.

Thanks for arranging and managing this event @Beyondthegrave07. It helped me to play the games I’d been afraid of due to wanting to avoid the visualisations of my own mental health problems on screen. Facing Limbo Boy’s anxious threat of peril in a grey world, Max Caulfield’s social anxiety, and Michonne’s depression and grief were harrowing, but also freeing.

I would be eager to join more events, as the very core of this one is why I have only really watched instead of interacted on this site despite being a member for many years.

Edited by rangers_lead5278
  • Like 2

Holy shit I was not expecting those badges to be so beautiful, thanks a bunch @Ellie-nyan My comments on this site will look 200% cooler once I figure out how to stick it in my sig ?

And of course a gargantuan thanks to @Beyondthegrave07 for not only having the virtue to create this event, but also ensuring that it ran so impeccably. 

Tbh one of the main reasons that I don’t use this site often is that it had lost that charming sense of community that I used to like so much about Internet forums. But this was a great reminder of how many awesome folks are still here, keeping that community spirit going strong. Thanks to all :) 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Briste said:

This is fantastic! This has been a great experience and I want to thank you once again for your efforts here. I'm very happy to see the high turnout and to echo @DrBloodmoney, how well everyone came together and bonded for a good cause with zero drama. Well done PSNP community!

@Ellie-nyan

G1XF9fr.png  kgrfbZb.png

These look fantastic, thank you!

Yes, I think this was very well thought out and very well executed. If we could do more events like this that can either 1) spread awareness on a topic and/or 2) raise money for a good cause, that would be great.

Honestly, I thought this was perfect. I enjoy doing a lot of the events that people sponsor here, however a lot of them can be a pretty steep undertaking. I feel like this was an achievable goal for virtually everyone, created excellent dialogue within the community and also had no pressure to do more than that. The prize was also very well done badges, which I think a lot of people enjoy collecting.

I think your suggestions are spot on. Maybe an event around Thanksgiving (or a more universal holiday) that calls for donations to food banks...anything like that is a good idea.

While I generally find those to be a lot of fun as well...I feel like the attendance may not be as high, however I guess depending on what the requirements are for the event it may not make a difference. This was kind of a pilot program with this kind of event (I think) so I don't think it would hurt to try a bunch of different things and see what works and what doesn't. This was a great start and I honestly don't think too much more is needed when it is going for a good cause. Maybe something like a 'walk-a-thon' where we have an event where we can donate a $1 (or more/less) where people volunteer to pay for each trophy earned that day for the event or if it is longer, for each platinum? Skies the limit here with options :)

And here's the peace of mind for my part that the pledge was followed through (I made it an even $100):

NcXGoNJ.png

My thoughts are that it will probably be impossible for me to find another cause like mental health to invoke the same type of feelings and dialogue in this thread. However, that doesn't mean I can't invoke a feeling just as strong.

My initial thought of a competition was having a sponsor who's willing to donate to a cause that they particularly care for and people could sign up for whatever cause they want to in order to boost the donation to that cause and the team that raised the most money wins a special badge.

Teams would be inbalanced as heck,  and the idea would need to be fleshed out more in order for it to work so we don't have teams of 3 and a team of 49, but that was my initial idea. I can't recreate the same euphoria in this thread, but maybe I can bring the competitor spirit and passion out of the hunters to show how much they care for a certain cause.

Again, just an idea. Not saying we are doing a competition, not saying it'll be something similar to this.

I also thought about raising money for cancer research during breast cancer month and donate $1 for any trophy earned with an image with pink in it... I'm just afraid I'll go broke. ?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

My initial thought of a competition was having a sponsor who's willing to donate to a cause that they particularly care for and people could sign up for whatever cause they want to in order to boost the donation to that cause and the team that raised the most money wins a special badge.

That's actually more or less what we are doing in the UR Cleanup event ?  but without teams. Mori and myself chose two organizations that will receive a donation at the end of the event sponsored by us two. Participants fill the donation pot by completing eligible games, and the pot is then evenly split. We rank the participants based on the amount they raised.

We're at roughly 1200€ right now.

Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, too! So yeah, I think if you want to do something in that direction, it could work. We have proof ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

The badges are beautiful, and knowing that there is so much good even within a small community like trophy hunting is heart warming. Good luck to everyone struggling with mental health still, it sucks but I hope there are plenty of warm moments in your life to help keep you going. 

Thank you to everyone who donated as well ❤️

• Like 1