Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

The reason I actually joined this event, which is completing my three backlog games, is still at the starting point. I haven’t completed any of them. Damn you Ys Origin and your annoying game crashes.

When I complete my current games I’ll be up at around 99.75%. Going to give Ys another go pretty soon, but after 40+ game crashes I kind of gave up hope. Not going to bother with SMB or Wolfenstein II until I get Ys Origin done.

3 minutes ago, Niilismo said:

Jesus. Is this issue specific to the PS4 version? Cause I plan to play the Vita version at some point, hopefully I won't have to deal with constant crashing.

Yeah I think it’s on PS4 only. But I’m not 100% sure. Never crashed once during the story but time attack is unplayable for me.

24 minutes ago, Niilismo said:

Jesus. Is this issue specific to the PS4 version? Cause I plan to play the Vita version at some point, hopefully I won't have to deal with constant crashing.

I platted both of them and as long as you get the updates it should be fine.  To be honest, the bigger issue was lag in the Vita version rather than crashing.  That was resolved with an update before I got the plat.  Saving often is a good idea in general with RPGs though because even the most stable game can crash.  To be honest, I find crashing happens more often when you are playing for longer play sessions and time attack can get lengthy if you have to do a lot of retries.  Only crash I had in the PS4 version was when I was doing a lenghty grinding session for level 60.  Can't say for sure if that is what @BB-BakkerJ is experiencing, but if that is a trouble for anyone playing the game, my advice would be to practice the later bosses individually until they can be done without needing a retry.  I personally had no crashes in time attack in either version, but I'd played the game enough via the Steam version to be able to do it on the first attempt.  If you can do that, you're looking at just under an hour to accomplish it.

Anyway, as far as I go, dropped this month because of Trails of Cold Steel IV coming out towards the end of the month and I sure didn't have time to finish it.  Thing is, I'd like to make it my 200th plat and I'm only at 185 and running out of short plats and none of my incompletes are short as well.  So my focus is definitely going to be to finish up the shortest stuff I have and get as far in Cold Steel IV as I can without getting the plat.

My goal was 65% and I'm sitting at 65.10%. I might still start a new game/or two but should be able to get back to 65%.

I have also decided to stop focusing on trophies so much next year. LEGO Harry Potter glitched on me, tried to play the damn game twice and the same issue. Started playing Watch Dogs recently, one trophy already glitched and I absolutely don't feel like replaying the game again. I've realised caring/focusing too much on trophies takes away my enjoyment from the games. It forces, in a way, to play games differently.

I will still try to get as many trophies as a filthy casual can but I won't let it stop me from starting/playing games as I used to long time ago.

• Like 4

I tried to start the last of us 2, to reward myself for doing so good on my completion last month. I rented it from gamefly. sadly the game wouldn't install, they sent two games in one envelope sleeve and no partition.. I think the disc were damaged by being mailed that way. Also the the non installation disc was covered in finger prints i'm a little bummed because I put that game off with the it being slightly spoiled, I was waiting till I could have the patience for the writing. Probally wait till digital sale or it is free on ps plus.

I have so many games I put off for to raise my psn completion. Im glad my completion has gone up, but I don't know what Im gonna do when I reach my goal. I know one thing I'll probally still be playing games

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, Copanele said:

I forgot to check my actual completion...reached 91.19% ! Given that the initial goal was 85%...yeah it's a good improvement I'd say.  

I will try again with another third goal of 93%. Not sure if I can reach the sweet 95% by the end of the year,I'll take baby steps.

Welp, finally reached the goal : 93% !!! I'd say I did some major cleaning on my backlog this year.

Will see about the 95%, I don't have my hopes up (+ I don't feel like playing the easy stuff on my list just to boost the numbers up) but we shall see, there's still 1.5

months left!

EDIT : Well couldn't help myself and started AC Valhalla, percentage is back to 92.47%. Oh well,  will recover soon xD 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

How are we all going? Been a while since I posted but i have been lurking in the background........ not finishing backlog games. 

I started One Piece: World Seeker a few days ago. It is pretty fun - it won't win any awards but it isn't as bad as the reviews made it out to be. It did drop me by 0.8%. I wont hit my 85% completion but should hit the events initial goal of 5% increase  (unless I can increase by 5% in a month and half.....)

Congratulations to everyone who has achieved their goal. Really well done!

P.S. is anyone already looking forward to next years challenge? 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.11.2020 at 2:59 AM, Gumby114 said:

I think It's going to be the opposite for me. I'll start more new games next year, which is going to bring my completion down. Maybe I'll join the next KYC event instead.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:59 PM, Gumby114 said:

Yes. I'm clearly not reaching 100% in a month due to Monster Hunter World (and Iceborne) being an insane grind, but I'll almost certainly get there fairly early next year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Hello friends. Another month and more completion! Actually got a bit of a bump since I decided to play some Dragon Age over the weekend. Doesn't look like I will reach my goal unless I can just finish up a bunch of games in the next few weeks lmfao. Will probably be able to close the gap more, since I don't plan on starting anymore games and just working on ones that are already started. Maybe next year I can reach that 90% goal... lol How is everyone else fairing?

I managed to get my hands on a PS5 so my percentage is dropping a bit. Still my goal was 90% by the end of the year and It looks like I will get that! Maybe next year the road to 95%.

• Like 2

I only had a tiny gain this month as I had starting a few new games (including Shadow of Mordor before the servers go down) that have kinda just sat most of the month. Im happy with what I did manage to complete as a few of those games have been on the profile for a good while. Feels good to knock those ones out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Doesn't look like I will reach my goal unless I can just finish up a bunch of games in the next few weeks lmfao. Will probably be able to close the gap more, since I don't plan on starting anymore games and just working on ones that are already started. Maybe next year I can reach that 90% goal... lol How is everyone else fairing?

I'm in a similar boat because I know I'm not reaching my goal and I know the possibility of me finishing up anything in the next few weeks is unlikely.  I only plan to start some short stuff this month to meet my backlog goal.  My goal was to get to less than 60 games not started.  I'm at 61 after caving and buying something in a Black Friday sale (I couldn't resist Trials of Mana for $20).  I have a couple of short games remaining that I can use to knock that down to 59 by the end of the year.

I'm still happy with my overall progression though.  I did gain a good amount of completion and actually for once succeeded in reducing the size of my backlog overall.  I do think if we have this event next year I'm going to go for a more doable goal of 99%.  My main goal right now is to wrap up the games i started in 2020 first.

• Like 2