Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

54 minutes ago, ChuckDNorris said:

im open to people making suggestion on which game i should attaclk next on my list

im working on diablo 3 atm, if any wants to join

I'd say finish the first Jak & Daxter if you still have it. It can be platinumed in 2-3 nights, or even in one sitting if you know what you're doing. Fun game, I thought about re-playing it again, even though I have the platinum already.

BTW, nice work so far. The 7% increase is really cool and impressive, considering the fact that you have over 800 games!

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChuckDNorris said:

I killed it this month, I raised my completion percentage  0.7 pencent. 

However, I have like 40 games I haven't started. most notable final fantasy 7 remake, god of war, greedfall, savage planet, death stranding, doom eternal and outerworlds. plus I have ps now which also adds much more options. by doing this challenge im trying to find balance. I want to play new games, but I have been tyring to bring up my precentage up before this challnge last year. In last june 2019 my completion was like 32% and now today it is 38.97 percent 

im open to people making suggestion on which game i should attaclk next on my list

I have said this before in this forum, take my advice how you wish but I would start with the 3 Spyro Games and Spiderman. That is 4 very easy but enjoyable Plats. I would also play any story mode you have until the end then start a different game on you list. At 800+ games you will probably have more success playing 3 complete stories/1 new game. You must play God of War. I really think it is my best PS4 game ever. 

I see you have NiNoKuni at a low percentage. It takes close to 130 hours to plat but gee did I love it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChuckDNorris said:

I killed it this month, I raised my completion percentage  0.7 pencent. 

However, I have like 40 games I haven't started. most notable final fantasy 7 remake, god of war, greedfall, savage planet, death stranding, doom eternal and outerworlds. plus I have ps now which also adds much more options. by doing this challenge im trying to find balance. I want to play new games, but I have been tyring to bring up my precentage up before this challnge last year. In last june 2019 my completion was like 32% and now today it is 38.97 percent 

My advice would be to make a goal regarding starting new games.  Maybe you have to get 1% added before you start a new game.  I also agree with the other person who said just try to finish story in a few games and you should see some nice increases.  When you have so much any trophies earned will help so you could easily play a few games and earn a few trophies and then wrap up the most fun one too.  When I had a bunch more games I rather enjoyed picking 5, play them long enough to raise from E to D and then plat the one I liked best.  Win-win for me because I made progress in multiple games and the extra playtime gave me a better idea of if I'd like the game or not and then the one I decided to plat I'd be really excited for.  An increase from E to D also often only takes a few hours but feels like decent progress.

As far as some suggestions, have a few.  Some easy ones to wrap up would be: Welcome Park, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, The Unfinished Swan, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.  You could also pretty easily get most trophies in Zuma and Bejeweled 3, but 100%ing those takes a bit longer.  Some really good games that I'd say are worth at least finishing story on are Nier and Ni no Kuni.  Once you wrap the story in Nier you can get a good chunk of those speedrun trophies for the bosses very quickly afterwards since the second playthrough takes very little time to finish.  It's the grind for forging master that's a beast in that one and will take most of your time.  Ni No Kuni is also pretty easy to get a bunch of trophies in and the only obnoxious grinds are the alchemy trophy and the one for catching 200+ different familiars.

Well I went a little in the neg  at the end. i started a few new titles while I work on a few things. I started persona 4 today, and collecting orbs for sackboy at the same time. Thats after Soma was started the other day. I have one new game and one older game for each system running simultaneously. I went back not to word searches to finish it off. I have a goal for each, hit the goal, switch over the other game hit the goal. It may be complete a chapter or whatever. I have had to scale back my time since I was getting reprimanded for doing too much again so I want to make progress still so I need to play smartly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Pretty slow month for me. Been trying to clean up some of the more grindy games. Finished Borderlands GOTY, and did Freedom Wars, which was a lot of fun. Getting pretty close with FO76 (ugh). Then need to go back and finish Iceborne. Grinding gear in Minecraft Dungeons. I think my next game will be a game without much difficulty in trophies that I can just play to enjoy haha. Too many grinds >.<

How did everyone else do?

As usual, many thanks for the help compiling all that data into a nice list :D 

Aiming for the new 90% target (initially was 85%). Slowly gaining trophies, at 85.60%. Taking my sweet time with Titan Quest, not rushing, I will go straight into AC Odyssey and Far Cry Primal afterwards, that will explode my percentage anyway.

Gotta say, completing as much backlog as possible really is fun! Those games don't feel like wasted money anymore xD 

• Like 3

Thanks @Squirlruler!

This month has been a slow one for me too as been focused on AC:Odyssey almost exclusively. I’m sitting near around 100 hours and a lot of the legwork has been done now on the longer trophy requirements so should be able to finish up the plat fairly quickly. Still on the fence about tackling the DLC right away or pushing it to knock out a few other games from the backlog first.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Squirlruler said:

How did everyone else do?

Reached my total percent goal thanks to TLOU. All those golds and silvers have boosted my completion percentage pretty quickly. And there are still more to get on the way to the plat.

Previously I changed my goal to 85%, but I quickly reached that number as well. So I did some math, and I think I can try to aim for 90% completion now. But at the same time I'm kinda satisfied with where it sits currently ?.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 2

Nice to see some people have met their goals or getting close to completing their goals. :)

Well, this month has been exclusively Disgaea 5 for me pretty much. My sister came over to my apartment to hang out cause she really needed it that day and I had Unravel in my backlog. She saw it in my library and wanted to play it cause she thought it looked cute so I let her start the game. Will have to go back to complete it before years end but it looks pretty easy. Or maybe she'll complete it for me when she comes over again. xD

Now, Disgaea. Oh boy. I'm hooked and want to buy all the games from this series. This game has pretty much everything I'd ever want in a video game: Obscene leveling, funny story with serious elements to it that doesn't take itself too serious (but also isn't childish either), an entire cast of likable characters (ultra rare for me to love every member of a cast!), crazy grinding (100+ hours of fun, level 9999, reincarnation, oh my!) and power (millions and millions of stat points!!!), tons of stuff to do like base building, weapon upgrading, moving weapon powers around to create crazy setups, creating custom characters for your party, etc, etc.

I'm 50 hours in and haven't even finished 2/3rds of the story yet... and the REAL game starts after post-game! I LOVE games that have a deep end-game. I'm SO sick and tired of games where there's nothing to do after you finish the story. With Disgaea, it's like "Oh, you finished the story? Great! You finished the tutorial, now the REAL fun begins!"

I could go on and on, but needless to say I have my eyes on Disgaea 4 Complete+ and Disgaea 1 Complete for whenever they go on sale. It'll be an INSTANT buy for me, absolutely NO question about it. Rarely do series hook me like Disgaea has to the point where I'd buy every game in the series in an instant. 10/10 happiness this month and I'm just over the moon with how satisfied I've been in my gaming, regardless of the fact it's taking me so long to earn these trophies. 

Now... after Disgaea I'm finally going to swoop back and complete these games like Skyrim and Star Ocean that have been sitting there waiting since this event first opened up. Hopefully in 3-4 months, my % completion will be a very nice 95% or more. 

As I had mentioned previously, I will no longer be able to get 100% based on Super Meat Boy + Dark Souls (I'm not platting the ones I started due to the release of Demon's Soul's on PS5. Going to do a "plat rain" on the series and get them all on the same day). But I still hope to perhaps get 98% or 99%. :)

• Like 1

My month started off real slow but I turned on the turbo jets towards the end of the month and got myself to 0.17% away from my goal. I should hopefully hit my goal soon. Then it will be time to make a stretch goal. I am thinking 85% by years end “should” be doable. Have to hit the original goal first though. Time to get back to it...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Might I suggest Monster Hunter World then 1f601.png1f601.png

Ah, unfortunately MHW falls under the "Multiplayer" realm for me. I used to be extremely addicted to multiplayer games and now I have been avoiding them, as they present a gateway of temptation to fall back into old habits. Though is certainly looks fun and I'd play it if we were talking to a younger version of me. Haha. :) Stuff like FF14, MHW, or pretty much any multiplayer game is off the table for me unless I can earn the 100% offline (like Dark Souls which has online elements to it but all trophies can be earned/farmed offline). 

Alright! While this wasn't a huge increase in completion rate, I'm satisfied that I beat last month's increase of... 0%. I'm going to be trophy hunting a lot more in the next few months. Should be able to reach the goal by maybe September or October, depending on how long some games like PC Building Simulator take.

5 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@ladynadiad
Original Starting PCG: 96.16%                    June Earned Trophies: 70
Goal PCG: 99.5%                    June Earned Platinums: 2
June Starting PCG: 96.77%                    June Games Started: 2
Current PCG: 97.02%                    June Games Completed: 2
Month Increase: 0.25%
Total Increase: 0.86%

Definitely happy with reaching 97% just in time for the stats to come out.  Doing KYC this month, so it will go down, but it's a much more reasonable list so the drop should be minimal and recovered fast.  Also going to try to wrap up some quickie games to get my unstarted backlog down some more and slowly chip away at FFX-2 and Tales of Symphonia in the meantime.  Hoping to wrap up FFX-2 by the end of the month and at least one additional playthrough of Tales of Symphonia.

• Like 1

I think i'm in a slump for 2 factors: 1.- I'm starting some new games (mostly to get rid of PS3 online trophies). 2.- Work and home chores give me almost no time to play. But this will change in this month (vacations and free time for most of the day) so, hopefully, percentage will go up.

9 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Thanks @Squirlruler!

This month has been a slow one for me too as been focused on AC:Odyssey almost exclusively. I’m sitting near around 100 hours and a lot of the legwork has been done now on the longer trophy requirements so should be able to finish up the plat fairly quickly. Still on the fence about tackling the DLC right away or pushing it to knock out a few other games from the backlog first.

Get into the DLC mate. I had a break and regret not doing it straight away.

@SquirlrulerThanks for the update! 6 months in and just shy of 3%.... a lot of legwork to go. 

A few days ago I decided to take a short break from Monster Hunter World and finally play The Witness, which I'd been meaning to get to for a while. Incredible game overall, but The Challenge can go fuck itself. Whereas everything else in the game has a very relaxing atmosphere and no time limit, The Challenge is a timed sequence of randomly generated puzzles. It's meant to test whether you've beaten the rest of the game legitimately: if you've been following a guide up until that point, you won't understand the mechanics well enough to do these puzzles quickly on your own, and you can't use a guide here as they're randomly generated. The problem is that the time limit is not generous at all, so you need to keep retrying until you get easy puzzles.

Took me quite a few tries, but I finally beat it and got the plat. I'm not done with the game, though, as there are still quite a few things to do that aren't required for the trophies.

• Like 3

I barely play these days. It's strange as I have more free time finally, yet I go for weeks without playing anything. There just isn't any game I would feel like getting into. I noticed I've been missing MMORPGs lately and I'm debating whether I should return to WoW.

It's mid month time! How are we all travelling? Are we kicking goals or are we still on the bench. Reading people's progress has really kept me going. 

I have spent this month playing the Witcher 3 (I hate how much I am enjoying it). I began the game begrudgingly in 2017, with little interest or desire to play the game. I played the game until midway through the Bloody Baron's segment of missions and decided that it just wasn't for me. I didn't enjoy the combat, the story or the sheer size of the game. I installed and deleted the game 4 or 5 times over the past 3 years and never really played it more than 5 minutes before loosing interest.

I have enjoyed the game this time around. I did drop the difficulty to sword and story and started the game again to ensure that I am able to get all of the missable trophies. I am now up to Skellige and cannot wait to finish work to play it. I will be content with an overall completion of 70% or more as the game has sat on 7% completed for sometime.

I am also playing Overwatch competitively again and really enjoying that.

Looking forward to all of your updates this month.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gumby114 said:

It's mid month time! How are we all travelling? Are we kicking goals or are we still on the bench. Reading people's progress has really kept me going. 

I have spent this month playing the Witcher 3 (I hate how much I am enjoying it). I began the game begrudgingly in 2017, with little interest or desire to play the game. I played the game until midway through the Bloody Baron's segment of missions and decided that it just wasn't for me. I didn't enjoy the combat, the story or the sheer size of the game. I installed and deleted the game 4 or 5 times over the past 3 years and never really played it more than 5 minutes before loosing interest.

I have enjoyed the game this time around. I did drop the difficulty to sword and story and started the game again to ensure that I am able to get all of the missable trophies. I am now up to Skellige and cannot wait to finish work to play it. I will be content with an overall completion of 70% or more as the game has sat on 7% completed for sometime.

I am also playing Overwatch competitively again and really enjoying that.

Looking forward to all of your updates this month.

The same happened to me with The Witcher 3, I bought it on release and it took me months to complete it and when I finally did finish it I wasn't overly impressed with it. It was only when I went back to get the trophies that the game clicked for me and I loved every minute of it after that.

My progress has slowed right down, I've mostly been playing new games rather than ones from the backlog. I did however platinum Doom 3 which was sitting in the backlog since 2014. And I've been slowly making progress on The Crew. As for new games though, I've been focusing on the Mass Effect series (I'm on 3 now) and absolutely loving them. I still have to go back to Resident Evil 7 and The Last of Us II which I started recently and I'll be starting Ghost of Tsushima when it releases on Friday. 

I've already lost my progress of 83% after starting Mass Effect 3 so Ghost of Tsushima is gonna set me right back. I reckon I can still make 85% before the end of the year though.

• Like 2

My mid-month update: So, I haven't started a new game, just been working on my vita game and other grinds on PS4. However, this is burning me out, so now that I have finished FO76 (Holy shit this was awful and boring and awful and awful), I think I am going to start a new game. Been grinding in Iceborne, but the rng is just so much it isn't fun. I think I am pretty close to the end of the story for Dungeon Travelers 2, so that will be a grind I will need to start, though it isn't RNG, so I will probably just binge a show and grind it out. I don't feel like putting in the effort/grind for Dead Cells (though I do want to go back to it eventually). So I am going to start Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. This will be my first AC, so excited for that, plus only one missable trophy that is easy to get, so I can just relax and play through the game. So this will knock my % down, but I am not too worried. I need to find some motivation to finish at least one of my old PS3 games that I don't have completed.... lol. That would def help with %, but at this rate, I won't be completing my goal without doing at least one of those games. *goes to search for motivation* How's everyone else doing?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I need to find some motivation to finish at least one of my old PS3 games that I don't have completed.... lol.

May I suggest inFamous? It's a lot of fun and it's sitting at 10% completion, so it could help increase your total percentage by quite a bit.

Mirror's Edge is another good option. Getting the plat takes some work, but just beating the story is pretty easy and should increase your completion rate substantially.

2 minutes ago, Niilismo said:

May I suggest inFamous? It's a lot of fun and it's sitting at 10% completion, so it could help increase your total percentage by quite a bit.

Mirror's Edge is another good option. Getting the plat takes some work, but just beating the story is pretty easy and should increase your completion rate substantially.

I don't think I own inFamous. I am pretty sure someone else played that on my account when I lived with roommates. There are a few games like that on my account, makes me a sad panda hahaha.

I added the infamous ps3 collection to my wishlist, might pick it up. Or I can pray that it goes on sale (HA) lol.

Mirrors Edge... Yea, I need to give this one more of a go. I think I played one night for a little bit, but didn't play enough to really form anything on it.

But yea. I should give both of those another go. :D

Still working on Disgaea 5, though I am pretty deep into the post-game now and should be wrapping up the game fairly soon. Got several characters lined up to go from 1-9999 to hit the 10 million base stat cap. Beyond that I have a couple hours of shard farming to do, maybe some dives for OP gear, then game over.

After I'll swing back around finally to completing every old game I have in my list (except SMB) because I can't keep putting them off till the end of the year. I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling to go back to old games though. xD