National trophy Hunting Day Community Event! R2 - OVER

Beyondthegrave07

Would you like to participate?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for earning some trophies on Sept 22nd 2018?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but I do not want to be in the drawing for U.S. PSN cards
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you like to volunteer to count trophies?

• Yes, I would love to help with the event!
    • No thanks!

8 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

I'll have to work that day and will miss most of it but seriously, how does a person get over 100 trophies in a single day? The only thing I can imagine is blazing through a bunch of shit or easy games in a coke fueled rage.

cocke-review-cocaine.gif

2 people did it last year and played a bunch of easy games. My name is Mayo got angelgrevious halfway there in an hour or so. You don't have to shoot for 100. It's not like you get anything special for it except for your name in the OP, which will net to a total amount of zero dollars and zero cents. 1 trophy will suffice for the drawing. Haha!

I'm actually hoping to get 10-20 on that day. My original plan was to play my usual stuff (Gems of War weekly guild requirements, Fallout Shelter management, my usual "random" boost sessions and whatever I feel like, from Tekken 7 online to Redout) but on top of that I now plan to do a little clean up on the games that I started just to boost the online (Persona 4 Arena, Redout, Wipeout Omega, Dirt 3, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max... I have tons of easy trophies on games that I just started for the online trophies). I also have a boost session scheduled for Rise of the Tomb Raider and continue Arcana Heart 3 LM 100 online ranked wins (I kind of hope both go smoothly so that I have time for the easy and quick trophies too.. But as I said, my target is 20, anything over that is a bonus.

Note: I actually could go for over 100 with XBlaze Lost Memories + Psycho-Pass + some other VN game (I think) that I always forget the name, or Sam & Max Devils Playground 5 parts (all in my backlog). But I'm not a fan of rushing through games, and even less a fan of skipping story.. So, I will not aim for that high. 

• Like 1

This should be fun. Seeing as the winner last year just played 3 speed trophy games, I don't see very much prestige in getting the top score. I won't buy crap games to try and get my name at the top of the list, though I might have 1 easy plat I can use. I will however tailor some of my trophies to pop on that day. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

If im not too late im in. I will be only two days post op for my knee but I have my Vita pretty loaded right now with stuff. I also just picked up an easy lego game for vita as well.

Vote in the poll. That's it! Best of luck!

I picked up Reverie for it, but I'll probably throw in some Teslagrad, Burnout Paradise, or Call of Duty Advanced Warfare in there. Maybe even some Hitman 3

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 7:24 AM, Deadpool--Rik said:

Maybe 12 hours before, gives everyone time to see it. I've got an alarm set on my phone to remind me, not that I need it, I've already got my day all planned out.

Unfortunately, I work during the day so I cannot do this, but for the sake of being "fair", everyone will have about a 24-hour notice (I'll post it tonight around 10 or 11 ET). That's plenty of time to see it and unless someone has a really bad memory, they won't forget about it either.

People can still join, but they won't get the reminder (obviously).

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Bos10George said:

This should be fun. Seeing as the winner last year just played 3 speed trophy games, I don't see very much prestige in getting the top score. I won't buy crap games to try and get my name at the top of the list, though I might have 1 easy plat I can use. I will however tailor some of my trophies to pop on that day. Good luck everyone!

More trophies earned means more money for everyone.  It wasn't about any prestige, it was about getting a larger prize pool. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, angelgrievous said:

More trophies earned means more money for everyone.  It wasn't about any prestige, it was about getting a larger prize pool. 

I am not doing this for the money. I'm doing this for the fun of it. If I win a $25 gift card then yay, but I am not going to spend $25 to do it even to have my name at the top of some list.

Congrats on having the most last year though.?

3 hours ago, Bos10George said:

I am not doing this for the money. I'm doing this for the fun of it. If I win a $25 gift card then yay, but I am not going to spend $25 to do it even to have my name at the top of some list.

Congrats on having the most last year though.1f60e.png

Well, to be fair, I added the 100 trophy club this year. Not to mention that if you took away the top 2 scorers last year, I give away 1 card instead of 2. So the huge contribution from @angelgrievous and @wolverine123 is noteworthy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bos10George said:

Congrats on having the most last year though.1f60e.png

Okay cool dude, wasn't going to argue but since you want to I will.  Like @Beyondthegrave07 pointed out, it wasn't even a thing until this year.  Also, getting the most trophies didn't even guarantee a win.  Like I said, the more trophies won, the bigger the prize pool, which means more people win more money, get it?  Probably not.  I didn't do it for the money either, and I didn't do it for the trophies, if you look back at my contributions to this site you will see that I have hosted lots of events giving out free PSN cards for nothing in return.  I do this because I find enjoyment from giving to others and if I have to pay $25 to buy some shitty games to get as many trophies as I can to give more people a chance to win then I will.  Stop trying to act like some too cool for school tough guy, it's really annoying.  

Oh, and I hope my 100+ trophies earns you more of a chance to win.   ? 

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Is everyone ready for this? Well, you have about 27 hours to prepare yourself! 

Also thank you @eigen-space and @BB-BakkerJ for being with us in spirit! I know you'll be rooting for us :yay:

NOTE: It's very possible that I accidentally tagged you twice or didn't tag you at all (oops), but I want to reiterate what I said at the very beginning that FOLLOWING the topic is 100% fullproof because it's pretty much a constant reminder that this event is happening.

Im ready kinda, I just need to plan my games now. Man I wished I would have saved all my visual novels. I platinumed 2 just last week. I appreciate you tagging everybody! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shadowhood1111 said:

Im ready kinda, I just need to plan my games now. Man I wished I would have saved all my visual novels. I platinumed 2 just last week. I appreciate you tagging everybody! 

Kind of a PITA, so I'm glad someone appreciates it! Haha!

You could just be whimsical and play whatever you feel...draw games out of a hat, put them in a random generator, roll your 20-sided dice, or make a dartboard using your games and have a child throw at it.  It'll probably fetch you at least a few trophies! :P 

1 minute ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I will be ready. My vita is fully loaded. Seriously I have no more hard drive space in it. I wont have access to my ps4 for a week since while initially recovering. No stairs for me again once I get help upstairs tomorrow. 

Awesome and best of luck. Hope your recovery goes well! :) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Guess I noticed this just in time. Lol. Not sure how many trophies I'll get, though. Don't have any super short games in the backlog right now. 

Might be a flash sale tomorrow ;)  I'm kind of hoping for that anyway, if not then I guess I may continue with Danganronpa 2 or PS4 version of Reverie

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Might be a flash sale tomorrow ;)  I'm kind of hoping for that anyway, if not then I guess I may continue with Danganronpa 2 or PS4 version of Reverie

:AHHH: Though I do still need a couple more Plats to line up my next milestone, so I probably wouldn't mind there being one. 

• Like 1

Sounds like fun, I'm in. (voted in poll) Might continue Yomawari or try out something new. 

9 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Danganronpa. <3 

• Like 1