Camp Wannalottaplat

Here are my picks. I will add more as the event goes forward. I picked out games for every category but I don't want to post and track them all for the entire summer. So for now, this is what I'm going with. I am excited for all of my choices this time, so we will just have to see how much time I have after tackling these meaty titles.

La495b1.pngL88f3a6.png

L4a541a.pngL764754.png

SHOOT SOMETHING: Rise of the Tomb Raider - I am picking this because she uses a bow quite a bit. I really enjoyed working on the plat from the 2013 game. It had a long multiplayer grind, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. I really like these cinematic action adventure games so I am very excited to dive into this one. I popped a trophy for it by playing in the menus and opening some card packs. I haven't even started the game yet.

HANG OUT AT THE LAKE: God of War - I rented this on launch day and I had every intention of plowing through it to the platinum before giving it back. But it was so big and I lost momentum. I will either rent it again or buy it this summer and wrap it up. This game can safely fit many categories but I chose this one because you end up canoeing all around the Lake of Nines and there is a trophy, that I haven't unlocked yet, that is specifically for discovering all the secrets the lake has to offer.

BE A HERMIT: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - This one fits the category in multiple ways. You will of course meet a hermit. But the idea behind the category, is you have a kid at camp that just stays in and plays games and doesn't participate with all the activities. The Witcher fits this because of Gwent. You can totally just sit down and play cards for hours and hours while you ignore all the important quests you're supposed to be doing. I'm looking forward to hunkering down with this game over the summer and finally giving it the hours it demands.

BONUS CATEGORY: Final Fantasy XV - When I look at this game, my brain goes, "ROAD TRIP!" I picked this game for another event because of its themes around friendship, but I had to swap it out because I was running out of time. I am hoping I can complete it this time around. I'll think I should try to do this before I get myself invested in the Witcher. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

I'm interested! I think I'll do the following four:

Make Something: Atelier Lydie & Sulle - the entire game revolves around making things with the alchemy system

Tell a Ghost Story: Knock-Knock - A boy is trapped in a haunted house with real ghosts and needs to survive the night

Make Friends: Blue Reflection - making friends with classmates provides additional support benefits in battle

Bonus: Atelier Rorona - there's an event in the game where all the girls take a vacation to the lake

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

I'm interested! I think I'll do the following four:

Make Something: Atelier Lydie & Sulle - the entire game revolves around making things with the alchemy system

Tell a Ghost Story: Knock-Knock - A boy is trapped in a haunted house with real ghosts and needs to survive the night

Make Friends: Blue Reflection - making friends with classmates provides additional support benefits in battle

Bonus: Atelier Rorona - there's an event in the game where all the girls take a vacation to the lake

Welcome. Nice list! They all sound like solid choices.

Ohhhhhh this seems like good fun!  I'll join if that's okay? ?

EDIT: So I've decided to try for all categories. May regret this...

• Make Friends - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. Entire series revolves around the power of friendship, and I had KH2 as my bonus game so I couldn't put it here. DONE
  • Hang out at the Lake - Flynn and Freckles. Lots of water...although no swimming because Flynn can't actually swim. Some pirate he is... DONE
  • Play a Sport - All-Stars Fruit Racing. Kart Racing is a sport, right? There's championships and everything.
  • Go Hiking - Monster Hunter World. The only time you're not running around by foot is when you're getting tossed around by monsters, and wish you had ran faster away from them on foot... DONE
  • Shoot Something - Worms: Battlegrounds. A variety of different weapons to shoot your enemies with.
  • Make Something - Mad Max. Lots of resource collecting here! Maybe even a bit too much from what I've heard
  • Learn Something - Stories: Path of Destinies. You learn new truths about the world and the story with each playthrough. DONE
  • Put on a Show - Bound. The story follows a dancer (ballet I think?) overcoming her fears so she can perform. Also pretty sure the gameplay is a lot of dancing? DONE
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Beyond: Two Souls. So I was reading a bit more into the story, and apparently it involves "questions about what happens after death. The player takes Jodie  on a journey to discover the true nature of Aiden, a disembodied entity and her constant companion throughout the story." So I decided to change my game to this since it seems fitting. DONE
  • Get Tested - Just Cause 3. Lots of Challenges to be completed here. DONE
  • Be a Hermit - Darksiders II. Lots of puzzle solving inside each of the dungeons (the best kind of gameplay there is, to me). DONE
  • Survive - This War of Mine: The Little Ones. You have to gather resources in order to survive from day to day through the War until a ceasefire. DONE

• BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 to the rest of the world). A circus and a beach, lots of travelling to exotic locations (including the future) for a boy who has never left his hometown. What more could you want? DONE
Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Ohhhhhh this seems like good fun!  I'll join if that's okay? ?

I can't decide on games though. So far I only have one:

• Get Tested - Bound is apparently really difficult right? I'm a little scared of trying it...

Would "Mad Max" count under Survive? If so that'll be my second. Lemme look at my backlog to see if I can find a third and bonus one...

Hey Kristycism! Just in general, I don't police the game choices. I may ask questions if something seems way off. But for the most part, if you think it fits or will probably fit then go ahead and choose it. But with that said, I think Bound is notoriously difficult and it's an Ultra Rare plat so it fits nicely. I haven't played Mad Max but I think it fits too. I believe there is a bunch of scavenging etc. If not it would fit under Make Something, because I know for sure you craft parts and upgrade your car and stuff like that. 

• Like 1

Woo! Can't wait to start this one. xD Took me a whole day to figure out what I had that could work for the event so, here it is:

Make Friends: Oxenfree

Tell a Ghost Story: Here They Lie

Be a Hermit: Eventide 2

BONUS: Dark Arcana: The Carnival

I feel like I may switch it up at some point because two of my picks are point and clicks. I was going to add Go Hiking and put MHW but I'm grinding away right now to try and get my last two crowns for my platinum. I can't wait three weeks to finish this game. It's legit killing me!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Woo! Can't wait to start this one. xD Took me a whole day to figure out what I had that could work for the event so, here it is:

Make Friends: Oxenfree

Tell a Ghost Story: Here They Lie

Be a Hermit: Eventide 2

BONUS: Dark Arcana: The Carnival

I feel like I may switch it up at some point because two of my picks are point and clicks. I was going to add Go Hiking and put MHW but I'm grinding away right now to try and get my last two crowns for my platinum. I can't wait three weeks to finish this game. It's legit killing me!

Oxenfree is great. I was going to add that in as an example above. 

Just now, Barbell-Disciple said:

I'm in if there is still room! Will post my game choices after wrapping up Firewatch, hopefully this weekend 1f44c.png1f3c6.png

There is room! I figured you'd be joining but didn't want to sign you up without you specifically saying you wanted it.

• Like 1

Im going to put my list in order I will probably complete them.

Hang out at the lake:  Abzu : 20%

S5b04a1.png

Craft Something: Yonder The Cloud Catcher Chronicle:  02%

S59c83d.png

Tell a Ghost Story: Murdered Soul Suspect : 15%

Sb034ad.png

Shoot Something: Far Cry 5: 07%

S6dca20.png

Make Friends: Tokyo Xanadu : 31%

Scbec93.png

Bonus Game: Bully : 01%

Sa2c683.png

I want to clear as many of these as possible, especially Tokyo Xanadu. I want to start a new game for the halloween challenge so I need a kick in the butt to finish this over the summer.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey Kristycism! Just in general, I don't police the game choices. I may ask questions if something seems way off. But for the most part, if you think it fits or will probably fit then go ahead and choose it. But with that said, I think Bound is notoriously difficult and it's an Ultra Rare plat so it fits nicely. I haven't played Mad Max but I think it fits too. I believe there is a bunch of scavenging etc. If not it would fit under Make Something, because I know for sure you craft parts and upgrade your car and stuff like that. 

Agghhh sorry, I've never participated in an event before! >_< But thats totally fair! Would be a lot of work for you to check every game! My bad!

Thanks for hosting this and sorry for my newbness :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, f1-owner2011 said:

I would love to join as well, my games are as follows:

Make Something: Minecraft(ps3)

Tell a Ghost Story: Murdered: Soul Suspect(ps4)

Shoot Something: Far Cry 3

I got you added!

5 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Agghhh sorry, I've never participated in an event before! >_< But thats totally fair! Would be a lot of work for you to check every game! My bad!

It's no problem. it gets asked pretty much every new event. If it wasn't you, it would be someone else. I will  try to make it more clear in the main post for the next event. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Here are my picks. I will add more as the event goes forward. I picked out games for every category but I don't want to post and track them all for the entire summer. So for now, this is what I'm going with. I am excited for all of my choices this time, so we will just have to see how much time I have after tackling these meaty titles.

La495b1.pngL88f3a6.png

L4a541a.pngL764754.png

SHOOT SOMETHING: Rise of the Tomb Raider - I am picking this because she uses a bow quite a bit. I really enjoyed working on the plat from the 2013 game. It had a long multiplayer grind, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. I really like these cinematic action adventure games so I am very excited to dive into this one. I popped a trophy for it by playing in the menus and opening some card packs. I haven't even started the game yet.

HANG OUT AT THE LAKE: God of War - I rented this on launch day and I had every intention of plowing through it to the platinum before giving it back. But it was so big and I lost momentum. I will either rent it again or buy it this summer and wrap it up. This game can safely fit many categories but I chose this one because you end up canoeing all around the Lake of Nines and there is a trophy, that I haven't unlocked yet, that is specifically for discovering all the secrets the lake has to offer.

BE A HERMIT: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - This one fits the category in multiple ways. You will of course meet a hermit. But the idea behind the category, is you have a kid at camp that just stays in and plays games and doesn't participate with all the activities. The Witcher fits this because of Gwent. You can totally just sit down and play cards for hours and hours while you ignore all the important quests you're supposed to be doing. I'm looking forward to hunkering down with this game over the summer and finally giving it the hours it demands.

BONUS CATEGORY: Final Fantasy XV - When I look at this game, my brain goes, "ROAD TRIP!" I picked this game for another event because of its themes around friendship, but I had to swap it out because I was running out of time. I am hoping I can complete it this time around. I'll think I should try to do this before I get myself invested in the Witcher. 

You really picked some good games. Top notch but but some are huge investments. Good luck with them.

1 minute ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

You really picked some good games. Top notch but but some are huge investments. Good luck with them.

Thank you! I know these have some lengthy time investments. This event is running an extra month compared to the others. Since I have the full summer, I think I can do it. Also, for God of War I just have some collectibles clean-up to do. I think I can finish that in a day or two once I pick it up again. I already did everything in the game that is challenging, with the exception of beating the final Valkyrie. 

26 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Thanks for hosting this and sorry for my newbness :P

Nice to see you join @Kristycism! Toogs events are always fun and mostly stress free. B)

I never joined an event before so i’d like to toss my hat into the ring as this sounds pretty fun!

2 questions..

can a game count for several categories, like i would chose call of duty WWII for shoot something, but its also an ultra rare plat, so does that also count for get tested? If not I’ll include a 3rd game with a seperate category

also, can you choose a specific category more than once? like playing 2 different shooters for shoot something...

Get Tested - Call of Duty WWII

...I will be going for just the platinum

Put on a Show - Just Sing

Make Something - Dragons Crown

(you can cook food for yourself and others)

BONUS - Call of Duty Infinite Warfare 

will be going for the platinum and 100%

(zombies in spaceland has amusment park rides such as a roller coaster you can ride and arcade games you can play)

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I never joined an event before so i’d like to toss my hat into the ring as this sounds pretty fun!

2 questions..

can a game count for several categories, like i would chose call of duty WWII for shoot something, but its also an ultra rare plat, so does that also count for get tested? If not I’ll include a 3rd game with a seperate category

also, can you choose a specific category more than once? like playing 2 different shooters for shoot something...

Hey there! I'll get you added. Some games can apply to many categories, but you can only count it for one. I think something like The Last of Us or Skyrim could be inserted just about anywhere this time. However, what you'll see is many people will end up picking extra games for fun or trying to get something for every category. I don't see anything wrong with trying to cover all 12 categories with just a few games and posting about how you're getting the full camp experience. That's actually kind of cool in theory. But as far as the event badge goes, I'm looking for three unique games in three unique categories. So that should answer the other question as well.